Page 210 of 694 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 6931

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thanks Mrs M
    I have no expectations with today after yesterday leaving me slightly malaise. I'm not going to conform to Christmas Day protocol. We eat when we eat and ride with what we feel like doing.
    There's too much pressure put on fragile people like us.

Sue, I hope you got through your event without too much upset. Sounds like your sister suffers with insecurity deep down, so it is sad. No excuse to treat you badly, but like I've said said before, she's probably jealous.
    Now it's over, you can do as you please. x

To anyone looking in and to all that know me, I truly wish you to have a peaceful and calm day and send my love to you all. x

Love to all too- kind and lovely people xxxxx

A very happy Christmas to us all. We will survive it as we always do. The anticipation has gone, along with Christmas Eve and I think for me certainly that's the worst bit.

I wish us all a peaceful new year too.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi All

Christmas Day was not the picture out of a storybook or Hollywood movie for me, but I really didn't expect it to be.
    For me, it was just getting through the day, praying I wasn't going to have a panic attack or something dreadful happening.
    My anxiety was high and buying a whole turkey was not the best made plan. (please stop me from doing the same next year). Six whole hours mucking about with this bird. Prepping, basting, turning it over, poking it with skewers.
    Once it was cooked and eaten, (only a few slices after all that work), I felt a wave of relief. Especially as I've sprained my wrist again! But the pressure of producing a festive meal was agonising and time wasting.
    I also became square eyes with the tv and couldn't seem to get in to any of it. I was pleased to hit my bed last night.
    The weather was for once a beautiful sunny day and we sat in the garden to get some of that much needed vitamin D. A reminder that Spring is not too far away and the evenings will gradually get lighter.
    I think we should ALL congratulate ourselves in getting through one of the most difficult days of the year.
    We have to acknowledge that we make an effort, put our grievances and suffering to one side and appear to be in control. That should be rewarded so I am saying, "Well Done, You are brilliant and Don't be so hard on yourself". x

Wow I really needed to hear that right now cxxx

I will remind you next year
    i haven't bought a turkey in years. I buy one of those turkey joint things. They come in a foil tray and take 60 minutes to cook. Sainsbury's sell them but I'm sure they've all got their own versions. They are also far moister than a turkey which can be as dry as shoe leather...they are also much cheaper.

Ghost…Spillways

It's almost over..... now we just have New Year's Eve and New Year's Day hype to get through, but that's not even a fraction as bad as the Christmas holiday. The major drawback for me is it's another 2-3 days that my husband will be off from work and hitched to my side like a piece of velcro, and I am so overdue for some ALONE time. He pretty much takes the entire week off between Christmas and New Year's and since he's been going into the animal shelter with me to volunteer, we're glued at the hip.

I think I've discovered another thing that makes the holidays extra bad for us anxiety people: the change in diets and food. I feel so much better when I am eating clean and healthy, but for the past several weeks I have given in to all the candy and cookies and cakes and treats that everyone has been piling on. I think all the extra sugar and carbs is wreaking havoc with my nervous system. I am starting a new healthy eating plan right - probably even signing up for a hypnosis weight loss program starting January 7th, so I will be anxious to see if I start getting rid of all these physical "anxiety" symptoms once I get the sugar out of my system.

Toxic sister was extra bad again on Christmas Day but I managed to keep my distance from her as best I could. Now I don't have to see her for at least a few weeks, or until the next mandatory birthday or gathering she insists everyone attends.
    Sue

I agree Sue, New Year's Eve/ day are nothing compared. In fact I'm even in bed by 11pm....just never have had any interest in it.

Glad you survived your sister relatively unscathed.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks Darksky
    That's exactly what I should have got.
    I've been carving the blighter up today and realised what a ridiculous choice I made.

I agree Sue and Darksky.
    New Years Day is like a Sunday and New year's eve you can take or leave.

Well done for getting through your day with your sister Cruella, that is her name, isn't it?
    As I've said before, there's a deep rooted reason why she is like that and likely to be a sad one.
    So you are right to feel sorry for her.
    I don't have much of a family anymore, just a cousin I keep in touch with. Most of the locusts left after my mum passed. My family is on here now apart from Mr C, that goes with saying. x

Page 210 of 694 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast

Thread Information