Page 364 of 692 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 6919

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I just love this time of year! I envy you all your wildlife. We do occasionally get mice under the bit of decking we've got in the back yard. But I've never had any luck with bird feeders. I used to think it was because there are a lot of cats around here, but there isn't as many so maybe I need to try again.

I've planted four tomato plants (that my friend gave me) into the cold frame this morning. Fingers crossed 🤞 no lurgy gets them this year!
    Whilst slightly off-topic, I remember having a weird phobia about bird feeders when I was little (the hanging netted things with bird seed inside), but back then (and probably fortunately owing to my phobia) I only ever recall seeing them suspended inside bird cages and never hanging from things out in the open.

They looked like quite sinister things to me back then that I thought might be harmful if touched (e.g, give an electric shock) and I was totally unaware that they're receptacles that birds eat from, plus I used to feel sorry for the birds imprisoned in their cages with those evil things that are actually harmless and are of benefit to birds' survival (eating).

I was also scared of entering pet shops when I was about 4-5 because of those things, even though they were generally in the cages with the resident birds.

Apologies for the negativity over this subject, but I no longer have said phobia now, especially as I have since realised what bird feeders (of all types/varieties) actually are.

That irrational phobia was also a possible childhood ASD trait.

That's very interesting Lencoboy and thankfully you are over it. I have a thing about balloons. But I think it's quite common. It's the texture, the smell, the blowing up and the popping. Nothing good about a balloon in my book.
    I'm not so lucky with tomatoes catkins. This year I seem to be ahead. Already have the flowers that form the tomatoes. So I might get a couple of quids worth, lol.
    It's pouring of rain today so I'm going to catch up on household chores. Well at least I might get some exercise.
    Last edited by Carnation; 24-05-22 at 11:54.

What lovely positive posts on your thread Carnation. And having the young blue tit on your hand must have been a special moment Darksky.

We get loads of starlings, some juveniles too now. And they make such a racket but I love it, the sound of life and a contrast to the doom filled news. Also jackdaws, I love their 'chack chack' calls. I've been into wildlife, birds especially, since I was a child. I remember seeing the gannets diving into the sea off the Scottish coast, something not to be forgotten. Now we have peregrines nesting on a local church.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yes that must have been such a special moment...I can only offer up being eyeballed by my army of pigeons who line up on the shed roof as they await their morning seeds..and then hover above my head impatiently!!

"The Birds"...eat your heart out!
    Pulisa, there's something unique about Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds'. At least unique when it was made, maybe not now.

The Birds is my all time favourite Hitchcock film.

Fishman!!! Peregrines!!!Oh how I envy you. One of my favourite birds. Can you get any pictures?

Ghost…Spillways

OK this is one of the chicks, hatched this year. There is one of a parent bird somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. They nested on the church last year too, we're in East Northamptonshire. 30 years ago this would have been a very unlikely scenario. Red Kites too are so common I barely take notice any more.
    PHOTO-2022-05-19-09-19-44.jpg

I think you can see the back of one of the parents just behind.

The photos of the peregrines are amazing fishman.
    Darksky, I'm lucky where I live as we seem to get an array of different birds. The sparrowhawk is a bit scaremongering though. During the summer we get masses of rooks fly over in a mass just as the sun goes down. Honestly, must be hundreds of them. Seagulls battle for the chips from holidaymakers. Some are more cheeky and hang around the food shops and even go inside. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    The photos of the peregrines are amazing fishman.
    Darksky, I'm lucky where I live as we seem to get an array of different birds. The sparrowhawk is a bit scaremongering though. During the summer we get masses of rooks fly over in a mass just as the sun goes down. Honestly, must be hundreds of them. Seagulls battle for the chips from holidaymakers. Some are more cheeky and hang around the food shops and even go inside. Lol.
    It wasn't me who took the photos Carnation. They were taken by a chap who photographs a lot of wildlife locally. Yes sparrowhawks certainly cause panic among songbirds, normally you will get a series of alarm calls and then total silence. I love the cawing of rooks, it feels like a quintessentially British sound.

Page 364 of 692 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast

Thread Information