Page 417 of 694 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 6940

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Last night I went to bed with a hot water bottle (yes, it's that cold) what a combination, a summer duvet and a hot water bottle, lol. There also being another reason for it , I've done my shoulder while moving a cupboard. I didn't want to ask Mr C incase his arm was still not healed fully. The things we do for love, lol.
    I also felt a cold coming on so the vicks came out. Had a chamomile tea just before gong to sleep to help prevent the waking in the night. Found my snug blanket to put on top of the flimsy summer duvet I've got so accustomed to and I definitely feel much better today. I know I wanted a cooler temperature but 9c!?!?
    I've noticed the TV making the most of the Paddington Bear popularity. I feel the moment with the Queen will be the most remembered. People are beginning to think he's real, sorry, spoiler alert. He's a made up character of faux fur and a brightly coloured jacket and and hat which looks as though it's seen better days, a lot of CGI throw in to make him appear to be slightly real. Sorry, its true!
    Films, Paddington 1 and 2 will grace our screens before a very depressing Monday of the Queen's send off which I really am not looking forward to. The last couple of weeks have brought me down a bit and brought emotions to the surface with my mum and dad, so Monday is sure to be a weepy day with no escape! Although I might slip away to the garden, (my serenity place) but no doubt the family album will come out at some time so I can make myself even more emotional to suit the current mood.
    On a positive... I can hide for the next couple of days until normality comes back, whatever that is.
    I'll wait for the Paddington Bear attacks now. Truth is, I find it quite cute and endearing and a distraction from Royal mayhem and reality.

I know what you mean about the cold. I’ve taken off summer duvet and put a warmer one on. And last evening I was seriously tempted to put a coat on when I walked the dog. The wind on top of the hill was evil.

We can sit together in the pain stakes…I bent down this morning to pick up the dogs bowl..too quickly…and I’ve done my back in. I just felt it go I’ve taken two ibuprofen but I maybe will gets the heat pad out. Let’s hope we right ourselves soon.

My eldest has gone down to Cornwall, surfing with his best friend. Right now I can’t even imagine being that fit.

We will be watching tomorrow, I was thinking of going to watch it with my mother but it will hit home too much. I would be in bits. My sister is made of much sterner stuff and is there to keep her company. What a cop out.

Normality….we were just saying the other day, things haven’t been normal for years…brexit, covid, war, cost of living….it just goes on and on.

Ghost…Spillways

I think the Paddington sketch was the highlight of the Jubilee celebrations but apart from that i don't really feel anything special about PB. I predict a bit of Paddington fatigue in the weeks ahead as the cost of living crisis takes a hold again..sadly.

You are right darksky. Maybe we getting used to it. Add them all to the challenges. We are used to that with anxiety. We are built for new challenges.

I made the mistake of watching 5 minutes of the people walking past the coffin yesterday. Blubbed my eyes out! I half want to watch, half think it's not a good idea.

Catkins, your mum's passing is still very fresh to you. My mum has been gone 5 years and I still get emotional triggers. It's going to be a hard one tomorrow but you can't be disrespectful for not watching if you have a personal situation which is too upsetting to do so.
    It will be on the tv all day and most of the evening and probably continue on with highlights for days after.
    You have to do what is right for you as an individual. No one is going to judge for not watching the longest funeral ceremony we will ever know.

Completely agree with Carnation here..I was welling up at Prince Philip's funeral last year and it's now 8 years since my dad died..It's funerals in general for me.I can't cope with them.

Oops, I missed your earlier post pulisa re: Paddington Bear. I agree about PB being the highlight of the Jubilee. However, now there's a sadness now attached to the little chappy.
    I also don't deal with funerals very well. I know, no-one does. It's a throwback to my parents which I thought I'd be past the emotional trigger by now. Maybe it's something that stays with us. Maybe the grieving needs more time, maybe we shelved some emotion at the time. But I think it's healthy to feel this way. Big (hugs) for everyone.

It will be a momentous day today...and an emotional one as we all reflect on our losses regardless of whether we are mourning the Queen or not.

I haven't been to London since she died but may try to go this week after the crowds have gone.

Page 417 of 694 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast

Thread Information