Page 351 of 693 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6924

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I agree Carnation. Although I'm still not watching the news, I'll occasionally read a news website, but can't watch it.

I popped in to ask about ginger tea. I really dislike herbal teas, but today I went and bought some ginger tea, it's the Twinnings Digest one, so it's ginger, turmeric and fig. I'm sure I read that you use it.

Very inconveniently I've got to come off my PPI for 2 weeks so that I can have a H-pylori test. Today is day one. To be honest I've been dreading it. I've been given gaviscon to use, but as I have recently been on 30mg twice a day I'm not convinced it's going to be enough.

So my thinking is if I have a ginger tea in the evening it might help. What do you think?

Catkins, I've not tried ginger tea, only chamomile. But I've heard good things about it. Twinnings is always gentle, a milder form. I would have it with a biscuit of some sort, maybe a plain digestive,if that helps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Hea...ct_top?ie=UTF8

If you don't get on with the twinings this could be an option?

Maybe it was Nora that has ginger tea? But thanks for the advice will definitely do that tomorrow.

I actually managed to drink it and it wasn't too terrible. I'll definitely keep that one in mind Pulisa.

My dad used to drink it as he had coeliac disease and the society recommended it. I hope the night wasn't too bad and I'm sorry you have gut issues, catkins. Ruling out h-pylori is a good thing to do though. Gaviscon is pretty effective too although it can really bung you up. There is a Gaviscon Advance which may be more effective.

My eldest son is on ppi Catkins…well only for a week but they’ve sorted him out. He tried gaviscon beforehand but it didn’t do anything. I hope your two week break doesn’t cause you too much agro.
    Ginger tea is supposed to be good for digestion and it’s nice to drink. We had the pukka version of it. I think it was called Three Ginger? Whatever it was called, even MrD liked it and he is a plain old Tetleys guy.

Ghost…Spillways

Last week I had what seemed sinus headpain, across the forehead, eyes, nose, top of the head, even sides and base of the skull. It thankfully went away for a few days and yesterday it was back with a vengeance. I'd just washed my hair with the shower spray, dried and tonged, all ok. Then boom! It was back again. As the evening went on it got worse and worse until you get that 'I can barely focus feeling'. So I had a relatively earlier night, slept for 9.5 hours, although I woke up 4 times during that time (which is relatively normal for me anyway) and today its gone again. No tenderness, no pain eyes nice and clear, even had morning energy which has been lacking of late.
    I'm puzzled that a sinus headache can work this way and if I am honest my last stint of 6 days last week was beginning to worry me. My sensible part is it can't be anything serious if it comes and goes. I have no other symptoms. Hay-fever apparently doesn't produce a headache according to Google. Yes, I googled and I know I tell people not to, so smack on the hand for me.
    Although Mr C suffers with hayfever and felt quite rough, almost flu like symptoms yesterday but feels fine today. The pollen was very high yesterday.
    And after all my thoughts I'm still not sure if it was sinus pain but as it came on after washing hair and pulling my head around, it's likely to be that. Annoying anxiety wants to get a hold of the situation. It doesn't miss a chance to spot an opportunity, lol.

Oh Mrs.C you’re as bad as me I am telling myself that my son, who’s confined to bed one day and up at work the next, rinse and repeat…can’t have anything serious because like you…serious doesn’t come and go’. We have to hang onto this. Maybe you have inflamed sinuses and have aggravated them again.

Important thing is, we mustn’t let anxiety reach out and grab hold. These things will pass, like all things do.

Ghost…Spillways

I think Darksky is probably right about your sinuses being a little inflamed and they got aggravated, possibly by washing your hair or by the increased pollen the previous day.

Even though the weather hasn't been great up here the tree pollen is out and about - I keep itching. What with constantly scratching, sneezing, increased coughing, burping and pain from the no PPI situation, I feel like I should be walking round with a sign round my neck saying 'I haven't got the lurgy'. Also had the additional plus today that I forgot to take my gaviscon (I have got the advance one) to work, so also kept burping sick on top of everything else. Oh the joys! I am a little grumpy.

Yes I'm going to stick with the sinuses diagnosis Darksky. I've been fine today. Out in the garden erecting my frame for my beans, cut all the shrubs, cleaned the car from yet more red dust from the Sahara. Made a Casserole which entailed a good hour of preparation. So strange being poorly one day and full of life the next.
    Catkins, you sound like one of my normal days. I often say to Mr C, you can't take me anywhere with my belching, sneezing, coughing, reflux and so on.
    Do you like horlicks catkins? Might settle your tummy before going to bed.
    I've taken some photos of some of the flowers in bloom in my garden ....
    IMG_20220413_191743.jpgIMG_20220413_191938.jpgIMG_20220406_130841.jpgIMG_20220402_181111.jpgIMG_20220402_181052.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 351 of 693 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast

Thread Information