Page 235 of 693 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 6921

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Thinking of you on this difficult day, Carnation xx

Oh my God Pulisa, you have such a great memory for dates. Thank you for your thoughts. x
    They say time heals, but I think memories just get more rooted to make life more bearable.
    I think of my mum everyday and I try to remember the encouraging words she said to me and make her proud.
    I was lucky to have such tremendous support on here while going through probably the most toughest time of my life and its very dear for you to remember Pulisa. xx

I appreciate that these days are very hard and as you say, time doesn't heal but you just learn to cope for most of the time.

I hope your memories have helped you through the day xx

Thank you Pulisa x. I like to get flowers as mum so loved her flowers, but I went overboard and bought a load of plants as well. I also thought she might be proud if I went out and faced my fears, which I did and actually felt better for doing so. My memories are everyday and as time passes, it does get easier to process. x

I hope you enjoy your flowers and plants..At least no one is panic buying them and they are a welcome antidote to coronavirus coverage!

It'll soon be 30 years since my Mum died..it seems like an age but memories never leave you xx

Your mum was young when she passed Pulisa, that must have been hard for you. xx

Yes, the garden will be my haven and working ground if we are put in shutdown. I'm happy as a pig in sh*t when with nature. Although it's a late start this year, I always find something to do. Could do with some sunny days to just sit and enjoy.

Do or don't I talk about the Coronavirus?
    There's already several threads on here on the subject and I don't really want my thread turning into another.
    To be honest, I've stopped reading them because they just fill me with more anx.
    But generally I'm handling it quite well.
    I don't watch the news or have the radio on anymore.
    I avoid any pop-ups on my phone that I don't want to read and I keep to my daily routine.
    I haven't stock piled provisions and I don't have visitors.
    It doesn't mean I am not concerned, because who wouldn't be? But you have to carry on with your day with or without a threat.
    So many anxiety symptoms can fit another illness anyway, which is probably the cause for health anxiety.
    If I can walk, talk, get through my daily tasks and have a good night's sleep, then I've done well in my book.
    Anything else is a bonus.

So, off that subject now and a catch up on my progress.
    I've been going out everyday, in and out of shops, making small chat and not holding my head rigid or looking at the floor as we so do when we are anxious or nervous.
    I've been going for walks in the evening when weather permits and for some of the time, on my own.
    That part is something that just happened, it wasn't planned and I'm obviously chuffed about it.
    I'm keeping busy, my day is full and I'm getting a good quota of sleep, 7-8 hours.
    I still have the loo visit, but I've been like that for decades.
    All in all, I'm not doing too bad considering. x

Really glad you're getting out and about, Carnation; it can feel like such a huge step, can't it?
    I was at a conference for part of this week - the first day I couldn't bring myself to talk to anybody but on the second day I nerved myself and chatted to some of the vendors. Felt very proud about that.

What's your sleep secret, though? I'd love more than 6 hours in a night.

Blue, I used to average 6 hours and not so long ago.
    I'm going to bed earlier to not sleep, but become comfortable and sleepy, about an hour. I might listen to calming music, read or spend time with my cat. He's normally somewhere on the bed, lol.
    I do my affirmations before sleeping...
    I give thanks to my good health, my life, what I have and what I have achieved that day/week/month /year.
    As soon as I do that, I drop off.
    The extra hour or two makes a huge difference.
    The main thing is winding down Blue, any worries, write on a piece of paper, any jobs, do the same and then remind yourself how lucky you are! x

I'll definitely give that a go!
    Unfortunately, one of my cats likes to use me as a trampoline, preferably at 3am.

Lol, I know that feeling

Page 235 of 693 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast

Thread Information