Page 502 of 693 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6921

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Here's another question for you fishman or anyone else ..

Why do I suddenly need to pee urgently when I'm making a cup of tea, in the middle of peeling the potatoes or just got out of the car when I've arrived home?

I've just counted my self-help, well being books and I've got 73!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good to know that urine charge re medical matters on this thread, Dr Fishman..

Happy 5000th post from me too!
    Good grief Pulisa, your word play is so subtle!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You're hardier than us, Poppy..No doubt your "chilly snap" is mega sub zero?
    I wouldn't mind a sub-zero snap if it came with snow. . But now, they were expecting low 30s (so around 0 Celsius) but instead we've got 40s (so 4-7 Celsius? if my converter can be trusted!) with clouds and rain. But my niece and nephew are coming for a visit this weekend, so if we can't play in the snow I guess I won't complain that it will be sweatshirt weather outside and we can go out and run around, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Here's another question for you fishman or anyone else ..

Why do I suddenly need to pee urgently when I'm making a cup of tea, in the middle of peeling the potatoes or just got out of the car when I've arrived home?
    I swear it has to be conditioning, Carnation, because this happens to me all the time too. It's like one time I had to go while doing a certain activity, and now I'll feel like I'm supposed to go when I'm doing that. Or if I'm about to settle into something that might take awhile, I've trained myself that I "might as well go" just in case; except now I'll feel like I really do have to go and sometimes don't really. The mind is a powerful thing.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I swear it has to be conditioning, Carnation, because this happens to me all the time too. It's like one time I had to go while doing a certain activity, and now I'll feel like I'm supposed to go when I'm doing that. Or if I'm about to settle into something that might take awhile, I've trained myself that I "might as well go" just in case; except now I'll feel like I really do have to go and sometimes don't really. The mind is a powerful thing.
    I couldn't have answered that question any better Poppy, I think you're spot on.

I'm like this too...I've got better with it but it's all about association and mental comfort for me. The "just in case" mindset is very powerful in terms of how I live my life!

That for the replies on the 'pee' topic.
    I think it's a more common trait than I realised and not just people with anxiety. Not just people on meds. Not just women that have had children. And not just people of an age.

Yes…just in case..belt and braces…you never know. All very powerful suggestives for the brain to work with.

I missed all this last night..I was watching the new Elvis film. Highly recommend it, even if you’re not an Elvis fan. Up for a few Oscars too.

9 am this morning it was snowing here, really big flakes…now it’s just icing sugar and not sticking.
    Anyone else have the white stuff?

Ghost…Spillways

I do! It's been snowing since last night in deepest Surrey. More like snain now though. I'm pleased I am a strong advocate of the just in case mindset because I am prepared for this and don't need to go out or drive today.

We had mostly rain in the East, a short spurt of hailstones and sun! Nothing today.

It should be slightly warmer for you tomorrow pulisa.

I think the media really built up this snow situation.
    December /January was much worse with the freezing temperatures and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post

I think the media really built up this snow situation.
    December /January was much worse with the freezing temperatures and ice.
    Dont they always build up everything? I think they are not happy unless they are putting the fear of God into us. You know, it’s snowing…wow it’s winter, big shock. I have built up a healthy disregard for journalists in recent years. BBC are the absolute worst.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 502 of 693 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast

Thread Information