Page 639 of 693 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6923

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I love reading your musings Mrs.C. You really ought to write a book.

Two weeks til Christmas! When did that happen? My youngest son has an enviable disposition. So calm and nothing bothers him. If you asked him what he thinks about during the day I’m sure he would say ‘ nothing’. Anyway, I digress, he is one that leaves everything until Christmas Eve. Often cards are written in the car immediately before he gives them out. What I would give to be like that. My attitude now, is it will come and it will go.

TerryOn Christmas Day, my mothers carers will come in 4 times as usual. Plus in the run up, visits from district nurses and podiatrists too. It’s hard and it does feel like the house is little better than a hospital ward. But we adjust don’t we? We accept it, as life as it is right now. Even our frazzled brains come to accept.

Online shopping is a Godsend, Catkins. No rush to the shops, no crowds of people getting increasingly stressed out and annoyed. Embrace it.

I haven t watched a single bit of festive tv yet. We have a DVD of Its a wonderful life, which we drag out every year and watch. Alistair Simms Scrooge is also in the cupboard ready. Every year at Christmas, I buy the Radio Times…..horrendously expensive for what it is but we have a tradition of highlighting what we want to watch with a fluorescent pen. It had better be more exciting than last year. I hardly took the top off the pen.

Ghost…Spillways

Aww thanks darksky x

Me C is like that but I could go a step further. I have to wait in the car while he gets my card which is normally the afternoon before my birthday. He's done the same thing with my present as well and that's been on the day itself, lol. He's more laid back than a recliner chair and drives the car in the same fashion (which really annoys me). When I change the seat back for me it's literally yanked down into a sleeping position.

Christmas is always difficult if you have a family member in care or you are caring. I tried to make it as normal as possible but you can't help but shed a tear or two on how Christmases used to be and your mum at the helm.

I used to get the Christmas radio Times but last year I highlighted nothing! And I think £6 is just not worth it.
    'It's a Wonderful Life "is a fantastic film. So is Alistair Sims version of Scrooge. Much better than those Canadian bulk Christmas films that are probably filmed in the Spring with the same scene (snow machine on standby). Funny how it's only snowing outside the window or just overhead and everyones wearing tee-shirts under their open coats. Everyone has had a makeover as well with perfect hair and white glistening teeth. Lol. And just because you bake cookies, make a gingerbread house and decorate a tree until it's completely invisible with everything on it but the kitchen sink, doesn't make it Christmas in my opinion.

Terry I'm sure you will do wonders at Christmas. You must be a dab hand in the kitchen by now. Your efforts will not go wasted.

Mmmmm. I think I can top you on the card front Mrs.C

Back in the day when a vestige of romance was clinging on to dear life, we used to exchange valentines cards. One year he sent me one of those big padded jobs that came in boxes. ( Remember them) well I was pleased and said thank you etc. However the next year, I got a vaguely familiar card. Oh yes, he’d taken it out of the drawer where I kept it and presented it to me again. Then proceeded to argue with all his might that it was a new card! The empty drawer told another tale.

Having a defence even a top barrister would struggle to do anything with, he confessed with unnecessary laughter. I think that was the end of valentines in this house.

Ghost…Spillways

Oh no darksky. I don't know whether to laugh or be shocked to be honest. x

So should Mr Darksky be feeling a little amorous he gets told "you had it last year"

I'm not bad in the kitchen these days but it will be whether we have time with how the days can go if mum needs more help. We haven't decided yet but we might get a Turkey crown since we can make plenty of sandwiches for a few lazy days afterwards. Mum likely won't have any so we might slim down the rest.

I'm getting plenty of practice making a mean bacon, cheese & tomato sandwich at the moment. Mum's favourite right now. We are just happy she is eating again. So was the district nurse.

Alistair Simm is a headmistress to me

I just want to get the presents ordered in the next few days. It will be a big relief. Everything is a big rush this year. I just hope the nurses don't cause any more drama or that will be it for us. I got out today to do any remaining shopping for my brother and his partner (most was from mum & dad) and dad did some on Friday.

I've done cards on the way to work before but it was more due to lack of time than being relaxed. Always take a few extra to work incase someone gives you one on Christmas Eve

Buying online is much easier and mostly reliable but it does take the magic out of Christmas shopping. It's probably ideal for people with anxiety, have a busy schedule or can't get out, so therefore it's a saviour.
    Does anyone enjoy wrapping?
    Bags became the new style wrap and people love them and you can reuse them and give to someone else.
    I remember paper being as thin as tissue and you'd have to cover the pressie with several layers. You could still poke your finger through though, lol.
    A turkey crown is the popular choice today. No one seems to want the leg but they do make a lovely base for casserole. We used to have cold meats and pickles, that's after two days of roasts on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. By the fourth day you just wanted something simple like egg and chips, lol.

A little joke to cheer people up on a miserable rainy day.....

Three men die on Christmas Eve.
    To get into heaven, St Peter says..you must have something on you that represents Christmas.

The first man flicks on his lighter and says...”it’s a candle”...
    St Peter let’s him in...

The second man jingles his keys and says...”they are sleigh bells”
    St Peter let’s him in......

The third man pulls out a g-string and a bra....
    St Peter says...” how do they represent Christmas “
    He replies...

They’re Carols......

Any one one else got a joke or two xx

Lol YNWA

I had to see the GP last week because I had Christmas decorations stuck in my throat. He shone his torch in my mouth and said....

Yes you've got Tinselitis.

From my mothers magazine…

How do Christmas trees get ready for a night out?

They spruce up.

Why are Christmas trees so bad at sewing?

They keep dropping their needles.

What did the three wise men say as they offered up their gold and frankincense?

Wait, there’s myrrh

I can hear you groaning.
    Tell the one about the chess players in the hotel Fishman!

Ghost…Spillways

Page 639 of 693 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689 ... LastLast

Thread Information