Page 414 of 693 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6929

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Every conversation today is been about Mr C's arm darksky. I'm a good nurse but there comes a point where you just want quiet and a sit down with a cuppa without hearing, "do you think I should do this?" "I've never felt pain so bad" "I can't get comfortable" "I'll think I'll take some more pills".
    Clear skies here. I just don't understand it.

I'm still not sure if we had rain. I didn't hear anything and I can hear someone watering their garden this morning.
    It was an incredibly hot night, 23c. And I've now got heat bumps on my bum! Lol. You have to laugh. Mr C with his pufferd up arm and me having to sit side saddle because of overheated backside. At first I thought I had been attacked in the night by a swarm of midges but as I have a few on my inner elbow and they are not red, just itchy, they are clearly heat bumps.
    Mr C had a difficult evening last night but managed to sleep after taking an array of pills.
    We now think it's gout. I reminded him he banged his elbow a couple of days ago which could have set it off.
    I'm thankful I'm driving again because Mr C can't and will be that way for some time.
    It's still hot but there's a lovely breeze. As for anxiety, well, that's been quite high considering all that's going on. If it wasn't for exhaustion I'd be far more hyper.

23c overnight? Lord that must have been horrible.

we had the thunder and rain on into the night. It’s cooler now. Had a good dog walk in the hills. Sat amongst the sheep while the dog ate his weight in sheep poo. Then he comes for a face lick….I think not!

Has he had a blood test for gout? They are saying my mother has it too and are talking about gout pills? You always associate gout with Henry V111 and over indulgence but clearly it’s got nothing to do with it.

Hope you’re both cooler and feel better soon. Both his arm and your bum!

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks for the advice darksky x
    Mr C gets ongoing gout and you are right, it is not necessarily due to overindulging in rich meat. We've had very little meat lately due to the weather being too hot to cook in the oven on. Gout is to do with the body making too many crystals and is quite common. Certain foods can aggravate it but it can mainly be set off by a knock on a joint which is what Mr C did a few days ago. We couldn't remember it being the link at the time.
    My mum suffered with it to.
    Mr C has the pills to calm it down but you are right again. I believe you can take a regular pill to stop this from happening so I will tell Mr C. That's if he can get an appointment.
    He's staying in bed today and miraculously we did manage to sleep last night. I was waiting for the storm to come but it didn't. Although I could see some lightning in the far distance, we didn't get any rain over our way.
    It was so sticky and hot last night, my hair was like Ken Dodd and as you know I have the bum thing. Lol.

We got our storm last night, yayyy
    Normally I'm dead scared of storms but I wanted it to cool down so much I was actually serenely calm and this morning the birds are out and about enjoying the moistened soil. It was beginning to look like space dust.
    The temperature has finally gone down and I can see the first bit of green on the grass.
    Mr C is still poorly, although he is improving. Its a real stinker of a gout infection this time. I've told him I'll drive to the farm shop at the weekend because we are going a bit stir crazy being in all the time. I even started reading through my pile of magazines that have been sitting around from year dot.
    On a positive, my teeth seem to have settled down for the time being. There's part of me that thinks "for how long?" I'm just thankful I have a break from the issue.

Well thank goodness for that. It certainly took its time getting to you. Much cooler after a good storm isn’t it. Heavy rain again last night here and I’ve actually got socks on…first time in months. All summer I move around in flip flops.

I love farm shops, they are expensive though, pork pies, sausages, chutneys, I fill my basket up unfortunately.

I am waiting on a plumber for our shower. He came and had a look yesterday, went off to plumbers merchants and I’ve not seen him since. I’ve got to go to the clinic again this pm so he will have to wait. I have no idea what’s the matter with tradesmen, why are they so damn casual.

Ghost…Spillways

Aren't they just darksky. Do you think it's got something to do with the labour charge?
    Those clinic trips must be such a drag for you and your mum. Would she be entitled to a home visit? Might be worth looking into.
    Think we've still got some more rain to come but already its much more cooler and I can things without becoming a sweaty mess.

I think if you can prove you can get to appointments they won’t entertain home visits and she can get there. It is a pain you’re right. She’s pig sick of going and so is her daughter. It’s been twice a week now since March.

Nothing from the plumber…oooh I really could do some serious swearing

Ghost…Spillways

I'm glad you've all got cooler weather now. We are supposed to have some this weekend and I'm looking forward to it, though it probably won't stay.

Our new office boss started work this week and it's been tiring doing my work and assisting him as well. He put on my calendar a meeting between the two of us on Monday morning and now I'm a mess about it because I have no idea what the meeting is about or what he is going to say, though my mind is definitely entertaining options! Not sure if he's meeting with everyone like this or just me. Am worried to death that he's going to make me move desks, or change up my job duties.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

That's true darksky. Because you take your mum, she can get there. And I know you don't think twice about doing that for your mum. If you were not available to do that, someone would come out to her. Although as I'm writing this you would see that as abandoning and that's probably not what you want. It's a difficult one.
    I feel your plumber maybe in for it when he shows. x

Poppy, it's so easy to overt think a situation that hasn't even happened yet. Whatever you think, it's all guesswork. Probably nothing bad as you've been assisting this new boss, so just wait until that moment comes and then you can deal with whatever it is. x

Page 414 of 693 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast

Thread Information