Page 218 of 693 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 6922

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Sue,

You know we are the same page, you and I.
    I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to go to bed. When you are snug on your sofa clicking the remote on the tv, with a comforting drink, and a fluffy blanket to snug you even more. Who wants to leave that to get undressed, step into a cold bed and lie there in dead silence in the hope of falling asleep?
    But I've made the same creche in my bedroom.
    First of all of you don't have headphones, I advise getting some. That way you can listen to wonderful Apps of the sounds of the sea or woodland ambience. You can also listen to positive affirmations.
    Every bedside table should accommodate a good book. I'm not talking about anything you can lay your hands on, something that you have a high interest in.
    I bet you don't do muscle relaxation in bed, why would you, that's extra armchair, tv time.
    What about a hand massage with hand cream as you lie in bed. Why not paint your nails while you are in that zone.
    Make your going to bed interesting and relaxing.
    I actually can't wait for bedtime these days.
    And did you know that even going to bed ten minutes early will benefit you.
    You are more likely to fall asleep quicker, because they say that you can actually be too tired to fall asleep peacefully.
    Save your late nights for a good late night film or going out. I'm rarely not in bed after midnight these days. I might not be asleep, but I'm winding down and my body is fully rested.
    And before you think, "but it makes me feel old going to bed too early", wait until you see the difference in your complexion, hair, mood and energy.
    And to be honest the average time people go to bed is between 10-11pm, so if you get to bed before the witching hour, you are still being rebellious.

Mrs M,

I have no doubt that depression had the impact first before the relapse. Something happened to me which I can't talk about on here and I retracted in to my shell instead of dealing with it.
    The depression lingered for a couple of months, maybe longer, but it did fade.
    I don't seem to worry about depression because it's an emotion that's needed to normally get you over something. Clinical depression is a different kettle of fish.
    I'm not normally depressed, I'm a very ambitious and life loving person. But anxiety can get you down, so that causes depression, especially when you think you are getting better, then you're walloped with a another dose of Wilko.
    That's why it is helpful when in that situation to go back to childlike activities and apply meditation and self care.
    Not too much though, otherwise you are not living in the present. x
    yes it’s the fear of it that makes it worse x

My day yesterday was very productive.
    I decided all the Christmas decks had to come down. I did this all by myself of course as Mr C watched.
    Everything neatly packed away and stored back in the garage. Then I felt the need for a change and moved all the furniture around, replacing nick-nacks several times,standing back from all angles to see if the new look flowed.
    Which also meant I was cleaning the whole room too.
    All this while trying to make a casserole for dinner. Chop, chop, chopping, I definitely chose the wrong meal to make that day.
    I was at this from 11am to 7pm and I felt like I'd done a day's work.
    But the rewards were very satisfying with a warm comforting meal at the end of it.
    ooh I love a good casserole- what did you have? X

Of course we're on the same page, Mrs. C..... we are soul sisters.

I could PROBABLY teach myself to enjoy going to bed, IF there weren't a Mr. Sue in it. He is a very light sleeper. The slightest sound, the slightest source of light, or the slightest movement causes him to wake up and thrash around, then he gets all tangled up in his CPAP machine and it's almost comical. But since I no longer have to get up early to get to the office but he still does, I feel I owe him the right to get a decent night's sleep. I DID purchase headphones that wirelessly connected to the bedroom TV so that I could watch in there while he slept, but the light source from the TV kept waking him up. I try to lie perfectly still once I get snuggled in because I don't want to wake him, so massages and body lotion are out. But what I did do a few weeks ago is put some "pillow speakers" on my Christmas list because my son wanted a list of things he could pick from to buy me, and we will do our gift exchange next weekend. If he didn't get the pillow speakers, I will then purchase them myself. Apparently you put them under or in your pillow so only you can hear them, but not your partner. Then perhaps I can do Audio books or positive affirmations or meditations.

And you're right, of course, about a good night's sleep being beneficial, even a tiny amount more than usual. I slept in very late today and my skin and body feel so much better than most mornings. So, I will have to find a happy compromise.

I'm expecting my body to go through some changes in the near future, and along with that will, of course, come some chemical/mental/anxiety changes. I am going back to eating very low carb (I always feel so much better when I can stay off of those, but the holidays really ruined that) and I'm also weaning myself off of the low dose of Gabapentin I was on for anxiety. I never really liked the idea of taking it but my doctor insisted I try it. So I'm cleansing my cells of carbs and Gabapentin, and will be armed and ready for some hormonal fluctuations and anxiety surges.

Wow, that's an incredible day you had, Mrs. C! Between the packing away decorations, cleaning, remodeling, AND a complicated dinner, all in one day?!?!? Isn't it funny how we can occasionally have those when we least expect them? When the mood and the energy hits, you have to go with it because you never know how long it will last. Good for you for using it well!
    Sue

Chicken Casserole Mrs M

Sue,

I now understand your situation with regards to night time.
    When we were carers Mr C went to bed early and did the early morning shift. I stayed up being on call for the late shift and had a lie in. There was only 4 hours where neither of us were on standby duties and can you believe we would often be disturbed in those 4 hours by his mum's needs. Our sleep was pitiful.
    Now Mr C stays up to watch football and his programmes and I'm the one in bed earlier. I have up to two hours to myself which is perfect for my winding down.

So how about doing your tlc on the morning?
    As for the lying still, it sounds awkward, but if you were asleep, you would be doing that.
    You probably do what I used to do and gently inch in the bed gradually almost holding your breath.
    The pillow headphones sound like a brilliant idea, I hope you get them.
    Mr C suffers with restless leg syndrome which means he fidgets and often kicks me waking me up, so half the time I'm on the edge of the bed.
    The price we pay for love, eh? x

Chicken Casserole Mrs M

ooh lovely cxxx

It took forever to make Mrs M
    One of my many mad ideas.

But you did it!! X

Just checking in to make sure everyone's ok?

Just starting a bit of garden tidying. Why do birds make such a poopy mess of the feeding table. I've got to get it scrubbed plus all the feeders. Every mouthful results in one poop on the table.

waiting on visitors today....as you can imagine, that alone is making me tense

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky

know now what you mean about the garden, mine is looking so untidy at the moment, was going to do a bit of tidying and cutting back in December but then I broke my arm and shoulder so it’s had to be left unfortunately, the grass looks like it’s been cultivated by all the magpies pecking at it, there is so much to be done. Maybe if it snows I Won’t be able to see the mess so won’t fret as much, till the snow melts then it looks even worse. Roll on warmer weather when it’s a pleasure to go out in the garden...Hope your visit goes ok and doesn’t cause to much stress...

Hope everyone else is doing ok...xxx

Page 218 of 693 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast

Thread Information