Page 238 of 691 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 6902

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Awww glad you feel a lot better Carnation and tomorrow will be better still xxxx

Here we are in Lock down.
    Actually, a weight has been lifted for me personally.
    I knew it was coming and the anxiety was latching on to that. Now it's here, we can deal with it, accept it and look forward to a better future.
    For a lot of people on this forum, it doesn't change your life too much. For agoraphobics, disabilities, social anxiety, high anxiety sufferers.
    But the rest of the world are experiencing this for the first time in their lives and in a way it actually makes me feel stronger. And already prepared for such an event.
    Most people with anxiety tend to think ahead and the worst scenario situation. We also learn to live quite basically and no doubt the majority of the population will find this hard as a new experience.
    So where we can, we need to help those people by ways of your local forum, telephone, text to help them cope.
    Someone who suffers with agoraphobia said to me that it worried them if they couldn't go out after being in a lock down for a long period of time and I reassured them that the ability to go out again will be there because you've tackled that situation before.
    But there's no doubt that the statistics on agoraphobia will climb after this lock down with people that have never experienced this before, because the fear will be there with social anxiety.
    So it's so important to work as a community and help those people. Obviously not by physical contact in this present state, but if you go for your daily exercise or see a neighbour from afar, maybe in their garden, say hello or something nice or helpful.
    Keep safe x

That's strange, I wrote a long post for this thread yesterday and it seemed to post successfully, but now that I'm here catching up, I don't see it. I don't remember what I said, and unfortunately today don't have the time for a long update, but basically I'm alive and well. I'm up and down as far as the anxiety over the Corona virus.... some hours I am really scared and phobic, other times I accept that it will happen the way it's supposed to and that the only thing I can control is my exposure to it and my own personal health. I'm religiously taking a multi-vitamin now and practicing good hygiene, but since I'm still going to the animal shelter 4-5 days a week, there's a chance I could get exposed.

This quarantine is actually a silver lining to most of us - it gives us the perfect excuse to turn down social invitations and outings without having to make up a valid excuse . . . we now have one!

Be safe everyone.... this too shall pass.
    Sue

Carnation it sounds like you’re doing really well given the current circumstances. I’m happy for you We’re also in lockdown over here across the pond, unfortunately I still have to go to work each day so trying not to focus so much on the virus but working on what I can control, like Sue says. I also totally agree that if there’s any silver lining to be had at all, I no longer need an excuse to avoid the pubs and crowds after work. I can go straight home and get in my comfy clothes lol.

I hope you’re all managing as best as you can and thinking of you all over here!

Hi Sue

Great to hear from you on here, even though it took a worrying pm from me
    Now I need Darksky to let me know she is ok?
    I always worry if I don't see any activity for weeks, but try to reassure myself that person may be doing ok.

Sue, did you manage your trips beforehand?
    I think there were two trips if I remember rightly.
    Yes, of course, animals will not be aware of the situation, or are they? My cat definitely acting a bit stranger than normal. Or maybe they can pick up vibes.

Glassgirlw, lovely to hear from you.
    I suppose I'm coping with it as well as you can.
    There's something about everyone being in your boat for once.
    And I do worry about people's mental state and when this is over, will they be another number added to the list of mental conditions.
    Strange, there's now free therapy by ways of telephone or facetime and even just a chat if you are lonely from the many wonderful volunteers that have come forward.
    And the 8pm clapping was just amazing. It was very emotional and I welled up in the moment.

Glassgirlw, a big thank you to you as you are a keyworker I know it takes guts to even venture in a shop at the moment, but for those working on the front line, well, I am so grateful as many others are. xx

Just heard our Prime Minister has tested positive, so it's really important that we keep to the rules that have been set.

As for me and Mr C, are lives are not that much different but for the chaos going on in the outside world. We've given our number to half a dozen neighbours if they need anything and wave to people on our daily walk which we seem to have to ourselves most days.
    Keep safe everyone xx
    Last edited by Carnation; 27-03-20 at 11:55.

I’m super grateful to the healthcare workers, fire and ems and police. But I do think a lot of places are still open here that shouldn’t be as I don’t see how they’re termed essential. My job in particular is in the manufacturing industry. We manufacture glass for use in tabletops, windows, doors, etc. Now if we were building temporary hospitals or something of use in this health emergency I would get it. But for just the everyday retail type work I just don’t see that it’s an emergency. I think we’ve left too broad of a definition here for “essential” and I’m worried not enough people are staying home to make a difference. This is our first week on lockdown so we’ll see what the results are after a week or two.

You ladies (and gents if there’s any reading) have a blessed day!

Glassgirlw, I agree and some businesses are using an aisle of food in their shops as an example even though it might just be jellybeans and fudge.
    I could give many more examples, but we know what's right and what isn't and the Companies and individuals that have bent the rules will surely be remembered forever! x

I saw a window cleaner at work today and also plenty of builders working on extensions...A car wash firm was also open yesterday but was shut today.

Yes I definitely agree that the term "essential/key worker needs to be redefined.

Poor Boris...He must be absolutely knackered anyway as must Matt Hancock.

Greetings to all from sunny Surrey! xx

Pulisa
    I would imagine that Boris's immune system was low with long hours of meetings and little sleep and the obvious masses of people collating in rooms.
    I'm sure whether you love or loathe him, we all want him to recover quickly and deal with probably the most difficult task the country has had to deal with in a very long time.

Sunny here too and I only said to Mr C a couple of days ago that the sky looks so much better. The ozone layer is already repairing too.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone...

I'm avoiding the news and trying to get through the hours somehow..I don't like this at all and feel terribly anxious all day long but that's maybe because of other problems with my family which will have to be managed.

How has everyone else got through the day? xx

Page 238 of 691 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast

Thread Information