Page 367 of 695 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 6941

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

That's incredibly frustrating Carnation, but please don't take it personally. It seems to be the way of the world these days. My friend has been waiting about 8 months for someone to come and fit a stove in her living room. She hasn't given up on him coming because she liked him, but she is starting to think he's never going to come.

Wow 8 months! Catkins, your friend sure has some tenacity Plus limitless patience.
    if I want something I want it yesterday….it’s a bad trait of mine.

Ghost…Spillways

Thank you both x I actually feel a bit better for getting my frustrations down on paper.
    Darksky, it's some small jobs in the bathroom, a bit of painting and so on. Nothing major. These have been on hold since pre Christmas. He told me he was busy up to February, but now in June and over 6 months of being patient, I didn't think there would be a problem. Its the lack of communication, the silence of no reply that's more frustrating than not being able to do the jobs. I've made temporary repairs myself, lol. Mr C is absolutely rubbish at D. I. Y. and not interested in the slightest. I know I'll get it sorted and think a neighbour might be able to help.
    With me, it's more losing trust, being let down, even lying. It just builds up to more lack of trust in people. As you say C'est la Vie!
    On a more positive note, I've bought more plants. They were crying out to me, "take me home", lol. Also picked up a strawberry plant. Well, it was only a pound. The garden is looking pretty good this year, thanks mainly to my new knee pads and getting down into the spaces I can't normally reach. Saves my back bending which is painful for me thanks to a curvature in the spine. It's a nightmare even to wash my hair. Yoga has been a brilliant help for that. I'm waffling now, so will end my post before I can hear the yawns, lol.
    Last edited by Carnation; 03-06-22 at 11:27.

No yawns Mrs.C. It’s just chatting, like a daily meet up in a cafe.

I’ve emptied my tubs…you know the half whisky barrels. They had two year old wallflowers in, so they’ve gone. Which means I must restock them
    Fortunately a garden centre is near to Pets at Home and the pooch has run out of food. It’s amazing how these things work out….who would have thought it

Enjoy your day, another boiler here. Dare I be the first to say it’s getting too hot.

Ghost…Spillways

It's gotta be done Darksky. You can't have an empty planter. Not too hot here in the East, but if that wind dropped I'd be complaining. Its the British thing to do, lol.

I think if you arrange for something to be done then it's reasonable to expect that the work should actually BE done as agreed..but maybe this is too much to expect in the current climate? I hate waiting around for people to turn up...or not. It's so unsettling. I'm sorry you have been messed around so much, Carnation. You have every right to complain.

A couple of weeks ago a woman painter and decorator parked her van right across my run in. I rang the number advertised on the van as I needed to use my car and asked her to move it. She was working opposite and came out and proceeded to tell me that she could have reversed out of such a tiny gap quite easily and why couldn't I??!! I told her why....Main road,couldn't see anything, daughter would have copped any impact...and she just muttered about my driving incompetence under her breath as she grudgingly moved the van.

Whatever happened to a quick apology and moving the vehicle? It seems that the customer is at the mercy of the tradeperson's moods now.

What a horrid woman Pulisa. Don't let these sort of people get to you. Honestly they think they have the right to do what they like and say things to make you feel you are the one being unreasonable. If only we could laugh these things off and not take it heart. You did right to ask for the vehicle to be moved. You were being sensible for health and safety!

Dreaming and constantly waking up during the night.
    I've always had a trip to the loo during the night or woken once or twice during sleep. But lately I'm waking up every couple of hours, sometimes an hour, having several dreams which seem to contain a lot of my past, normally obscure scenarios and I just can't seem to get a peaceful night's sleep. I've tried going to bed a bit earlier, a bit later, reading, doing affirmations, exercise, not having a late night drink. Anyone else have this?

I do have bouts of this, minus the dreams, it’s absolutely exhausting. Waking up every hour, sleeping for 15 minutes then awake again. I think it’s just a bout of insomnia. With me it lasts about 7 days until I am walking round in a daze. Then suddenly I find I’m sleeping a couple of hours. The next night I may do 3 or 4 hours straight and so on. Until I get back to my normal pattern of just waking up a couple of times a night. I’ve not slept through the night in decades.

it doesn’t seem to be caused by anything particular and generally nothing helps me. I just accept that I’m going through another bout of insomnia and wait until I’m through it.

Although lack of sleep spikes anxiety the following day, I try not to get wound up about not sleeping. It passes like all stuff does.

Ghost…Spillways

I do find that I can't seem to sleep longer than about 6 hours and usually less. I'm sure the temptation to check the mobile phone late at night plays a part. Note to self.

Just a quick word on the tradesmen issue. I worked with Dad and brothers through the 80s and into 90s. We were a small building firm taking on a range of jobs from small alteration work and extensions to larger industrial units etc. To say when you will arrive to do a job is quite simple. We would phone and give a date and rough time. If a problem cropped up, we would either phone or drive to the location and tell them.

And this was before mobile phones, so arguably we had more reason not to keep them in the loop. I can only assume that basic good manners have declined dramatically. Even so its simply not on that you should be kept waiting with no communication. You do get some roughnecks in construction, especially scaffolders. If ever an argument happened on a building site you could be sure a scaffolder would be involved. I'm really sorry you've been going through this Carnation

Page 367 of 695 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast

Thread Information