Page 500 of 701 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 7006

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I’ve just been to the supermarket and while I was getting my mother her magazines I was reading in one of the papers that the Government during covid were contemplating ridding the country of cats! Thinking they were a source of spreading. Surely not. I imagine a lot of people would have ended up in jail… including me.
    Mr C and I were talking about this last night.
    Although I did hear about it during the lock down period.

I imagine Larry the Downing Street moggy would have raised objections to that hairbrained scheme?

Oh yes pulisa. Definitely!!!

I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp of a never ending winter. tomorrow is going to be minus bloomin freezing again and the likelihood of saving any energy is going to be very slim this week. I've never done so many jigsaw puzzles. And I've had sinus issues for 2 months now which is about the same amount of time of having high anxiety and being over sensitised. Although I'm pleased to say my walking on a boat feeling has gone. Now I feel like I'm falling forwards if I stand on one spot for too long, lol. Probably my hyped up body ready to run. Realistically no threat, just a kitchen full of cupboards and equipment and a bathroom cabinet mirror.
    The urgent and frequent peeing can be irritating. No kidding, I can go to the loo before going out and half an hour later I'm feeling I'm wanting to pee again. By the time I get back home I'm practically cross-legged at the front door trying to find the damn key, which is never where I think I put it. Then it's like a one person raid to the bathroom and a battle against time to get my coat off so I can pee!!!
    Sometimes I do this chant, "I am control of my bladder, I am in control of my bladder". Does it work? Erm, I don't think so, it just reminds me I still need to pee.
    Apart from that, there's the negative thoughts. Here comes more chanting...
    "My thoughts are not real, my thoughts are not real".
    All this talking to yourself is doing my head in, lol.

Do you think the peeing could be due to the cold? I say this because Mr.D can go to the loo before walk and on return he’s hopping from one foot to the other. This only happens in the winter

I know what you mean about permanent winter. Do you think perhaps we have woken up in Narnia?
    I saw the weather forecast yesterday, that damn snow for Thursday is right on top of us.

Ghost…Spillways

The cold doesn't help matters darksky, that's for sure.
    Tuesday for us with the snow, then I suppose moving up north.

So you’ve got it tomorrow then? Hope it’s no more than a bit of sleet, which is bad enough.

Thursday looks horrendous here (wales and the marches) A great big blob of white placed right on top. I shall have to warn my mother of possible no show visits.

I am getting like you, constantly dreaming of her. Every second night. She’s always younger, always walking. It’s so distressing isn’t it. I wake up exhausted and tired out.

Ghost…Spillways

It can be distressing darksky. That's why I read before sleeping now.

It's certainly miserably cold up here today. I was away Friday and Saturday night with friends - not too far away but pretty chilly due to an increase in altitude. Nearly finished myself off with a 10 mile walk on Saturday.

Day off today too, but spent predominantly doing prep work for one of my lectures on Wednesday - the nervous system is very complicated.

It was nice being away but tough because I find I don't have the headspace for too much going on anymore. I had to take myself off for 'quiet time' now and again - not a bad thing, sat and watched the birds which was lovely!

Catkins, you so well you really do.
    That quiet time can work wonders, no matter how brief.
    It's definitely a wrap up warm week this week. Some comfort food, maybe a blanket and a good film.

Page 500 of 701 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast

Thread Information