Page 512 of 693 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 6930

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Poppy, you are always ready to act when needed.

Catkins, I always seem to be doing something around the house. Day before yesterday I did a mattress turn, that was fun, lol.

Carnation - according to my therapist, that would be my type six personality at work. Always be prepared!

I'll be honest, it's taken a lot of work and many years to accept that my dog is aggressive (specifically dog/animal aggressive, just fear reactive to humans) and it's still something I wrestle with. I think like everyone I wanted the dog that just loved everyone and everything and he is not that dog and never will be. I love him still though. We went out this morning and another neighbor dog was out and he was agitated at first but quickly settled into some of his management games; he's getting very good at those, which is a bit of pride for me. But still.

Catkins - a clean house is a ton of work but the results are always wonderful. Even if they usually seem to be short-lived before more cleaning is needed, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day, it's finally Friday! It feels like it's been a long week.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Catkins you deserve huge credit for studying for and sitting that exam. That takes guts. Well done!!

Thank you, the fact that I actually managed to sit and do it does make me feel proud. I feel like I've passed already regardless of the result.

Yesterday was carpet cleaning day, I ache all over this morning but the carpets look a lot better! I'm going to spend the next couple of days catching up on washing and having a bit of a rest - which might not be that easy as I'm looking after my sisters dog and he's a lot more lively than mine.

My big job in the home was the annual mattress turnover. Which also means everything comes out into the middle of the room where everything is hoovered thoroughly and it's like an assault course and a puzzle trying to get everything back together again. I pace myself and see it as good physical exercise with great satisfaction at the end.
    Yesterday, unknown to Mr C, I was up a ladder washing the kitchen walls and tops of cupboards. Seriously, he's so oblivious sometimes, even the creaking of the ladder didn't jolt him into seeing what I was up to.
    I don't advise anyone to climb ladders in or outside of the house (safety reasons) but I'm a 'No Fear' when it comes to heights. Strange really, I can do heights but the thought of a Supermarket or busy street and I'm like

Funny, I was up a ladder this morning. At my sons painting a wall.

Does that Dulux Once do what it says on the tin, anyone know? Trying to cover a horrible bright blue. We did a quick coat of white emulsion and then followed with Dulux ordinary silk for walls. I can still see the blue, faint but it’s there. I wondering whether the Once does a better job or whether it’s marketing.

You put me to shame Mrs.C. I’m going to get cracking….towel wash, oven clean and then maybe get outside for a bit. Now that it’s finally stopped raining.

Ghost…Spillways

Sssshhhhhh don't mention the oven, need to do ours ....

Darksky, I'm not sure about the Dulux Once Paint. I think it depends on your surface colour. Experience tells me you might need 3 coats with a roller.
    We had a similar situation here when we moved in, very bright colours in both of the bedrooms and I wasn't going to risk waking up with a headache. We had 3 coats.

Talking of ovens, don't those fan ovens make a mess!!!
    It might cook a good Sunday roast with all the trimmings but afterwards it looks like the gremlins have been having a food fight in there.
    Who fancies cleaning the oven after cooking? By the time you've had your meal, a couple of mugs of tea, it's off to bed only to realise in the morning there was some kind of massacre going on the oven the previous night. And you know it's going to be a repeat performance. Besides that you know you are going to cripple your back and knees and end up with head stuck in the oven. It's the worse job ever!

It's dry and sunny here today and expected to last the week. Hooray I'm hoping for some time in the garden and organising my produce for the year. Wearing a coat when gardening is so cumbersome and restricts my bending. One of the best items I bought a couple of years ago was kneepads. Ones you fix on your knees, not kneel on. I do need the exercise, it's been such a long winter.

Hmm looks like I might need to go over it again then. 3 walls were bright blue and the 4th had a home painted sunset mural. Hilda Oden eat your heart out.

I didn’t bother doing the oven, just went into the garden instead. But yes mines a fan oven and they do make a mess. Mr.Muscle cleans mine now and again.
    Last edited by Darksky; 02-04-23 at 13:10.

Ghost…Spillways

Is it 1970s decor darksky?

So we've got a reasonable few days of weather and a predicted nice Easter on the way. (Makes an Easter Egg hunt much more enjoyable). I expect most people will be pottering in the garden or doing some DIY.
    I'm so grateful we are not moving for the time being but I do need to do a clear out. I'm thinking of doing a garage sale. Seems to be the in thing round here and saves getting up at the crack of dawn and standing for hours at a carboot.
    I checked the TV for the weekend and it doesn't look great. If we have good weather we won't need it.

Page 512 of 693 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast

Thread Information