Page 323 of 693 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 6924

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day.

I need more like that catkins. Also feeling the aftermath of using muscles that I haven't used in ages. Hopefully will build up my strength and I'll be good to go.

It will be good to see some daffodils and crocuses sprouting soon. Also a bit of warmth.. I don't mind the darkness but I hate the cold and defrosting the car with Raynauds fingers!

You must feel energised by all your hard work in the garden, Carnation! My target for Spring is to paint some new fence panels..in a bright colour!

Quite the opposite Pulisa. I feel quite done in. Probably over did it on the time I spent but I was actually enjoying it so much and didn't realise I was at it for a solid 3 hours.
    Already spotted some snowdrops. They are so beautiful.
    I don't mind the cold. I was wrapped up so well I could barely bend, lol.
    I think a brightly coloured fence will look great. Painting is good therapy for anxiety too, so it's a win, win!

I actually hate painting walls indoors but think I could concentrate better on a small project outside. I had 4 new panels put in last Summer and was told that I needed to wait a year or so before doing anything to them as they are already treated? I pass a pink garden gate every day in the car and have always looked forward to seeing it! A bit of colour amongst all the dull fence panel browns!

I desperately need a new fridge freezer but my anxiety seems to be an issue with keeping the contents safe and edible while waiting for the switch over. The temperature is a lot warmer now and although I noticed you can have a 4 hour slot opposed to waiting all day, it's still a long time for food to be out of the fridge. I'm quite tempted to throw all away for fear of contamination. It's an upheaval I've been avoiding but as it stands I can't carry on with this fridge that freezes my veg within two days and I haven't been able to use the full capacity of the space because the back freezes my fresh products.
    Of course it makes sense to get this sorted but the thought of waiting, let alone the upheaval is causing me anxiety as well. My food is very much related to me feeling safe and comfortable and I've been putting this off now for months!

I live in fear of my FF breaking down too. I think it's all connected to an unhealthy relationship with food for me and my inability to feel safe without having certain foods available.

I was really lucky last year when my FF broke down and it was actually snowing. An elderly neighbour has her freezer in a garden shed so she took in my frozen stuff and I didn't even have to break lockdown rules and go inside her house!

I ordered my replacement FF via Curry's and paid an extra £30 to get a guaranteed 2 hour delivery slot. Could a neighbour/friend help you out with temporarily storing your frozen foods too, Carnation? It IS going to get colder soon apparently. Maybe a good time to go for the new FF now?

This kind of situation is one I'm not keen on either Carnation. That seems a good idea of Pulisa's though I hate having to rely on people. Sometimes we just have to unfortunately. I turned our chest freezer in the outbuilding off recently and moved the stuff into the FF to cut down on electric.

Can I ask Carnation? Is it knowing you have the food readily available so you aren't forced out repeatedly to buy it?

Thank you both! And to a friend's pm who suggested I get a cool box which I have just ordered.
    I think I'll time it for a colder day, like you said Pulisa. I don't feel I can ask a neighbour to help with the freezer items as I don't know them too well. So I'm going to run down the freezer section. This is annoying for me because I like to keep emergency stuff as a just incase situation. But I'll just have to build it up again.
    The cool box will take care of the fridge items. And I will arrange a shop to come the following morning.
    Fishman, there is the issue of knowing food is there which is comforting. I'm not driving at the moment so I like to know I'm well supplied for.
    Pulisa, I too am going for a slot delivery. I don't think I would cope with a 7am-7pm.
    It's a real pain in the butt and not looking forward to it because I know I'll just be flapping and pacing but it's got to be done.

I hate that 'all day' delivery thing too Carnation. If you're up by 7am, it will get delivered at 6-55pm. If you have a lie-in until 8, it will arrive at 7-05am!!

Page 323 of 693 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast

Thread Information