Page 350 of 693 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

You did well C.

I do think the autopilot is a good thing, I would say it means you were more relaxed about it and didn't have to focus completely on it.

I agree. Driving is becoming more routine for you and you don't need the intense concentration. It's positive progress so well done!

Sunny here today but still very cold. Would be good to get a bit of warmth back before May begins although Greta Thunberg may disagree...

Have you recovered from your Brand gig, Catkins?

Autopilot is an excellent thing MrsC it just means it’s all becoming automatic and you don’t have to think about what you’re doing.

For the first time in days we have clear blue skies here…time to deep breathe outside and clear the lungs and mind. The exhausted achey son, feels 90 % better today. Still testing negative. I reckon he’s had it but had a low viral load so it’s not picked up. The other one still positive but absolutely fine. Me and MrD still ok. Well I’d better be because I’ve got to take my mother to the nurse tomorrow for her foot appointment and Mr.D needs a haircut…he’s beginning to look like Ken Dodd!

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks everyone x I agree too, about the autopilot driving. I'm taking it as a good sign. It's been about 2 months since getting back on the road. The trip to the next village is definitely not so scary, neither is driving over 30mph. My only bugbear is other drivers that shall we say are not considerate in the least. Driving too fast in residential area area, pulling out to oncoming traffic, driving in the middle of the road, overtaking on a bend, parking up too close so you struggle to get out, stopping in the middle of the road while they chat to someone and generally think they are the only one on the road. How I had forgotten the joys of driving, lol.
    Keep positive Darksky, you may get away with not catching anything. Strange about your son's tests though, doesn't make sense.
    It was a reasonable day here yesterday Pulisa, even better today. I say, bring on the sun, it only do you good.
    What's the Brand gig catkins? Would that be Russell or type of tobacco?

It was of the Russell variety Carnation, and yes Pulisa, fully recovered - mainly from the hunger, because I'd had to miss my tea to get there in time.

It seemed to be a busy week generally though and I fear I have neglected a bit of self care this week. Didn't even manage to squeeze any yoga in - well that's actually a bit of a fib. Had I not been hooked to series 2 of Bridgerton I would have managed it yesterday.

I did buy some pansies yesterday from Sainsbury's, I popped them in the cold frame when I got back. It's been very nippy up here with a very few spells of sunshine. Fingers crossed for warmer weather this week.

I quite like Russell Brand, let's say he's grown on me.
    I've brought all my seedlings indoors because they are just not getting the heat. Some I've taken a gamble and planted straight in the ground.
    I do regular yoga and it's ok to miss a day here and there, even a week occasionally. I don't like being reliant on any exercise or routine to get me through a day or become a safety measure. My exercise is basically when I have energy or too much adrenalin kicking around.
    I should probably meditate more, although a sit in the garden is just as beneficial.
    Warming up a bit next week. Would be nice to garden without my coat on, it's so restricting.

I think exercise is addictive and not always helpful when it becomes a compulsion and just another chore to complete.

Very good point re exercise both of you. I'll cut myself some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Remembering times of past, a Spring cold was very common.
    Seconded here.

This time 2 years ago (as you all remember) we were in our first full national lockdown, and this time last year our third national lockdown was just being phased out (IIRC).

So, with being mostly back to the 'older' normal now in terms of restrictions being fewer and far between in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty much inevitable that there will be more cases of seasonal colds and other bugs once again, which will no doubt get confused with Covid.

Also Dr JC (like him or loathe him) said in one of his videos the other day that there's now signs that Covid cases in the UK may have reached their peak and might finally be starting to fall, even though dashboard stats on Mondays play catch-up for the missed stats of Saturdays and Sundays.

But I don't really bother with following the day-to-day Covid numbers anymore period, especially as the dashboard stats don't really tell us much anyway.

I like Dr John Campbell.
    I also gave up on those stat charts during the first lockdown. For me it only fuelled my fear and anxiety and as we were already locked down I couldn't see the point apart from the reason for the lock down. I didn't want my agoraphobia to return or affect any possible future fear once the pandemic had passed. I stopped watching the news completely and muted all adverts because the only thing it was doing was feeding fear into homes of people who couldn't go out anyway and had no idea when they could. The stats were confusing, especially the add ons after the weekend and most of the time the figures didn't match up to reality. Those two years were very surreal and for once, our anxieties had come true and fear was felt worldwide. The fear continues in its many forms but during that time we have realised how precious life is, our freedom that was honoured to us by our forefathers, and what really matters and the trust in our bodies to heal. We went through a very difficult period and life / living has changed because of that. We might have gained more confidence in the long run or we might still shire away from what we perceive as fearful. I say perceive loosely because many a threat is just a thought or exaggerated situation to give you the sense of fear that can have you imprison yourself from life itself. So well done to us for coping, getting through and building up our lives again, no matter how small, it' is to be celebrated.
    Last edited by Carnation; 11-04-22 at 11:56.

Page 350 of 693 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast

Thread Information