Page 282 of 691 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 6901

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Kalie, try some guided meditation, it will help you.
    Lots on the Internet. x

This is NOT the permanent you - this is the transition phase of better days to come. You mentioned you were either just starting out on meds or changing meds? There are always setbacks with medication adjustments. My first eight weeks on Prozac were probably the worst weeks of my life, but my doc urged me to hang in there and that it would get worse before it got better, and he was right.

Your heart is healthy - that has been verified. It's not going to quit on you. I remember when I had health anxiety about my heart - I constantly had my fingers on my neck checking my pulse.... it was embarrassing, which made the anxiety worse. Been there - done that. It WILL get better - this is not your forever.
    Sue

Thank you so much sue I really needed to hear that I gave in last night as was so bad and took a 2mg dizapam I woke up at 2 and have stayed awake since I seem to be calm atm I just don't understand what all the thinking I'm going to die and stop breathing is coming from it makes me feel like surely this can't be anxiety like I have a feeling like I'm about to hold by breathe but I'm not Ive not had that feeling before yea it's been 19 days on venlafaxine and 6 days on the increased dose of 112.5mg changed from citlapram straight away and that is totally me always got my fingers to my neck checking my pulse is like I think how can a feeling wipe you out and make you feel like you are literally physically ill I really appreciate the time you took to reply to me I needed that reassurance so much

Kalie, that's the crux of it. You need reassurance in bucket loads, but reassurance is shortlived, especially with health anxiety. It's never enough, it's needed constant for every twinge, feeling, symptom until you become a victim of health anxiety. Anxiety loves that and you really need to divulge yourself in distraction and just let your body do its own thing which is looking after you!

Thank you carnation I've been up since 2 but I've been relaxed had thoughts go in my head but then gone in a second like I wasnt bothered by then I don't want to speak to soon but I woke with a smile I may be tired later but I'm beginning to get in my head these I just thoughts I'm hoping I'm getting there and the tablets are having some sort of effect thank you for getting back to me

So it's been about a week since I posted and during that time I've gone from being in Tier 4 to Lock-down again.
    It's not personal, we are all in the same boat, obviously except for those wonderful key-workers that keep the country going. A big thank you to them.

And as we are in the core of the winter with January probably being the most depressing and boring month of the year, it's no surprise that it is more of a struggle than usual. Even New Year's Eve passed us by like any other normal evening, but we all shouted out the hope for 2021.
    That seemed shortlived after Boris & Co made their announcements. But let's be honest, it was inevitable that this was on the cards. But somehow we are still surprised. Maybe it's a fact that no one likes to a feel imprisoned, even in their home. Choices taken away, freedom! But most of us do it to be law abiding, help the situation and others to a great extent, fearful of the situation.
    This is when we have to be mindful as much as possible. To protect all the hard work and progress we've made towards coping and healing our mental health issues.
    Time passes and so will this situation, but in the meantime we have to pull out all guns to keep our brains active and calm.
    Whether it is reading that stack of books you haven't read over the last decade, working your way through your dvd stash that you've had since you were 12 years old, moving your furniture around to give your home a new look, having a blitz, especially those places like the garage and shed.
    Start prepping for the future, look towards the Spring.
    It's so important to keep moving in the winter, even its just to clear or tidy a cupboard.
    We've survived the last year, we can do it again this year.
    And for people with mental conditions we sort of the advantage with coping and getting on with stuff.

Just popping for a minute. I spent a good bit of time fighting tears last night and then finally letting them flow, but they continue this morning. Frustration/anger in dealing with certain members of the Board of Directors. Won't go into details, there are a few females who are very difficult to deal with and they stir up a lot of drama. I don't do drama - I am there to make things happen and get things done. So I've been in communication with the President for a few hours and told him I was going to take a few days to determine if I was going to continue dealing with this or if they should start looking for someone else to do this job.

The good news is the anger and frustration has left no room for anxiety. I'm sure that will rear it's head at some point but right now there's no room. Be well and keep up the fight, ladies.
    Sue

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time.
    I think you could go one better than that. A few days is not enough when you get to the point you are in. A break of a week or two, to clear your head, find calm and decide what you are going to do.
    I know how much you love what you do and unfortunately it is always the people that ruin it for you.
    Been there, experienced that. It's not nice and turns you into a emotional wreck.
    Now, you can't demote yourself, it wouldn't work now you have climbed the ladder and I have no doubts that this would have happened anyway as your time grew at this place. The president should not have left this to get to this stage and I wonder if it is the place for you after all.
    I threw in the towel at a place of work once when my assistant manager was hell to work with and I haven't looked back.
    Your love for the animals will never change and to be quite honest I don't like the way this job has affected you.
    This needs some thorough thought, but if you decide to leave you have not failed but saved your soul.
    Here for you if you need me. xx

Hello all! Happy new year. Here’s hoping this one is better than the last.

Mrs C it sounds like you’re coping as well as can be expected with this current lockdown. Have to admit, I’m jealous that you have a government willing to do this when necessary. You’re right, it’s extremely difficult for mental health - but it may save countless lives and spare your NHS.

Sue - like Mrs C, I’ve been in that boat of crappy co-workers or micromanaging upper management (this last one is my current struggle - our owner is absent, as in living several thousand miles away for most of the year - and he’s growing increasingly difficult to deal with). It’s incredibly frustrating and so hard on our mental health. The constant stress, worry, mentally “taking work home” with us, it’s awful. The work you do is definitely admirable - and I’m fully confident there are other shelters that would be so lucky to have you on staff. And may provide less stress as well. Keep your head high and remember that you are worth so much more than what it sounds like they’re giving you.

Stay safe and healthy ladies!

amanda

Hello glassgirlw

Do you know, that should be the motto for this year.
    "I'm coping as well as can be expected".
    I don't want to get too political about the current situation, but it does get on my nerves a bit about this saving the NHS, when countless operations and treatments have been cancelled or delayed while the few hospitals we have left turn into a Covid dwelling. I think back to the hundreds of hospitals that were closed, pulled down or turned into residential dwellings over the years. And the good staff that left because they felt overused, underpaid or pushed out. And of course our economy is suffering with many people losing jobs and homes. Mental health is suffering on a major scale and if you didn't have a mental issue before, you definitely have one now.
    I'm sure this is the case for many other countries and we stick to the word 'Hope' for the future.

Glassgirlw, I'm sorry you have experienced uncomfortable working conditions too. It is a familiar story from many, so it is important to not take this uncomfortable experience / memory as personal as we so often do.

There's a saying, "too many chiefs and not enough Indians", used quite widely years ago and it sums up that not many people like being told what to do, think they know better and cause havoc and upset in the process.
    Then there's the Chief themselves that unfortunately some think they are godlike in their status and earn little respect for the way they conduct their position.
    I've mostly been in Managerial positions, but on occasions worked as a volunteer too. And I've always had the attitude that working as a team gets the best results.
    You'll always have a bad apple where ever you work, but they need to be removed or disguised by the good apples so not visible. The rotten apple will eventually fade or disappear completely.
    But sometimes you feel like you have no support in your work and the more you try and make it better, it just doesn't seem to work. This has to be a sign that it is time to move on to pastures new. Maybe a sign from the Universe. Why waste your time with something that isn't working? And making you unhappy! Possibly rundown.
    Listen to the vibes, make your decision and stick by it.

A Healthy, Mindful New Year is what springs to mind. xx

Page 282 of 691 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast

Thread Information