Page 371 of 693 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 6924

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Naughty pussy Darksky. It's nature but.....
    The shower sounds invigorating Darksky. They'll be a fight for the bathroom today.
    I read somewhere that a cuppa cools you down more than a cold drink. I've heard this on numerous occasions.

Yeah I think the theory behind it is that the hot drink makes you sweat and the action of sweating cools the body down.
    I don’t really want to sit sweating though so I’ll stick with my Vimto squash.

Not seen the cat by the nest today, hopefully he’s forgotten it, although I did see a magpie lurking, which I chased off pronto. I know it’s nature but it’s hard..

Ghost…Spillways

The sweating is to be avoided Darksky for the sake of anxiety.
    There's a good amount of cloud cover my way now.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I used to have very vivid dreams when I was on antidepressants. It was nearly every night and I felt like I was watching a movie while I slept. I don't get them as frequently anymore, but after waking up this morning I slept a bit longer and ended up having a really bad dream, nearly a nightmare. I think it's tied to me feeling unsafe as of late, as the dream was very similar to fears I've had anyway. But it was disconcerting. I try to sleep with the TV on now as it makes me feel a little bit better.

I hope you are able to get some sleep soon.
    Funnily enough, the night before last I had one of my most bizarre dreams ever, that I revisited the nursery that I attended back in late 1980-early 1981 at the age of 3 and 1/2. Not quite sure as to the exact reason (possibly some kind of meeting), and dreamt I needed a wee really bad but there were no toilets to be found anywhere in the building; in fact not even a single trace of any of the original toilet facilities that I remembered, neither the little kiddies' ones nor the staff/adult ones. Then I asked one of the staff members in the dream 'Where are the toilets?', and she replied 'Sorry we don't have any toilets at all on these premises'. And I replied in return with 'Not even for the children who attend this nursery, let alone the staff and adult visitors?' Then the staff member replied again with 'Nope'.

Then I said 'Well for your information I actually attended this nursery myself as a 3-year old back in the very early 80s and actually remember using the toilets that were here myself back then, so to have had all the toilets in these premises completely ripped out is completely and utterly unlawful!'.

Then the staff member said 'Well Mr. Lenco, I'm afraid that's none of your business, so you can just hop it from my nursery premises before I take legal action against you!'.

Legal action? Yeah right!

Then I woke up and actually needed the toilet IRL!

One of the most oddball, embarrassing and disturbing dreams I have had for absolutely ages, but even worse, I actually hated being at that nursery back in the day, which I already mentioned in another thread on here in 2020, so it was also a kind of flashback/trigger.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 17-06-22 at 16:22.

Our dreams are supposedly dealing with stored trauma lencoboy.

Lenco - I have dreams like that a lot! Usually I can find a bathroom, but there's no door, or the toilet's broken, or something. And it is usually because I need to go in real life but I know that I can't because I'm in my bed

It's been incredibly hot here as well, and bad weather too. We had really awful weather Saturday night - there was a tornado that hit a little less than half a mile from my house. It started up north and they don't typically move straight south; the weathermen all kept saying it was bound to turn east eventually but it didn't. It passed my my parents house and then nearly right over me; I could hear it outside as I cowered down with my pup and kitty. The weather all over the country is just so awful and unpredictable anymore, I have started working on putting together a backpack to have on hand with some quick grabbed essentials so that if the weather does take a bad turn hopefully we'll all be okay for a few days at least.

This weekend I have to go out and do my lawn, and collect and stack all of the fallen limbs as the city is going to be picking them up. I'm thankful we took down the massive oak next to my house or it could have been really bad!

But yeah - I am not a hot weather person and it is nothing but hot weather. I've been keeping my thermostat set at 80 (27 c?) but today I turned it down to 78 (26 c?). I'd honestly suck it up and keep it hotter but with my dog's health issues I don't want him to overheat. I have been keeping his hair short, lots of playing in the kiddie pool, and he has a gel cooling mat to sleep on at night. But I must be losing some good water weight walking to work in this heat! haha.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Lenco - I have dreams like that a lot! Usually I can find a bathroom, but there's no door, or the toilet's broken, or something. And it is usually because I need to go in real life but I know that I can't because I'm in my bed
    Gory info from me I know, but it's basically us subconsciously telling ourselves not to wet the bed while we're still spark out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Our dreams are supposedly dealing with stored trauma lencoboy.
    Yes, a combo of both toilet-related anxiety (past and present) and historical PTSD.

In reality, that nursery I attended back then probably wasn't a true 'hellhole' as such; more like my own personal perceptions of it at the time, what with all the epic sensory overload, funny smells, noisy activity, etc, all or some of which probably passed unnoticed to most others there (both staff and other children), but it was most certainly a painful enough ordeal for me personally at the time.

I also didn't like the (children's) toilets there because they had weird-looking open-front-type seats on them, which used to give me the creeps, but thankfully I never needed to do a number 2 there (apologies for the 'too much information' once again).

Poppy that sounds horrendous but it sounds like you handled it well. I can't even imagine what it would feel like experiencing a tornado in the vicinity. Sometimes pets can keep you focused too.

Well I wish someone would explain Mr. Ds dreams. Night before last he dreamed he was a Roman emperor aka Julius Caesar. Then last night he was President of France aka a Napoleon figure. I kid you not, this is what he’s dreaming about

Delusions of Grandeur anyone

Ghost…Spillways

Page 371 of 693 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast

Thread Information