Page 300 of 685 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 6850

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Fishman, the main thing is you know the reason for what ever you are feeling and whatever goes up, must come down.

Glassgirlw, lovely to hear from you.
    I'm so pleased to hear that it's not just me that gets overheated and exasperated with the bed change scenario. I must do it in stages in the future.
    When you think about it, it's one mighty task to do on your own. Just stripping the bed is exasperating in itself.
    And no matter how I try putting the duvet cover on, there's always one end more bulked out than the other.
    Everything is so heavy and when the cat decides it's an opportunity to play during it all and thinks jumping on and off makes a good game while mummy is sweating and has to strip to her vest and cursing the person who invented the duvet.
    Last edited by Carnation; 23-05-21 at 12:32.

I had a little blip. It happens
    It's a bit like the treadmill stopping and falling off.
    And getting back on takes a bit more courage and time to feel confident again.
    Confidence plays a huge part in our recovering and it's something I've always struggled with. I'm working on that too.
    The thing is with a blip, a setback, a hurdle, whatever you want to call it. It's normally just one incident that can quickly unravel all the progress you've made. It seems like that, but it's not. So I'm going to call it a resting period. Reflection time. A reminder to meditate, relax, find the calm.
    And this why it's so difficult to recover fully and we look over our shoulder so to speak waiting for the next downfall. We could just be too scared to recover fully for fear of an almighty crash and keeping ourselves in the worry mode sort of seems safer because we are prepared!
    Some people in life can just dust themselves down and carry on with their lives no matter what. Mainly because they because they have no fear. Eliminating fear can be very difficult because we are born with a mechanism to fear any danger. That includes our survival.
    Despite any depression, our will to live out rides our anxieties. 'Will' is so strong and we have to remember that when we are feeling scared. Our bodies have amazing recovery if we have the 'Will' to keep going and survive.
    Remember that next time you have a set back. x

I'm still going through my blip :(
    Sometimes you think it's passed and there it is again when you wake up in the morning. With that comes high sensitivity and emotional moments. Fatigue and depression. You find yourself saying, "Just give me a break!" And you find yourself crying at how difficult your life has become and try to remind yourself of how you got through it before, again and again.
    All it can take is one little incident to send you on a downward spiral. And if it wasn't for this forum, you would feel so alone in your suffering. You would think there must be some other explanation for feeling so bad and worry about your health.
    So sharing and comparing is so comforting to our already tired mind. As a group we can fight so much better than on our own.

Carnation It does seem endless sometimes doesn't it. We will have days like this when it all seems too much. The way I get through these times are by taking each day as it comes, one at a time. In fact I've lived the bulk of my life that way. Strangely last year saw many aspects of my anxiety vanish, I can thank Covid for that as the anxiety took on a 'natural' state which was focused outwards at an external threat. Now things are gradually going back to normal, the anxiety has reverted to its default setting.

Hang in there Carnation, you are not alone
    Last edited by fishman65; 30-05-21 at 22:04. Reason: I hadn't finished

Thank you fishman
    We seem to be taking it turns helping each other at the moment. Like I said, it already seems better when others understand how you feel.

I feel bad about not posting more often but there are only so many times you can say I'm going through a blip, especially when you think you've passed it and find yourself back in it again. I'd completely forgotten that recovery of any sort is a a couple of good days here and there and a few rough days of feeling like you were back where you started.
    I also seem to be having very weird visual dreams that leave me feeling exhausted on waking. I'm putting that down to processing my traumas but it would be nice to have a peaceful sleep and not feel so shattered on waking.
    I'm still managing to get out and do things. Until that wave of 'oh god, something terrible is about to happen to me'. It might be my stomach turning over, brain fog, focusing Issues or a bundle of everything and I try my hardest not to react to them. Eventually they pass but each time it feels like 'this is it'. Apps help me, keeping busy, having something to eat and drink and I allow myself a little cry. Then after that is a wave of tiredness and calm.
    Hope all is well with everyone. x

I had a few good days in a row and felt quite optimistic, today and yesterday not so great.

Hang on in there.

Hi Catkins. Sounds a very similar pattern to me.
    Today was a good day after a couple of bad days.
    It's the unknown of how you are going to be from day to day as well. So difficult to plan anything.
    Here's hoping tomorrow will be good for you. x

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post that I've noticed a huge difference in the degree of my anxiety when I have a longer sleep and also when I eat green vegetables, particularly kale.
    Although the recommended quota for sleep is around 7-8 hours, if I'm lucky enough to get 9, I do feel better. Probably because I wake up a between 1-3 times during the night. Although 6 hours good quality continuous can be sufficient.
    As for the green veg. Well it seems to settle my stomach which can be a trigger for anxiety.
    I suffer with reflux too and I find a good quality apple can settle this and I know apple cider vinegar works wonders for a lot of sufferers as well.

Lately, everytime I go to update my thread I get distracted with one thing or another. But isn't that a similar scenario with anxiety? You might be doing something and along comes a thought or symptom distracting you?
    I used to try my hardest to block these thoughts or symptoms but realised I was doing it all wrong. If you try to ignore something it seems to persist, but if you acknowledge the thought or feeling and understand its presence then you are dealing with the feeling. It's like being your own therapist in a way.
    We all know how much courage it takes to face our fears, whether it's going out, meeting people, an appointment, a phone call or even the unknown of the day ahead.
    But the real fear is the thoughts and the way we feel when doing something that may trigger the unknown.
    So we prepare ourselves for anything and everything and we haven't even got out of bed yet. No wonder we have that feeling like we're walking on a boat or bouncy castle.
    So I'm saying next time you have a scary thought or feeling don't think "Oh God, here we go again". It's just a thought or a feeling of anxiety. Don't delve in to the whys and wherefores. Just let it pass and carry on with what you were doing. x
    Last edited by Carnation; 19-06-21 at 11:25.

Page 300 of 685 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast

Thread Information