Page 211 of 695 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 6942

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Aw that’s so lovely to hear Mrs C! I feel like you are definitely family to me! People that care and you can relate to.

oh no- what is that I hear about locusts? I hope it doesn’t mean that some family members were claiming money from your parents despite the fact you were the one that cared for them?

Hope the rest of your day was good xxxx

So I woke up this morning, (good line for a song), sounding like Bonnie Tyler / Rod Stewart / Phil Mitchell, take your pick. So I've been prodding my neck for gland swelling, as you do.
    The house had been pumping out heat all day and I forgot to leave the bedroom window open to ventilate.
    It gave Wilko a great opportunity to make an appearance, but after two cuppas, it's easing off.
    The mound of ironing I did yesterday probably didn't help the atmosphere. Yes, I was ironing on Boxing Day. I could no longer vegetate on the sofa watching tv, so I did me ironing watching tv.
    I can feel a shift with anxiety from yesterday afternoon slightly descending. I'm also sick of the Xmas decks and want to take them down, but they do give more light with these dull days.
    Mr C wants to go out today and I don't mind, but jostling for a parking spot, crowds and the sales are not my thing. With or without Wilko.
    Mr C likes a bargain and has been known to spend a considerable time going through what seems like everything in the shops while I pace up and down trying not to say, "Come on!" or "Are you Ready?"
    The kitchen has yet again become my anxiety zone.
    As soon as I put my foot over the threshold, in a matter of seconds it feels like I'm standing on a cliff edge.
    Even making a cup of tea, I feel like I'm about to collapse.
    I really don't know how I manage to make a dinner sometimes, but I feel like the fastest cook in the West. Although I'm in the East.
    Reluctantly I now have to get ready to face the mob in the big wide world. At least with my hoarse voice I don't have to speak to anyone.

I love the way you describe things - like it’s a comedy- it makes you feel better about it doesn’t it. I can’t help thinking of the shop wilko though when you say it.

what is making you worried about the kitchen? Or is it just a random one? X

Actually it's the kitchen and the bathroom Mrs M.
    I put this to one of many therapists and her answer was it was because those two rooms seem to have more danger zones when highly sensitised or open the gateways to anxiety and overthinking.
    For example...
    In the kitchen there are hot appliances, heavy things to lift, spills on the floor, gas, sounds that can make you jump, the pressure of keeping an eye on stuff.
    The bathroom is where we look at ourselves and judge how we are feeling. It's where we bare all, shower / bath and do our toilet stuff which can make people anxious if they have IBS or something similar.
    Also both rooms allow the mind to wander because they accommodate daily mundane routines, our brain looks for other things to think about causing us to get anxious.
    To avoid this or rectify it, you have to change your routine, stay in the zone longer than is comfortable and change your thought pattern while there.
    For example...
    Singing, listening to music or meditation App, mixing up your routine by doing something last that you normally do first, you get the idea. x

Wow that sounds really tough- but you are doing a great job with it. I always find I struggle with the bathroom and kitchen as they are places where I always spot a place I need to clean.

xxxx

Cleaning is good therapy Mrs M
    My voice gone from Bonnie Tyler to Marg Simpson now

Marg Simpson eh? It’s got to get better than that eh?

Is cleaning therapy? X

I think so Mrs M. It can become addictive to some people.

Haha- my husband would love that x

Pleased to say Marg Simpson, Bonnie Tyler, Rod Stewart and Phil Mitchell have left the building.
    It turned out that I've had a throat infection for the last few days and has been the reason I've felt off, sleepy, lethargic, shivery and caused my anxiety to ramp up.
    I knew it wasn't just anxiety, even though Mr C told me a hundred times it was. I felt genuinely unwell.
    And at 6am this morning, without giving you too much info, it cleared out in the bathroom.
    Probably due to my excessive care yesterday.
    My voice is back to normal so I can shout at Mr C again.
    And any wise woman will play on, "I'm not a hundred percent yet, so would you mind?"

Page 211 of 695 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast

Thread Information