Page 654 of 695 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 6942

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

I have to agree with Poppy there Carnation, about Mr C cooking your dinner. Or as frozen, thawing them out and serving them up while you sit in front of the TV.

I hope too that you're soon feeling better Poppy, feeling rough with viruses can really bring us down. Hugs for you both

Thank you fishman

I think I’d have to be on my death bed before I let Mr.D cook for us. Not that he couldn’t but it’s probably a control thing. Get out of my kitchen!

On a positive note in the garden, celandines have their leaves up. I have a cowslip in bloom and a clutch of spring wallflowers.

Ghost…Spillways

Thank you, Fishman. I'm glad there are options for Mrs. F, even if she's not thrilled about being encouraged to exercise.

I am feeling a bit better. I need to go out and spread some wildflower seeds as this is probably my last chance (it will snow tomorrow). But afterward I'm going to lie down with a big bowl of ice cream.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

That's good to hear you are feeling a bit better poppy.
    But maybe pace yourself, I know what you like, you'll start doing chores. Only do what's necessary and what takes little energy.

Darksky, I'm much the same with the kitchen and cooking. Mr C would cook if I asked him and he has done before, but...... I get asked about 20 questions in the process and he makes a hell of a mess.
    The cottage pie was lovely, made from topside beef (the leftovers from the roast).
    Darksky, my wallflowers are full of green, the primroses are out and there are shoots coming up allover, not sure what they are yet.

So I've heard there's going to be another beast from the East on its way. Bringing snow! Think around the middle of this month. Dig out the snow boots, stock up on soups, salt for the paths and bread for the freezer. At least it might bring some brightness to outside.

It definitely seems the time of year for catching things. I thought I had a bit of a cold on Monday, did a LFT and it was negative. Woke up Wednesday feeling rotten so did another and I've got Covid again. I guess a lot of people don't test anymore, but I kind of feel that I should because I work in health care. Fingers crossed it passes soon.

Fishman, my stepdad is still big on the synchronicity of dates relating to when my mum died, but I do think it has gotten easier with time when they do come into his head.

Poppy, you've forgotten about the false equivalence issue:

Man flu suggested treatment
    Plenty of rest, fluids (provided by others), discontinue all forms of work or obligation, outward expression of illness acceptable.

Woman flu suggested treatment
    Just get on with everything as usual and also look after man flu victim, inward expression of illness acceptable.

Lol Terry, sounds about right.
    Strange thing is when me and Mr C were caring we didn't really get ill. Also was surprising because we were in and out of hospitals and care homes on a regular basis.
    It was like nature was providing a shield of protection.

Just what you didn't need catkins. Hopefully the worst of it will be over in a few days. It does leave you depleted with energy though. Take it easy and rest up.

I felt a little better yesterday but I still grabbed myself an early night. Its so easy to stay glued to the TV watching nothing in particular. Talking of TV, have any of you been watching the Bates v Post Office series? You'll never see the P. O. in the same light again and I had a fair amount of tissues flowing watching it, absolutely unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    outward expression of illness acceptable
    More like ‘outward expression of impending death’

The pathetic doe eyes. The grimacing. The continuous soft moaning accelerating periodically into full on cries of agony. The littered remnants of a box of tissues bearing soggy witness to just how much the sniffles ( sorry ‘flu’ ) is affecting their tortured nasal passages. I could go on.
    Mr.D is the worlds worst.

Anyhoo, yes we did watch The Post Office. We also caught the documentary straight after. It does leave your blood boiling. That woman, I forget her name…oooh she should be accountable for her actions and have her CBE forcibly removed. Good on Mr.Bates for refusing his OBE whilst she still has hers. And to think it’s still going on now, with the compensation etc. We were both extremely annoyed by it.

Ghost…Spillways

There's a petition presently in progress to do just that darksky... to strip the CBE from that woman (the name escapes me too). Strange how we remember Mr Bates but easily forget the woman behind the tradegy of people's lives). Mr Bates was also on the Pride of Britain Awards for 2023. I also watched the documentary. You really do have to see it to believe it.
    Not only that, the Horizon system is still in use and I know of two post offices locally that are still having issues, and big amounts. So pleased all of this has been brought to the public eye.

Anyway, back to men sniffling.. Lol, you've described it well darksky. But the most annoying thing if I'm poorly, as I was with the flu last year, Mr C will say I just have a cold and shouldn't be lying around in bed all day. Grrr.

Page 654 of 695 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664 ... LastLast

Thread Information