Page 302 of 693 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Iwant2bhealthy, that's why I posted it because I was sure others had been or are in the same situation. And it's not you, its them!

Catkins, I know you read and you seem very caring.
    But those people that can't be bothered to make an effort with you are not even worth a thought. You don't need them.

Thank you.

I love my garden and everything to do with it but what's going on this year? I need Edward Scissorhands to keep it in shape, lol. It's as if everything is doomed to grow giant! I'm certainly kept busy with pruning and mowing the lawn which means I'm more susceptible to getting bitten by nature's insects. Got a trio yesterday and a couple only days before. At least my body is used to dealing with them now. The humidity and damp is perfect for those mossies. It doesn't put me off though because it's my serenity, my distraction, my purpose and eventually my pride.
    It's important to have something that fills your time, distracts you from your anxieties and gives you a feeling of satisfaction.
    Relaxation is only relaxing when the mind is not burdened with worry and unwanted thoughts.
    Being outside can be the distraction you need even if it's just outside your home.
    If agoraphobia is an issue, look at as an extent of your home and make your outside as comfortable as inside with seats and tables and lighting and colour. Make something, create and the Mindfulness will come. x

I've only got a small yard, but I love watching things grow in it. Although we do have a terrible slug problem. You're so right it's a great distraction.

You can still do things to a small yard, pots, lighting, trellis with clematis, jasmine, passion flower. Troughs from the wall / fence with herbs, tomatoes, lettuce or strawberries. A corner where you can sit and chill. xx

I've gone a bit overboard - I have about 35 pots, things hanging from the walls, loads of things. Wish I could show you a picture. I'm just in the maintenance phase at the moment, so not much to do.

Wonderful. Pack it so you lose yourself in a different world

I do love it. About 6 years ago I had an allotment, unfortunately my hours at work increased and we had a flooding problem so I gave it up. Maybe one day I'll get another one.

Well I surprised myself yesterday. I drove the car! Albeit a few streets, but the first time in two years after my relapse. I also went shopping like a normal person which if I'm honest was not that thrilling but just the fact I was able to pop in and out of shops without feeling like I was going to drop dead was an amazing feeling. It was a hot day too. The driving was a massive thing for me as it was driving that initially triggered my anxiety and panic attacks. I was waiting for the aftermath but it didn't come. And if it does come I will fully understand why and accept it.

That's brilliant, well done!

Page 302 of 693 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast

Thread Information