Page 268 of 685 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

It's been almost a week since I've posted an update.
    Some of that time has been riding the depression wave.
    I had a few upsets that may have contributed to that but we all know how anxiety can bring on depression.
    Just wish I wasn't so sensitive all the time.
    Despite that I've still managed to face the world and its fears. I even managed going in to the corner shop on my own yesterday. That's a major hurdle for me.
    But to be truthful, I've spent a lot of time resting, even dozing off at times.
    My garden is my sanctuary, but unfortunately the wonders of nature are still around and something stung my bum a couple of days ago when clearing some undergrowth. I know, it's their home, I'm at fault and paid the price for it!

And now with the rules of life changing like the direction of the wind, it's hard to deal with anxiety and depression and keep our daily routines that we've mastered over a long period time so that we can cope!
    Life doesn't stop and we become our own little warriors.
    Anxiety sufferers always worry about the future and this situation now is surely evidence that we cannot predict the future. So, do your best in the present, take moments of pleasure and congratulate yourself for getting through the day. xx

Another update...

I'd be lying if it said the current situation wasn't getting to me. Although I only watch the news for the weather and Boris and crew announcements about what we can or can't do. Stuff still pops up on my mobile and some threads on the forum turn in to what seem aggressive chat and even triggering more anxiety.
    I know we can't live our lives with fluffy kittens and 99' cornet ice-creams while singing a happy tune. But at the same time, we do need some of that to alleviate the stress and worry of what's happening in the world.
    We desperately need some normality and for OCD sufferers who live their lives by routine and familiarity are no doubt struggling to get a grip of their lives.
    The same with anxiety sufferers and depression. You manage to overcome one hurdle, then along comes another one. Change, is a big deal with any mental condition. Even if you shut yourself off from the woes of the world it is still their lurking with it's uncertainty and fear. So, we learn to adapt to new regimes, up our meditation and meds for those who take them. And somehow we manage to get through another day.
    We constantly need reminding that we will be ok and look for others that feel the way we do.
    It can be so lonely when suffering and just hearing words that you feel and understand, brings great comfort.
    So this is why I have made a chart that hangs by my bedside of words of encouragement, tips and reminders of stuff that will help me throughout the day.
    I've copied and cutout from magazines anything that will help me to stay focused and give me the strength that I need.
    Such as, reminding me to Breathe, Facing the Fear, Avoiding Avoidance, being a Warrior instead of a Worrier to getting out of bed, staying focused. Tips to calm myself when I feel I'm at tipping point. Did you know your hands and feet hold a wealth of calm by just massaging and touching. Look it up on the Internet instead of how scary the world has become.
    I've made a chart of the chakras, which to be honest I haven't tried yet.
    Tips for a good night's sleep. Gentle yoga positions to remind me to do it.
    Yes, it's a mighty chart and took a few days to complete.
    I basically stuck a load of A4 pages together and stuck a few pictures from magazines to breakup the wording. A tree, praying hands, a yoga position, a picture of the sea. Basically anything that makes you smile or gives you encouragement.
    I'm really pleased with it and I have to say that it does help, because as soon as I look at it my brain has taken in the stuff I want to hear and not doom and gloom.
    And those days you are weighed down with a black cloud, it's go to chart day. Even if you don't do any of it, you are reading and looking at things that are good for your wellbeing. x

Good for you, Carnation..Anything that helps and I expect creating the chart was a therapeutic experience?

I'm enjoying some "luxury" soaps with lovely fragrances. Makes all the hand washing a bit less abrasive! Am also going to choose some organic shampoo and body lotion from a firm in Wiltshire after trying of their samples when we stayed overnight at a hotel in Dorset recently.

We all have different things which help us get through difficult times-it's all about trying to find some normality again in all the uncertainty, isn't it? xx

Thank you Pulisa

It is all about finding different things and ways to make our lives as easy as they can be and dare I say enjoyable?

Love the idea of the scented soaps. And if you are anything like me, I always seem to be washing my hands.
    Why not make the rigmarole pleasant with the added plus of nice scent. All soap is antibacterial.

I wondered if you managed to get away with your daughter Pulisa. Dorset is such a lovely place and not too far to travel. I hope your daughter benefited from a break from the normal chaos and you got a break too. xx

Hello everyone hope you're well.

Your right Carnation its about keeping ourselves busy but not overdoing it, l hope your relaxing too, l agree with Pulisa luxury soaps creams and some relaxing candles lying in a hot soapy bath heaven.

l have been busy in work,we are in lockdown again where l live so they have closed the home to visitor l know it's for the best but so very sad not seeing their loved ones like you said Carnation we have to keep adjusting to things, l try and take each day as it comes now,
    anyway speak soon take care lovely ladies xx

I've been thinking about you Mrs S

I do feel for people in care homes, they've had the raw end of this pandemic situation.
    You are doing a grand job Mrs S, remember to tell yourself that. xx

Was starting to stop feeling anxious over the weekend, but felt a small bit off yesterday. Didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, and now I’m really anxious again. Just feels like I’m getting no break from it.

I’ve started the sleepstation programme and it does sleep restriction. This is terrifying me, as I think if I get less sleep I’ll struggle even more.

Ronantian,

I had to look up the sleepstation programme because I've never heard of it. I hope it is successful for you.

There's no doubt that poor quality or lack of sleep will ramp up the anxiety.
    The best thing to do is not fret about the sleep. If you have a rough night, then have an easier day. ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I've been thinking about you Mrs S

I do feel for people in care homes, they've had the raw end of this pandemic situation.
    You are doing a grand job Mrs S, remember to tell yourself that. xx
    Thank you Carnation you are truly a lovely person xx

l think the nursing homes have been at the bottom of the list, my heart breaks for them they are so vulnerable, we just do our best to keep them happy and healthy xx

Hello ladies (and gents?) - hadn’t written in awhile so thought I’d pop in from the other side of the pond...really not much new to report over here. Still going to work every day...coming home, staying home, going to bed, get up and go to work, lol. I have always enjoyed being in my home, and being in my own “safe space”. I didn’t think it would much bother me to not get out and do things during this whole pandemic. But for some reason, it’s all just exhausting me. I just have no motivation to work on things that I used to love doing, like my sewing and crafting. I just get home from work, shower, and lay down to watch tv. Pretty boring I suppose. Someday it will change but for now I guess I just go with it?

fortunate to have remained healthy even with working (knock on wood, don’t want to jinx myself here). Every other day I think I have a “symptom” but then it passes so I suppose no need to worry. Anxiety levels actually aren’t very high which is a positive to report! Just tired - tired of the pandemic, tired of all the dumb politics happening over here right now - tired in general.

and after that really depressing post, I’ll sign off - and wish you all a wonderful evening (or day, depending where you’re at)! Take care of yourselves!

amanda

Page 268 of 685 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast

Thread Information