Page 301 of 685 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 6847

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

That walking on a boat feeling / bouncy castle / feeling of off balance or drunk feeling......

This feeling is so common with anxiety sufferers and can be one of the most debilitating.
    I've found that if you think more about what you are about to do rather than the walk to the destination whether it's a room in the house or a place outside, it sort of helps.
    Because we know what's coming before we even walk anywhere, we are already putting ourselves in to some state of nervousness and fear and it becomes a habit. We need to just do it without thinking about it and became it has become a habit we need to think more about the task in hand instead of the approach to the task.
    How many people feel more at ease when carrying something? That's because we are concentrating on just doing that because walking comes naturally.
    Our negative thoughts have made walking become an issue. There's nothing wrong with our legs or strength or power to move, it's over thinking one of the most natural thing our bodies can do.

The same with eating.
    Another common trait of anxiety and nervousness.
    Our negative thoughts may tell us that we are unable to swallow food. It's just fear!
    Don't get me wrong, fear is very powerful but so is the body and its natural ability to work for us.
    So don't overthink the eating or drinking. Think of something else if you have to or distract with the tv or a book. The body is quite capable of doing this sitting, standing, walking, even blindfolded.

Trust in your body!

Hi all,

I'm doing ok. Not putting any emphasis on being brilliant or bad, better to be ok. After all I don't want to tempt fate.
    I've noticed pulling myself up for sometimes talking negatively or using words that can seem that way. I'm hoping in time that my conscious thoughts will eventually seep into my subconscious.
    I've wasted far too much time cocooning myself into what I thought was safety and all it did was feed my fear.
    It's ok to have a rest or relax but to stay put because you are scared does you no favours at all. You become less scared the more you do until the fear becomes less and less. This can take time because of the habits we have created for ourselves but I guarantee that each time you take a step forward it gets easier and easier until you don't even realise you are doing something that you thought was way beyond your capabilities.
    Last edited by Carnation; 24-06-21 at 15:13.

Hi all,

I've finally found something to ease my acid reflux.
    Which I know was not helping my anxiety issues.
    Cyder Vinegar diluted in water.
    I have it when eating my evening meal and so far it seems to have done the trick. And it allows me to eat those things I normally have to avoid. Although I am careful not to overdo it. So chocolate is back on the menu

Yay for chocolate!!

I've so missed it catkins

The 19th of July is supposed to be our freedom day and we should be relieved at that news. But the fact the freedom Day was previously postponed and now there's talk of restrictions still being in place leads me to believe that it will not be freedom Day at all. So anyone worried about going back to normal, I'll assure you it won't be. For the people that want normality back then I'm afraid the forecast looks much the same as the last 18 months with hints of face masks and social distancing on the cards for possibly years to come.
    Saying all that, we've coped so far and adapted our own personal coping strategies and routines.
    It's best not to worry about the coming months and years and just deal with each day as it comes along.
    If something is out of your control you can't do much about it anyway. But you can look after yourself and keep active and occupied and do the very best you can.
    There are ways of getting around things and still being able to feel like you are living a relatively normal life.
    Anxiety is worldwide now, you don't have to feel exempt from what you might think is a strange life.
    Now is probably the most accommodated to our fears the world has ever been in.
    Try to keep in mind that freedom comes from your heart and spirit and not because someone tells you "you are free". ❤️

So, I'll eat my words as Boris has surprised me by lifting the face mask and social distancing rule as from the 19th July. Although I expect many people will still follow those rules for a significant time as 'fear' has already been fed and a habit has been formed.
    Talking of habits which is so the case with anxiety sufferers. I'm making a point of changing some of my routine and the days I do that I definitely feel less anxious.
    Something else I have been doing is letting those thoughts of the past that I don't really want, be and noticing how I feel when they come. The physical reaction in particular. Its processing stuff I was too fragile to deal with at the time. This has been happening a lot lately. And dreams, oh my so many weird dreams all connected with my past in some way.
    The other thing I have managed to do is find confidence to face some of my avoidance in the last few years.
    I walked around a supermarket twice! I've not been in a supermarket for 3 years and I've just accomplished it.
    Walking outside of the home on my own, another accomplishment. Talking to people without the dread feeling. I've still a way to go but it's definitely in the right direction. So never think you can't do these things and more. Never think it will never happen because you think anxiety prevents you from doing so.
    Keep going, no matter how small and you will break those anxiety habits that you think keep you a prisoner of life.

I read an article recently that said "don't bother chasing people that have little interest in you! For whatever reason someone doesn't speak to you, ask about you or bothers to be part of your life, don't waste time thinking, worrying or trying to befriend these people. You will only be sad and disappointed and worry that you are not interesting enough or think something is wrong with you affecting your confidence and morale. Forget them!
    Your friends are the people who ask how you are, remember to contact you, there for you when you need them. And anyone not like that are not worth being in your life. You don't need people like that. You have all you need within yourself. You are your own best friend.
    It used to bother me that I had no replies on my thread or if I answered on another thread and was ignored as if I didn't exist. It doesn't bother me now. It shows me the value of that person and let's me be comfortable with not pinning for such company. Don't waste your thinking or time and put your energy and love into things that are closer to your heart and soul. ❤️

I like reading your thread. I find it really helpful, I don't always post - but I do read it.

I know what you mean about friends, I have got to the point with a few people over the years where I decided to stop running after them. I was the one that went to see them, I was always the one to contact them - when I stopped making the effort they didn't step up. One actually asked me why they hadn't seen me for so long - I said 'you know where I live', but they never did come round.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    "don't bother chasing people that have little interest in you! For whatever reason someone doesn't speak to you, ask about you or bothers to be part of your life, don't waste time thinking, worrying or trying to befriend these people.
    That's a hard lesson I too had to learn. Sometimes, when I have a bad day, I'm sad I didnt learn it earlier. I would sure save myself a lot of pain and many tears.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 301 of 685 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast

Thread Information