Page 58 of 693 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

It sounds like you really do need to be resting your foot as much as possible. It’s a good thing that there are lots of things on telly at the moment! Well done for getting the food shopping done.

I adore watching the birds at the feeder. Haven’t made time for it lately, and I even forgot to buy them any food for a few weeks, but I have this wonderful memory of me and my Dad sitting on the sofa watching the long tailed tits swarming the feeder. We were just so content together. So I agree that watching nature is a wonderful tonic.

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will thanks Scass. There's a nice big dent in the sofa which has been commandeered to me.
    I hope you are feeling better too!
    Memories are actually a wonderful thing when you have shared precious moments and Christmas makes us more aware of them. x

Hope your foot feels better soon, Carnation.
    We, too, are having a quiet day tomorrow - just the family and my sister. We've never really done big festivities and will only have a couple of drinks. Mr Fish tends to overindulge - he'll eat anything going but is not so good at helping with preparation. He's a joy to be with at Christmas (everything gets magically done by someone else!). We'll hopefully get out for an airing, then settle down for a film (if we can all agree on one). I read an article about a woman whose pile of presents for her children was almost as tall as her tree. I just don't see the point in that. I like to treat my family but there's a limit to what is meaningful.
    It's my youngest son's birthday today so I'm going to make a cake now. What a rubbish day to have a birthday!
    Take care, Carnation. Wishing you and all the lovely people on NMP a Happy Christmas and hoping that 2019 see even more positive changes. xx

Thank you 23fish.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas and get to put your feet up. x

I woke this morning feeling like any other day, cloudy, cold and Mr C wrapped in most of the duvet.
    We had no pressies to unwrap as we both agreed we wouldn't do that this year. Mr C always gets the wrong size, wrong colour or something I wouldn't wear on a month of Sundays. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but it's a waste of money and time, so he got me a jumper I spotted in a shop on Christmas Eve and a lovely brooch I was admiring in a shop window.
    Then it was off to the Care home to see his mum who sadly is not doing so well. Not my ideal venue for a Christmas setting, but isn't Christmas really about doing the right thing and being with people that you care about.
    It was a hard visit for me for floods of memories of my mum in a similar position that Mr C's mum is now in.
    To be honest and blunt, we were just praying that she was not going to slip away on Christmas Day, as I don't think we could celebrate that day for what it is.
    We've had a hard time of it the last couple of months and now I have my fractured toe strapped up and found a pair of boots that allow me to walk, we are going to get ourselves out tomorrow for some much needed fresh air and human contact.
    The highlights my day was watching 'Mary Poppins' and the low point of the day was walking away from his mum who looked so sad and frail.
    In life, you do what you have to do, you put on a face to hide the pain and sorrow and then you treat yourself to something nice.
    Anxiety latched on to me like a limpet today and I found myself swearing at the damn thing. Words too strong to repeat on here.

I know exactly where you are Carnation. I've been through this myself this year, so I can identify with everything you say. My mother broke her hip back in the summer and when in hospitsl they found she had sepsis. She was in for a month while they got on top of it. It was the most horrendous time of stress and anxiety. I wondered at times if I would get through it.
    But she pulled through and is now home, trundling round on her rollator we got her. but it does make you realise how very frail they are and how things can change in the blink of an eye.

Darksky, so pleased to hear your mum is back home.

I am back at the Care Home ladled with more food and drink. You may think a bit obsessive of me, but when we here the last couple of days for a good 2 hours each time, we saw no attempt for any liquids being given to anyone, let alone us.
    We also have to sit on the floor in her room as it is so small. Except I sit on her commode, covered of course. I'm not proud.
    I could go on about all the defects and negatives, but it only winds me up. :lac
    That bloody adrenalin is still pounding through my leg, vibrating like I am resting it on a washing machine. Despite my tricks of whacking it with my hand, shaking it and rubbing it as if it will magically disappear, I know from experience that it has to ride itself out.
    I also know I am under a lot of stress and worry at the moment. Hence the anxiety symptoms.
    I was already going through a bit of a relapse and now more stresses piled on, it's only obvious that it is going to affect me in this way.
    So tomorrow we plan, being the operative word, to get ourselves out for the day.

Hugs for you Carnation

Thank you CarmR

I managed to get out today and did pretty well with that walking with my fractured toe. In fact I did brilliantly because I managed to sprain my wrist again last night and also pinch a nerve in my ars* where I wear my phone in my back pocket. You have to laugh sometimes otherwise you'd just give up altogether. Especially when we when went out for lunch and they had sold out soup, the panini machine had broken down and half the things on the menu were not available.
    Anyway, managed to find something to eat in the end then had a bit of a walk about in fear that if I don't, the rest of my muscles will seize up.
    O/H wanted to make a quick visit to see his mum, so I did a deal and told him "only if we can get fish and chips." that's if they haven't run out of fish.
    My vibrating leg has gone today. And whether it true or not, I made the assumption to expect it, understand why it was happening and reassured myself it wasn't going to kill me or last forever. I also expect all the sitting and lying around with my bad foot has vamped up the adrenalin. But if you are injured, it is pretty hard to suddenly jump up and start doing physical jerks.
    The TV is dull for Christmas, I'm thinking of getting a board game out to play. Do you think it has been misspelt and should read bored game?
    Mr C is a bad loser and I mean really bad! So, I secretly sometimes have to let him win, otherwise I pay the price in the way of sulking.
    No plans for tomorrow yet, but maybe getting out again may not be a bad idea.
    Sending good vibes to everyone reading.
    Last edited by Carnation; 27-12-18 at 16:51.

Page 58 of 693 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread Information