Page 359 of 693 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

How was it, catkins? Was it hard going as you wanted to clock watch (or mobile watch)?

I’ve thought this for a long time. The internet is a marvellous tool and disagreements can be stopped with a quick Google to see who’s right. However, I’m sure those with HA for example were happier without it. Googling symptoms back in the day involved a trip to the library and a mooch through the relevant encyclopaedia. Too much effort.

24 hour news is another example of too much info. Phones pinging all the time with bits of info which we don’t need. Yes the weather, we had a bit of rain and wind but now it’s a named storm with pictures of fallen trees, ruined roofs just to give us something to worry about when the next one rolls in.

I must be getting old because life seemed simpler back in the day.

Ghost…Spillways

Having had a good old moan in the previous, karma bit me on the bum for not checking the ONLINE weather forecast. Just got soaked to the skin walking the dog. Maybe it’s not all bad

Ghost…Spillways

Oh no Darksky. Was it windy? Wind can change everything!

You did well catkins to hand over your phone. Don't think I could have done that.

I don't trust weather forecasts either online or on the box/radio...

Yes it was windy Mrs. C. We ummed and ahhed about going but the pooch needed a walk. Although half of it was spent cowering in a bus shelter. Had to get the towel and hairdryer out when we got back…..and that was for the dog!

Now I’m sitting here looking at a beautiful pink sunset. British weather eh, can’t beat it.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How was it, catkins? Was it hard going as you wanted to clock watch (or mobile watch)?
    It actually was OK, some of the jokes I didn't get, maybe they were lost in translation? It was mainly in the lead up to the performances. I kept thinking that we'd been in there for ages, I was hot and people kept getting up and going to the bar. I think I just wanted them to get on with it. Then near the end I was even hotter and getting tired and was ready to go to bed.

Overall it was a good night away with a couple of tense moments, but definitely worth doing 😁

I hate the long wait for things to start too..and fidgety people who have weak bladders or who just think nothing of disturbing others in their seats when they have settled down. I think it's all part of the "build up" though..but like you I just want them to get on with it!

I'm glad it was successful overall and well done for coping! I'm sure your husband thoroughly enjoyed his birthday treat but bet you're glad to be home safely now!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I’ve thought this for a long time. The internet is a marvellous tool and disagreements can be stopped with a quick Google to see who’s right. However, I’m sure those with HA for example were happier without it. Googling symptoms back in the day involved a trip to the library and a mooch through the relevant encyclopaedia. Too much effort.

24 hour news is another example of too much info. Phones pinging all the time with bits of info which we don’t need. Yes the weather, we had a bit of rain and wind but now it’s a named storm with pictures of fallen trees, ruined roofs just to give us something to worry about when the next one rolls in.

I must be getting old because life seemed simpler back in the day.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly Darksky.

I've said this hundreds of times before on here that we seem to be forever bombarded with endless (and often unnecessary) information and sensory overload in general, plus things being over-dramatised, in particular what you said about things being given trendy names, buzzwords, etc, which I've never really got myself.

Before the 2000s a storm was just a storm, not 'Storm X', 'Storm Y', 'Hurricane X', 'Hurricane Y', etc, bouts of snowfall in the winter were simply that, not 'Beasts from the East', etc, plus (dare I say it) a vomiting/ diarrhoea bug was just a vomiting/ diarrhoea bug, not Norovirus, nor was it accompanied by the hysterical media frenzy that we have nearly every autumn-early winter (especially from the Daily Express) nowadays, which I find extremely distasteful and disrespectful towards the emetophobics of this world.

I do feel at times that there is something rather Orwellian about certain aspects of the Internet, 24/7 news channels on TV and the media in general. OK, we should keep abreast of whatever latest developments and trends (at least within reason), but not be totally 'owned' by them and told how to live our daily lives, and inadvertently keep up with the Joneses!

Page 359 of 693 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast

Thread Information