Page 335 of 693 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 6921

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Go this afternoon, preferably asap, Carnation? If you wait you'll have all the potential to overthink it. You can drive so get yourselves in the car and go? xx

Only just saw your message Pulisa. x
    And of course I didn't go. Not because of fear, but because I remembered Thursday not the best day for parking as its market day. Didn't want the hassle. Not only that Mr C still feeling a bit squiffy. I'll be ready for tomorrow. Just walked the cat who wonders where daddy is. Quite a milestone for me to go out on my own. Done it twice now. Would be nice to have a bit of sun. What dreary weather.

Totally agree about market days. Parking is shocking here when it’s on.

It’s another case of us digging into our inner resources when the need arises. Even when we think we haven’t got any, they surface and carry us through. And going out on your own..twice! When Mr.C is better, see if you can continue what you’re doing now, The boost to your confidence will be huge.

I hope he’s better soon, gout can be nasty. My mother has it in her index finger and I suspect, coming in her toe. Spent a lovely afternoon at the nurses with her, seeing to her legs and plenty of nagging finally got her a referral to a podiatrist.
    Havent even hit the supermarket yet. It’s going to be a late one today.

yes I’m sick of the weather. It’s rained non stop all day, just miserable. I’m longing for those warm spring days when you can sit outside, listening to the birds and just feel at peace.

Ghost…Spillways

Well done Carnation, it must have felt great to have achieved going out twice on your own!

Gout can be so incredibly painful, I don't envy him.

Did you say you walk the cat? Is that on a lead or just beside her? I used to have a cat that would walk places with me, until you told her to go home, she was so sweet.

Darksky, I will do just that. I think it's so easy to get in a rut or live in an easy bubble.
    Yes, you can get gout in any joint. Hands and feet are normally the places. It's very painful.

Catkins, we walk our cat on a lead. He's a big cat, a Siberian Forest and he thinks he's a dog, lol. We started at a young age and it's more common than you think.
    We do get second looks and people stop to chat.

It certainly felt good to achieve going out and strangely felt quite calm. We don't go far, just up and down the surrounding streets and quite a few stops of sniffing. That's the cat, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Catkins, we walk our cat on a lead. He's a big cat, a Siberian Forest and he thinks he's a dog, lol. We started at a young age and it's more common than you think. We do get second looks and people stop to chat.
    Our Pixiebob Socrates was harness trained from a kitten and we take him out on a lead occasionally. He's a big boy too at 17lbs and enjoys the outdoors. And yes, people are curious and amazed at how he is on a lead. Pretty cool if ask me

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My daughter has a cat named Loki - he’s huge, weighs close to 30 lbs - and it’s not fat, just really big bones lol! He’s a rescue so not sure what all types he is. I’ve tried to convince her he’d probably love to go on walks, but he can be a bit cantankerous so she hasn’t tried it lol.

Good luck tomorrow, C - you’ll do wonderfully!

You can also get leads specifically for rabbits! My house rabbit used to enjoy walks (or runs!) in the garden. Haven't attempted it with the guinea pigs though!

Good luck for the driving but don't worry if it's too much to contemplate.

Thanks glassgirlw x

Pulisa, I'd love to see a rabbit going for a walk. As long as there's no cats about.

My cat is a rescue too. He is also very nosy and wants to go in everyone's garden. He's been my rock through difficult times so the least I can do is make the effort and take him out. The lead is for a small dog and he has a little coat if it's very cold with an Elvis collar. I wasn't a fan of coats at first because I believe their coats need to adapt to the different temperatures, but anything under 3c and it goes on. He goes out every day gets very excited when I get the lead out. I love the way he looks behind to see if I'm still with him. Sometimes a bit difficult if he runs up trees, lol, maybe he's testing me.

It's a lovely day here today, the sun was so bright this morning it actually hurt my eyes. I've got a food delivery coming, then we are popping out for other bits and bobs.
    I've got 3 things to contend with. My agoraphobia, the driving and going in a shop on my own while Mr C waits in the car. I'm going to drive to the corner shop first, about half a mile to pick up my apples and magazine which is a good reason. Then I'm going on to the town, hopefully find somewhere to park. On the way back and if I'm still doing well, I'm going to drive back via the coastline so Mr C can feel the sea breeze. I'll stop there for a while, then head back. I'm going after lunch, it will be less busy and I'll have a full and settled tummy. Not nervous at the moment, quite looking forward to it. Did I really say that? Lol.

Yes you did and why not?! It sounds like a good plan, especially catching some sea breeze on your way back.

It's dank and dreary in deepest Surrey today so I envy you your sun and sea air!

Page 335 of 693 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast

Thread Information