Page 263 of 693 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6924

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Hi all, just popping in to say "Hello".

I'm so thrilled that the test results found no cancer and that brother is going to see a doctor about his lump. It's so much easier to not get things checked out and hope it will just go away, and I was raised by a mother who always said "don't go to doctors - that's just looking for trouble!"

Speaking of which, I'm due for a colonoscopy... routine, to see if perhaps my colitis is in remission. Since I'm not having issues and since covid is still a real concern, I'm stalling. The virus is my excuse for right now but I won't be able to use that forever. I'm also due for a dental cleaning but again, I'm using the virus as an excuse. I guess I found the silver lining to this pandemic: convenient excuse when we need it!

I agree with everyone that keeping busy and having some commitments/responsibilities is key to improving the anxiety. If nothing else, when you MUST do something or care for something else, it's a temporary distraction from the way you're feeling. I'm still working 3-5 days a week, and caring for my seahorses, and now the 3 very sick kittens that I brought home to foster and try to save. Am I tired? Yes, but I've never felt better - go figure! No time to sit and obsess over the dizzy waves and the eyes not focusing. When I feel off balance or get that jolt of feeling like I'm going to fall, I tell myself that I will try to finish what I'm doing and then go sit or lie down. And then it's gone and I forget about it so I keep going. I know that's not possible for everyone, but I'm here to say that I've gone from being pretty much housebound and a constant, anxiety-ridden wreck to someone who is leading a fairly productive and happy life.

Don't ever give up hope - keep doing things that make it better and STOP doing things that bring it on or trigger you. We don't need to test ourselves to see how the anxiety is, it's very good at making itself known when it wants to. Give your minds a rest in any way you can and stop probing the beast. When you feel ready to take on a challenge, you'll know it, so don't push yourselves before you're ready.

I have no idea where that all came from - my fingers just kept typing without me even thinking. Maybe it's my Higher Power or Universe typing to you all!
    Sue

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Sue. Boredom and too much time on your hands is a real anxiety trigger. Doing something productive and enjoyable-whatever that may be-is such a bonus and so good for us. The key is finding it and sticking with it through the good and not so good times which we all have.

Thank you dustingMyselfoff you are all right about my brother getting checked is best I'm not trying to worry about it as l don't know anything but l appreciate your kind words hope you're well

Carnation hope you manage to get in that kitchen and get baking again its good therapy, plus who doesn't like cakes 🤗 hope you're well plenty off rest xx

Pulisa hope your doing well been thinking of you xx

I think there may be something in staying active and keeping your life full.
    Sue, I remember when you first retired and the difficulty you had with sitting relaxing with your morning cuppa.
    I too came to the conclusion that the days I choose to relax actually make me worse!
    Maybe some people are born to be constantly active.
    Going back to the time when I was moving house, I actually felt better in myself.
    Except for the awful 4+ hour drive home in a thunderstorm. But I even managed to brush that off once home as I was focused on the task.
    I'm like that with gardening. Although I was unfortunate to get 3 mosquito bites yesterday and found after researching that cold teabags are a great pain reliever.

I've got to admit, I am distracted by any symptom.
    Then if something else happens like my earache that appeared yesterday and the insect bites, I can feel the anxiety rising. Many years ago I would have brushed these aside, but because I am trying to save myself from any danger, I'm like, "Oh no, what's that? Am I in danger, I must do something!"
    I've been through much worse in the past and just got on with life and I just can't seem to find the mindset to do that anymore. I'm almost preparing myself for the next thing in waiting.
    This is something I need to overcome and I do get the occasional day where I think, "oh sod it, do your worst". I need more of that attitude!

Sue, the virus has been a great excuse for getting out of situations, although we'd rather not have that hanging over our heads. And it's brought anxiety to the forefront for so many people that now, people actually understand how it feels to be anxious. Let's face it, if you mentioned anxiety before all this happened, you'd get a blank, awkward silence or change of subject.
    More things have been set up for anxiety and depression with the NHS and individuals that want to help.

Mrs S, I'd love to get back in to baking again. There's nothing like homemade cake and I know how Mr C will help with disposing of it. Maybe I'll give it a try.

I'm so thankful to have met such lovely people on here that are not only nice people but intelligent too.
    Why is it the nice people seem to suffer the most? I've always wondered that.

Sue, Pulisa, Mrs S and glassgirlw, I wish you a good day x
    Readers too. You may be anonymous, but you are not forgotten xx

I think you should make a cake and enjoy creating it, Carnation...The therapists call it Baking Therapy now! Pick an afternoon when you feel you would like to create something which will be appreciated and which will occupy you positively. I remember my mother making loads of cakes and the shame of resorting to "shop bought" second rate efforts!! I'm a hopeless cook but used to enjoy making cakes for other people. My daughter likes to make flapjacks and brownies-she's got her favourite recipes and they always turn out really well xx

I'm whole heartedly going to give it a go Pulisa.
    I agree, shop bought cakes are so second-rate.
    I use to do so much baking yonks ago. I had muffins coming out of my ears, lol.
    It's great your daughter enjoys baking and probably eating them too! x

Hello everyone well l have managed two days back at work, had a few wobbles but overall it's been fine, well l am off today and l feel worse sat overthinking telling myself I'm not well 🙄 so l have given myself a good talking to and l am not going to let it win dam anxiety, so I'm keeping myself busy, l think l will even try and venture out fingers crossed xx

have a lovely day everyone hope you are all well take care xx

looking forward to hearing about all our achievements no matter how big or small xx

Massive praise for getting through 2 days at work Mrs S those wobbles are in the past now, it happened and you survived them! Enjoy your day x

Massive praise from me too!! I'm sure it was far from easy but you did it and are fine!! You'll be tired but that is understandable-it's a huge achievement! xx

Thank you Carnation and Pulisa you are lovely ladies I'm sure it can only get easier but gosh l do feel warn out forgot how hard work is xx 🤗

Page 263 of 693 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast

Thread Information