Page 208 of 692 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I’m really proud of you - and of course you will still get set backs- but you know how to handle them, you know what it is and you will never give up home.

i love the way that no matter what symptoms comes your way- you always manage to stay calm and hopeful. I just get all “I can’t cope with this anymore.” X

Hi Mrs C....

Awww so glad your Carol service went well, isn’t it the most wonderful feeling when the anxiety stays away, you almost feel like you can conquer the world. You did really well, so proud of you...

Might see if porridge will help me too as I suffer a lot with acid and indigestion, usually just have toast for breakfast but that can bring it on, if I Haven’t already woke with it, which always confuses me... how do you get acid and indigestion overnight when you haven’t eaten anything ...unless it’s the juice I take to bed...who knows...

Anyway hope today is a good day for you too....xx

Hi YNWA

I was having toast for ages before I switched to porridge.
    It's about my 5th day and already I've noticed a massive difference. It's like my stomach has been lined with a safety net against all the muck we eat.
    I think the juice will definitely set you off when you go to bed. Especially orange! If you like juice, give pineapple ago, see if it helps. x

Mrs M, I may appear calm, but inside I'm writhing.
    But I'm not a quitter and neither are you!
    You are an intelligent woman that can take back control.
    You were making good progress before, so what has changed?
    I think your work might have something to do with it. Christmas, obviously. And you mentioned that you think you might have a tummy bug.
    Personally I think it's your anxiety and your health anxiety is telling you otherwise.
    And maybe you are trying to fight something that you should just let ride over you.
    You need to find ways to relax, preferably normal things. x

No it’s not orange, usually apple and black current or cherries and berries and I do make it quite weak, can’t drink just plain water so just add a tad of juice to it, but then again I sometimes think fresh air gives me acid...

That should be ok YNWA. I find my acid can react after 4-6 hours of eating something that didn't agree with my stomach. And if I'm already anxious it's like there's a homage of stuff going on in my belly.

Brilliant....I knew it would be better the second time around. And you probably made that woman's day when you complimented her on her singing. Small kindnesses are lovely.

What about the bottles of flavoured water Mrs.M. Would they be better than squash? I also think we will all be better once Christmas is out of the way.

Hmmmmm porridge, lovely....

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Fellow Warriors.
    Yes, the Universe certainly aligned for me when it brought me this part-time job at the shelter. At times I feel it has caused me to skip some of the things that I should be doing around the house and at home with my OWN animals, but I'm not sure those things would be getting done if I stayed in full retirement, either, because I was becoming somewhat of a lazy slug when I had no firm responsibilities or commitments.

Oh, I do get the talk-back from the animals, as well as a LOT of scratches and occasional bites, but I don't mind the temporary bleeding and pain, it's just the long-term affects I worry about. I understand there is something called "cat scratch fever" so I try to clean all wounds with peroxide very quickly, but the big one is fear of Rabies. It's rare (thank God) but it's deadly. So the shelter has insisted that all employees get preventative rabies vaccines, and I have had quite the struggle with my doctors trying to get it. Apparently it is rare (and VERY expensive) but I have finally found a doctor who ordered it for me. I need to go to the pharmacy, pick up the series of three vaccines, and bring them to the doctor for injections. Of course I am worried about side effects and dangers of vaccinations, but I think I'm going to do it because, like I said, rabies is almost always fatal if not caught quickly.

I am so thrilled about your experience, Mrs. C, of leaving the sing-along feeling "normal". The especially great news is that now your brain remembers that feeling and may start repeating it more often! The more of those experiences you can have, the more they will take over the anxious feelings.

Regarding indigestion, I find the only time I experience heartburn is if my stomach has been empty too long. Apparently the digestive juices have nothing to work on so they start irritating your lining. Instead of any juice at night, how about a few crackers and tea?

I agree that fighting our anxiety and symptoms only makes it worse, but it's human instinct to fight it, especially in use anxiety-sufferers who have been fighting it for decades. But if we can develop a nonchalant "So what?" attitude when we feel the first symptom, it might help to reduce the ones that usually follow. It has worked for me while I'm busy at work. I start to feel ill, and think "So what, if it gets really bad, THEN I will do something about it, but for now, if it's not constant and severe, big deal. Not everyone feels wonderful 100% of the time."

Gearing up for one of the busiest times of year - that's enough to make anyone anxious!
    Sue

I hope Carnation is doing good- she hasn’t been on here for a bit - which I am thinking is a good sign especially as she was doing well when she last wrote.

merry Christmas everyone - not the best tome of year for everyone -
    but wishing you all a good time despite what you are going through x

I was on here yesterday Mrs M
    Just been a bit busy with Christmas!
    Will update later. x

Page 208 of 692 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast

Thread Information