Page 41 of 692 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

35c!!!! You win Pulisa.
    We had a forecast of 30c in the East, but it didn't reach that thankfully. However tomorrow is another high prediction. :( It all depends which way the wind blows and I thank The Lord for that Easterly breeze.
    The problem is indoors. You know, the place you are supposed to stay in the heat. All very well, but we are neatly 90f indoors and today we had to call someone as our skylight has been burning. Being pvc and not glass, over a period of long burning sun, it is now brown!
    They have a double layer and the under is OK for the moment, but don't want to take any chances.

Pulisa, I am pleased to hear you are getting a break.
    The rain may be clear by Saturday and a milder climate will no doubt be a great comfort to you.
    £600 vets bills. How do they justify that. If I was an MP , I would make a plea for NHS for animals.
    I hope he is back to normal soon. x

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

My day was difficult today.
    Apart from waking up like I had been sleeping in Calcutta, we couldn't get parked when we went out and driving around with no air-con was making us a very miserable and grumpy couple. Eventually got a space and then I had that thing when you've just closed all the windows and find you can't get out, because the person in the next car has opened their car door wide and trapped you in your car. What do they do in there? Arse hanging out, rummaging about, doing what?!
    Eventually got out and then couldn't get a table in the Cafe. Paced up and down for ten minutes, which felt like forever and then got one. Realised by now that I was desperate for the loo and was in such an anxiety state that anxiety was now in control and was telling me I wasn't going to make it!
    Walked at a snails pace to find a massive queue when I got there and knowing what state I was in decided not to wait and sat back on the table. Three times I tried to do this and made it on the third.
    After all that, the day ended up OK and finished the day on the beach.
    Anxiety tried to ruin me today, but I took my time, went slow and got through the other end.
    Anxiety wants you to fail, but you are stronger.
    Respect that it is there, but you take charge.

Until next time.....
    Last edited by Carnation; 26-07-18 at 21:57.

Immmm melting ! ok it's not funny anymore I can't move without getting hot and out of breath can't even give the dogs the evening walk .
    Hey pulisa why don't you pick us all up on the way up north , I'll be at junction 25 m1 , I'll wear a carnation so you know it's me in fact I'll be crouched under the motorway bridge hiding from the sun , I think if I got on that m1 I'd stick with it and go up Scotland , I was talking to a Scottish woman this morning she'd been back up Scotland for two weeks and can't take being back here she walks her dog at 5am .
    32 ish here today I bloody knew I should have bought an air conditioning unit in winter , today was bloody hard even doing nothing .

Buster, we both got our posts timed to the minute this time. Hopefully the rain will call you down and I know how you like a good storm. Unlike me.
    With your breathing, just remember that if you can get through a 32c day then it is bound to boost your confidence for on a normal day.
    By the way, you can't wear a Carnation, otherwise Pulisa will think it is me!
    Stay cool Buster. Stick your face in the freezer for a second. It's breaking tomorrow and you can do a rain dance.
    P. S. I'm still wearing my amber necklace, but haven't noticed any improvement.

Had a short down pour this afternoon while is was cooling off in front of a fan , I'd been driving around the city for two hours and couldn't wait to get home , I sat listening to the rain and then said out loud " shit my windows are down " ran out side to huge drops of warm rain I was soaked in seconds and it stopped a few minutes later and boy was it stuffy after and still is , funny to think someone you've never seen or met is typing away at the same time , you're probably doing it now .
    I've had one bite since I started the nettle tea and it was gone after a day , gnats must hate it , gnats nats it never looks right no matter how I spell it , who cares ?
    Right nettle and camomile tea

Buster, this heat must be awful for you with your breathing..

We've had torrential rain this pm and thunderstorms-it was a welcome relief from the horrendous heat. How anyone can enjoy this escapes me...it is a health hazard for so many people with medical issues.

I'm not driving tomorrow-going by train. There's another bloody strike on SouthWestern railways or whatever it's called now-just hope we make our pre-booked London train connection or we've had it! We are just going for the day so a 4 am start for me!

4am is barely earlier than your usual 5am Pulisa? Good luck and a safe journey!! That train connection, is it pre-booked or pre-cooked?

The hossy phoned, we have to pick up the medication for Dad's CT scan on Monday for the scan on Friday. Now its just dawning on me, he needs to have the bowel flushed through. OK 'if' they find something nasty, are they going to operate? I suspect not, so why do it?

This does seem a different approach by the gastro. I thought the GP had said all was satisfactory? Do you think your Dad may be having a colonoscopy on Friday?

I wished you'd said you were going by train not car it's going to mean taking the banner down off the motorway bridge and putting in on the train line instead , wait until hs2 arrives you will get to Yorkshire before you've set off or so they'd have us believe , it's going to cut straight through my town , a few people I know will lose their houses , it's grim up north tha know .
    Pretty much my whole day revolves around my breathing or lack of it , I've given up going to the docs , I have no idea when it's asthma or anxiety , at times it's like having a plastic bag over my head ( makes a change from a brown paper bag ) .
    Fish it sometimes seems they do tests just for the hell of it and you come away no better off , hopefully they will get the old boy sorted , my mums liver tests never came back so we assume no news is good news , we gave the carers a try but mum didn't like it and they were very unreliable turning up late or not at all .
    Still no rain , the bit we did have with thunder sent the old dog into a panic and she ran off through the door and down the street in the pissing down rain with me in tow .
    5am start in the morning , off to buy crap from arrogant dick heads to turn into quality vintage items to sell to Londoners with more money than sense , just had six more bikes picked up and taken back to London , apparently no one can afford to drive there anymore .
    Take care .

I know its not a colonoscopy Pulisa, the Dr said it was a CT scan because of his age and health issues (angina, COPD, osteoarthritis). It just registered today that he's clearly going to have to take the prep stuff, lots of water with this salty powder that tastes disgusting. I know that because Mrs F made me try some once. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.

Glad your Mum's tests were ok Buster. That HS2 is a joke, when you think that business deals/contracts are carried out via Skype, why would anyone waste their money on a fancy train journey when the internet is going to provide virtual reality meetings? Not to mention some of you guys having to move home and SSSIs being bulldozed. Ancient bluebell woods and 400 year old oak trees gone forever

Just popping on my thread amidst the storm, which is very brave of me with my fear of thunder and lightening.
    My thread was intended for people that were recovering from a relapse and struggling with day to day life, including myself. I wanted to share tips and coping methods so it may help others and created a form of diary.
    I also wanted to avoid any discussions that may not be of encouragement or could be upsetting to some.
    A relapse is a scary time for some who can be scared of the most menial tasks throughout the day, so the nature of conversations should be taken into consideration because of that.
    I have noticed of late that the thread has gone off course and I am reluctantly having to comment on it.
    I also feel that it is no longer my thread and responses to the content I use is overlooked and ignored.
    So for this reason, I will refrain from using my thread for the purpose it was intended for and will decide whether to close it at a later date.
    It has taken a great deal of courage to say these things and no doubt it will affect some of the posters, but my feelings are strong enough to make this post as it has come to a point where it is upsetting me.

Page 41 of 692 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread Information