Page 217 of 692 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 6914

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I feel exactly the same as you Mrs C- how long will this last? But you have had relapses and completely recovered before- so have I, but it does feel like this one is taking forever. I guess because we are wishing the anxiety away x

Yes, I've had about 4 or 5 Relapses. Recovered. Had a couple that continued on from each other and yes, it's getting on for 5 months with this one.
    The thing I'm working on most is my thought process.
    Not to overreact!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Yes, I've had about 4 or 5 Relapses. Recovered. Had a couple that continued on from each other and yes, it's getting on for 5 months with this one.
    The thing I'm working on most is my thought process.
    Not to overreact!
    How long do they usually last and have you done anything different this time? This is by far my longest relapse- but I think I actually had the breakdown this time. I think I have managed to prevent it before- this time I had a reduction in functioning. However, you are living proof that you can recover and give us both so much hope xxxx

A time span is a difficult one Mrs M, but my shortest relapse was about a month. The relapse now was different because of the depression Mrs M. That has more or less gone, unfortunately the anxiety hasn't.
    But it can't go completely, so it's a matter of calming down and that can take time. x

Just popping in to catch up on everyone. Feeling physically a little under the weather and have been trying to figure out which of 3 possible causes is making me feel this way, but today I'm telling myself "Does it matter?" I feel yucky and am not having the best day, but is it really going to help the issue to know exactly WHY? Probably not. So accept it, because even "normal" people have bad days and off days but the difference is they simply accept it and know it will pass without dwelling on it. So that's what I'm trying today. I'll get through the day at work, the hectic pace and distractions will help, and then I will just give in to whatever I feel like doing this evening, which I predict will be nothing. Hubby didn't sleep well at all last night so I know he is probably going to be dozing off as soon as he gets home from work so we can both just grab our blankets and hit the couch with the TV remote.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would rather feel physically crappy than mentally crappy (anxious, depressed) any time. People who don't suffer with anxiety wouldn't understand that, but I'm betting you do.

My sister (not the toxic one) came to my work yesterday at the shelter as she had never seen the place and was very impressed. But she was persistent and obsessed with the fact that at times I can be there alone at night and that the doors are not locked and anyone can walk in and harm me. I, too, had thought about that when I first started there, but quickly realized that all I can do is do my best to be aware of my surroundings, take precautions, and not worry about what "might" happen. As I told her yesterday, I've kind of accepted that whatever's going to happen will happen, and worrying about it in advance doesn't stop it from happening.

Don't get me wrong, I have made some recommendations to the Board of Directors for things that we could possibly do to improve things there, and changes will happen, but not overnight. In the meantime, us warriors just keep charging onward, right, ladies?
    Sue

Hi Sue,. First of all, a hug from me

Secondly, yes, whatever it is that is making you feel this way and you could probably use two hands for reasons for that, you are just best to let it pass in its own time.
    The body has its own way of rejuvenating and repairing in its own natural way without the poking and prodding from our overworked brain.
    Maybe get to bed a bit earlier because that is when the body does most of its healing.

Yes, I agree with you. Anxiety is the worst!
    Because of its intensity, its consistency and its many, many symptoms that can produce physical problems and also the infliction of depression.
    It's like the master of all evil.
    Plus, you really don't know where you are with it from one day to the next, actually I'd say one minute to the next.
    No doctor can repair you, but only make life bearable.
    The healing lies deep within ourselves.
    And it is up to us to take care of ourselves with a healthy balance and learning to adapt to this strange way of living.
    And we do that with great courage and a zest for life.

Sue, I've worked on my own in various situations throughout my life and it is far more safer than walking down a street. But you could always take your own dog with you for safety or arrange your own days to include hubby's volunteer days so that you are not on your own.

So, we are now in the 20s and let's hope they are roaring ones.

Hi Lady - I love your hugs and I feel better already after receiving it!

Great advice to just try to get extra sleep when I'm feeling "eh".

It will most probably help and certainly can't hurt! It's just a shame I hate going to bed so much. For some reason I love dozing off on the couch but when hate going up to bed. Maybe it's a throwback from when you HAD to go to bed as a kid and didn't want to. There's just something so enjoyable about being comfortably settled in for the night on the couch and maybe starting to feel sleepy and being able to give into it, rather than forcing your tired self to get up and head to bed. By the time I get there, I'm wide awake again. If I could watch TV in bed I wouldn't mind so much but hubby can't sleep with the TV on.

I agree that walking down the street is more dangerous these days than being assaulted at your place of business. I get a little nervous at night at home when hubby is out of town, but all we can do is be prepared, be alert, be aware, and protect ourselves the best we can. The rest is up to fate and the Universe.

The roaring 20's???? Ummmm, ok, maybe we can have some fun with that but I wasn't a big fan of the clothing styles back then. I'm still a 70's girl at heart.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    A time span is a difficult one Mrs M, but my shortest relapse was about a month. The relapse now was different because of the depression Mrs M. That has more or less gone, unfortunately the anxiety hasn't.
    But it can't go completely, so it's a matter of calming down and that can take time. x
    Morning Mrs C, I see, so this one is taking longer as there is depression involved- but the good news is the depression has gone- which means you are in the right track .

Sue,

You know we are the same page, you and I.
    I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to go to bed. When you are snug on your sofa clicking the remote on the tv, with a comforting drink, and a fluffy blanket to snug you even more. Who wants to leave that to get undressed, step into a cold bed and lie there in dead silence in the hope of falling asleep?
    But I've made the same creche in my bedroom.
    First of all of you don't have headphones, I advise getting some. That way you can listen to wonderful Apps of the sounds of the sea or woodland ambience. You can also listen to positive affirmations.
    Every bedside table should accommodate a good book. I'm not talking about anything you can lay your hands on, something that you have a high interest in.
    I bet you don't do muscle relaxation in bed, why would you, that's extra armchair, tv time.
    What about a hand massage with hand cream as you lie in bed. Why not paint your nails while you are in that zone.
    Make your going to bed interesting and relaxing.
    I actually can't wait for bedtime these days.
    And did you know that even going to bed ten minutes early will benefit you.
    You are more likely to fall asleep quicker, because they say that you can actually be too tired to fall asleep peacefully.
    Save your late nights for a good late night film or going out. I'm rarely not in bed after midnight these days. I might not be asleep, but I'm winding down and my body is fully rested.
    And before you think, "but it makes me feel old going to bed too early", wait until you see the difference in your complexion, hair, mood and energy.
    And to be honest the average time people go to bed is between 10-11pm, so if you get to bed before the witching hour, you are still being rebellious.

Mrs M,

I have no doubt that depression had the impact first before the relapse. Something happened to me which I can't talk about on here and I retracted in to my shell instead of dealing with it.
    The depression lingered for a couple of months, maybe longer, but it did fade.
    I don't seem to worry about depression because it's an emotion that's needed to normally get you over something. Clinical depression is a different kettle of fish.
    I'm not normally depressed, I'm a very ambitious and life loving person. But anxiety can get you down, so that causes depression, especially when you think you are getting better, then you're walloped with a another dose of Wilko.
    That's why it is helpful when in that situation to go back to childlike activities and apply meditation and self care.
    Not too much though, otherwise you are not living in the present. x

My day yesterday was very productive.
    I decided all the Christmas decks had to come down. I did this all by myself of course as Mr C watched.
    Everything neatly packed away and stored back in the garage. Then I felt the need for a change and moved all the furniture around, replacing nick-nacks several times,standing back from all angles to see if the new look flowed.
    Which also meant I was cleaning the whole room too.
    All this while trying to make a casserole for dinner. Chop, chop, chopping, I definitely chose the wrong meal to make that day.
    I was at this from 11am to 7pm and I felt like I'd done a day's work.
    But the rewards were very satisfying with a warm comforting meal at the end of it.

Page 217 of 692 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast

Thread Information