Page 60 of 694 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Signed in as soon as I read this. Pulisa is right, however much you care for your MIL, this isn't your mum. Concentrate on helping Mr.C through the shock he is feeling right now. I know myself the sheer terror you can feel when you think your elderly parents are dying and you know this too :( His world is crumbling but being strong will come easier to you than you think. We can be an anxious wreck yet from somewhere deep inside an unknown strength will surface to carry you through and you will carry Mr C. through with you.

Give him my very best wishes at this awful time and take care, both of you

I'm so sorry to hear this, Carnation.

Like has been said MrC is either in shock or focusing on the one thing he can do being their to comfort his mum. It will hit him at some point, so much emotional pain is hard not too.

Like pulisa said he needs someone there to help him take in the decisions. He also needs someone to lean on and cry on later. Anything you can give right now he is bound to appreciate.

We are here for you when you need us for support and to offload whilst you focus on MrC. You will do it, you are a caring compassionate person and whilst it's so upsetting you won't want to see him struggling so will do what is needed.

My thoughts are with you

Thank you so much Pulisa. x
    How right you are. I had a good hours cry in the car, Mr C didn't see. And obviously there is the reminder of my mum.
    I tend to be quite good in an emergency, but following my panic attack yesterday, I'm all iver the place and my head feels full of adrenalin.
    I'm not showing any of it to Mr C.
    I've just given him lunch and seems to be a bit more normal. He was in a daze earlier.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Thank you also Darksky. x
    Mr C is not a one to show emotions, but I know how he feels. I'm letting him do what he wants and using my experience to help.x

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Thanks Terry x
    If I hadn't had the panic attack yesterday and hardly any sleep, I probably wouldn't have been freaking out so much today.
    I've made lunch for Mr C and he is relaxing now, so am I. I've been down this route twice, he hasn't. I know what needs to be done and how it affects you. I was a bundle of nerves earlier.
    We probably both need an afternoon nap.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Mr C's mum passed away this afternoon.

So sorry to hear of your sad news Carnation. It will bring back sad memories for you too, but know that you will find the strength to get through it and be a comfort to Mr.C as well. I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight and your nerves will be a little less frayed tomorrow. Take care SM x

Very sad news, Carnation.

I know she was a very old lady but it still must be an almighty shock.

xx

God bless her, she is at peace now and nothing can now hurt her.

You and Mr.C take care of each other and please come back on here when you need a chat

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Sorry to hear this, Carnation, but as others say, she's at peace now. From what you've said, you treated and cared for Mrs C like your own mother.

Be there for Mr C and take time to mourn yourself. But remember, despite everything, this is Mr C's mother, not your own, so don't allow grief from the past to consume you.

My condolences to you both.

Never Surrender, Comrade

SM, thank you for your kind words, I too am hoping for a good night's sleep. x

Pulisa, thank you and yes, happened very quickly. x

Darksky, I promised to look after her boy, only days ago she asked me. x

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Thanks KK, wise words and much appreciated. x

So sorry to hear this Carnation, but know what? I have seen you showing what a strong woman we always knew you were.

Take it easy

Elen

So sorry to read this carnation, I know you've been looking after her for so long and gone way beyond what would be expected of you , no matter how old or how frail family become we are never prepared for losing them , you've been through this twice and got through showing great strength, mr c and you will have to go through that horrible raw numb time not knowing what is the right way to feel or act , I know you will find enough strength for both of you because you are a kind giving person .
    Take care freind and make sure you look after yourself as well

Page 60 of 694 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread Information