Page 257 of 685 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 6847

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Mrs S - best of luck tomorrow for your husband’s op. Will be thinking good thoughts for you both!!

Mrs P - same for you with your hospital visit. One of the large hospitals in my area has been doing daily press conferences since Covid started, giving updates about hospital capacities and answering questions from the public. It really does sound like a hospital is one of the safest places right now with all the new protocols they are following for infection control and management. Although I do understand the anxieties over going at all during these times. Will send positive thoughts your way as well!

Mrs C - I hope today was a little better for you! We just have to take it one day at a time right now and do our best to be kind to ourselves. Today I’ve had a slight runny nose and the occasional chest tickle, so my mind is trying to steer me into Covid territory. More likely to be allergy related as our dust and dander levels are in the “extreme” category today, whatever that means. Just trying to keep a handle on my mind that likes to blow everything out of proportion!!

Heres hoping tomorrow is a better day for us all!

Amanda

That's very kind of you glassgirlw I'm going to keep busy today try and take my mind off it hope you lovely ladies have a good day take care xx

best wishes xx

Thank you, Amanda...That's a lovely post and of course you are right about hospitals being the safest place and how important it is to keep things in perspective and not to be lured into spiral mode! I'm trying to practise what I preach and will be fine tomorrow. I am fortunate in having more than enough to keep my mind occupied at home xx

Mrs S and Carnation...At least it's cooler today. Still 28 degrees forecast here for Surrey but at least not in the mid 30s. Please let us know how your husband is doing, Mrs S? At least the day is here now so no more waiting..The only way is up..as the song goes! xx

Thank you Pulisa your right l am anxious but trying not let him see it, l will let you know later and yes its much cooler today 🤗 xx have a good day xx

Mrs S, just remember you would be anxious even without anxiety, it's a normal emotion in the circumstances.
    What we fear is the fear itself and how it reacts with our mind.
    Keeping the mind is the best thing to do when feeling highly anxious and that 'carrying on' mode.
    Writing a list is sometimes helpful for stuff you can do while waiting, then crossing them with a satisfactory smile. x

Pulisa, I agree with glassgirlw, hospitals will be the cleanest, safest and most organised than they have ever been. They also won't keep you hanging around.
    It will all be over quickly and efficiently! x

Glassgirlw, lovely to hear from you as always and always with kind, soothing words.
    That's the thing these days.. Any symptom and the Covid pops into our brain. The Media have done a super job of not letting us forget about it for one minute.
    Keep the logical thoughts before all this came to the head as they do in Mindfulness x

Yes, Pulisa, much cooler today. Yesterday seemed the hottest in my area, coupled with 97% humidity. I couldn't even manage cooking a meal last night and plumped for beans on toast which we both thoroughly enjoyed with little effort in the kitchen.

I had to make a phone call today. I noticed I say things backwards when I get nervous.
    E.g. Par Cark, instep of Car Park.
    It always brings a laugh, but I'm deeply embarrassed about it.

Hi Carnation Pulisa and glassgirlw xx

l really do appreciated all your support and understanding your absolutely lovely ladies 🤗

Mr S is all done and stitched up thank God its been hard had one panic managed to calm down and think rationally,

Carnation if that was me on the phone today l wouldn't of been able string two words together its good to laugh at ourselves sometimes, hope you have all been well 🤗🤗

best wishes ladies xx

Wow, so nice to be finally back, but so sorry that many of you are going through a bad spell. :(

My computer died so I had to shop around for a new one and then go through the awful process of transferring everything over from the old to the new. I don't know why some people get excited by new electronic toys - I wish my old ones would live forever! I hate getting used to new settings, new buttons, new formats, trying to find and transfer all the files, photos, etc. And then you have to re-enter all your info and passwords and other personal info into all the sites you visit because they didn't carry over from the old computer, etc. Gggggrrrrrrr. But luckily I was able to find this site again, and it successfully let me log in, so I'm back with "my people".

Speaking of hospitals, I spent 8 hours in one last week, as support to a friend. Me and my husband were scheduled to go to her home and bring her our generator as she had lost power but we didn't (we had a terrible storm here and lots of damage and homes with no power, meaning suffering in the heat wave, losing their food in their refrigerator, etc.) When we got to her home her dogs were barking madly from inside the house but my friend was not answering the door. I finally went to a window and saw her lying on the floor. The water from her refrigerator was leaking out on the floor, she slipped, hit her head and landed very hard on the floor. Fortunately the front door was unlocked and her dogs didn't attack me. She was conscious but in SO MUCH PAIN. We couldn't move her, so we called for an ambulance. They couldn't get her on a stretcher due to something wrong with her leg and hip, so they called the fire department who came with more equipment for getting her down the stairs and into the ambulance. I tended to her animals, locked up the house, and followed the ambulance to the hospital. 8 hours later, she had dislocated her hip, and they had to knock her out to try and pop it back into place. We finally were able to take her back home at 2:00 a.m. and then proceeded to set up the generator for her. Anyway, a very long and stressful day, but I have to say I really felt no fear being in the hospital. Everyone was very nice and taking lots of proper precautions, (except for some whack job patient in the room next door who was very aggressive and violent and swearing and yelling and threatening everyone. They had a babysitter posted outside his door and when she couldn't handle him anymore, they called for four security guards to keep him from hurting others. It was entertaining, but scary.

ANYWAY, other than that we have been cleaning up the yard from storm damage, (will need to have an insurance adjuster come see all the damage to our fencing since trees fell on it in several places), I've been still going to the animal shelter, and socializing a little with a friend or two. And yes, still spending lots of time in my seahorse tanks and caring for my nephew's gecko, in additon to my two wonderful dogs.

Regarding the noises in the ears, it must be a thing this year! I have often heard some ringing and felt blockage in my ears, but the past few months has been especially bad with new noises and louder ones. I have been chalking it up to allergies. My nose doesn't run - instead everything gets blocked up in my head and ears and doesn't move. My teeth hurt, my face hurts, and my ears go crazy. I find taking a Claritin-D every day helps, but I try to skip taking those on the days I'm not going anywhere because I don't want to take drugs that might make me hyper or anxious.

Oh, and here's a new one for me: I woke up two weeks ago and as soon as I opened my eyes, the bedroom was spinning. Literally I saw my door and my closet and my walls SPINNING around me.... I have never had that sensation in my life and hope to never have it again! If I closed my eyes it would stop but as soon as I opened them, everything was rotating rapidly! Lying very still and not moving my head at all was the only thing that calmed it down, so when I could finally get up and get to my phone, I called my doctor. She said it sounded like BPPV (an inner ear thing) and called me in a prescription to help with the dizziness and the nausea it caused. Luckily it was gone by the next day, but get this: she thinks it was caused by the visit to the hair salon the day earlier. Apparently having your head tilted back in a sink for a long while can cause some calcium or mineral deposits that we have in our ears to lodge in the wrong place? Good grief!

This is an awful time for the world, between the extreme weather conditions, the virus, the rioting and violence, and no sense of normalcy. Even "normal" people are anxious, so of course those of us with anxiety disorders are suffering greatly. But Mrs. C..... it's time for my occasional reminder that perhaps this is the time to allow yourself to accept the help of a tranquilizer. You are going through a horrible spell and I don't think your mind and body can relax enough to heal..... it needs help. I know you are against it, but I am a big advocate of being kind to yourself and taking the help if it's offered, so this is just my reminder that you do have that option open to you. What's the worst that could happen? It will make you drowsy and you'll get some quality sleep? Just saying . . . .

Here's hoping everyone finds some relief from whatever is bothering them the most these days. Unfortunately, it's probably not just one thing.... I've never seen our planet in such bad shape in so many ways. :(
    Sue

Mrs S, it's been and gone now, all over. You survived it and no doubt you managed to control your panic. Best thing is to remind ourselves it is a feeling that will pass and their are Apps to tell you exactly that! It is very difficult to think straight when feeling panicky. I know that too well myself. x

Oh my Sue

A lot has certainly happened to you.
    Is this your new retirement?
    Obviously not what you envisaged when deciding on a more relaxed and enjoyable life.

As for your dizzy morning and scary one at that.
    What your Dr said may be quite true.
    You have a lot of hair, I remember you telling me. This would obviously take longer too wash and if you have blocked sinuses as I do, it could well have had that affect. You may have been tilting your head more back than normal. Collectively, it might have resulted in your dizzy spell.
    It's not too different to what happened to me over two years now. When I fell asleep from exhaustion from tending to a number of issues with caring for my Partner's mum, coupled with an extremely late night and little food. Anyway, according to Mr C, my head was positioned the same as if you were having your hair washed at the hairdressers. And when I woke I could barely focus without everything spinning which scared the hell out of me. It took a while to get normal status back, but it left me with a trigger and because of that, now sleep with pillows propped.
    Sue I too have the stuffiness and nostril breathing exercises help. x

Page 257 of 685 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast

Thread Information