Page 67 of 692 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Glad you got on well at the optician today & you’re feeling a bit brighter.
    I love chamomile tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Scass
    Have you tried chamomile and honey?

No! Do you just have a squeeze of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Scass, think it's a new one, it's called chamomile and honey tea.

Just checking in as not been on as much recently, Carnation.

It's good to hear MrC is processing it and allowing things to move on in their natural way. I guess he felt absolutely lost? A big part of his life went and he must have felt like there was a big void there, you understand what he is going through from your loss. You adapted and so will he but it's a massive change to life for anyone and with being so involved as carers too it's just suddenly all gone. That must be hard to deal with and I can imagine myself wandering around the house not knowing what I was supposed to be doing.

Anxiety symptoms are a nuisance in more ways than one. I get what you mean about the dizziness and how you can do more intense things and yet it doesn't affect you. With some of my symptoms I can take them off this way but when I'm having blips it can make them worse too. They are very annoying but some you just have to push on with and see if they go as you pay less attention to them (or get relegated by another one ).

Cold splashes I think are known as the dive reflex. It's supposed to reduce adrenaline and help to regulate your breathing (I think) give it a go as it's very accessible (I can just imagine Buster chucking a glass of water in my face now )

Darksky - so they blamed it on the dog, eh?

Hi Terry

Yes, I totally agree with the fact that you find strength and calm to cope with stuff that should be ten times more difficult and then you find yourself going in to the kitchen to make a cup of tea feeling lightheaded, nervously shaking thinking you are going to collapse.
    It could have something to do with focusing as making tea takes very little focus. Let's face it, we make tea when we are half asleep anyway.
    I find the kitchen a cavern of racing thoughts more than any other room.

It's certainly been a difficult time for me the last couple of months especially. I was already going through a blip. (my body tells me that) and with Mr C's mum on top of everything, I've had to take myself back to the beginning, so to speak. Meditation, breathing exercises, physical exercises, relaxation, more sleep, listening to soothing music while I try to draw what should resemble a picture. Clearing the mind and bringing in the calm.
    I'm so bad at keeping these things up and they are so important! I've only started a full regime of care and already notice a massive difference.
    I'm beginning to think anxiety is like a naughty child, if you don't keep a check, it will run riot and play havoc.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Just been to the Care home to pick up the belongings of Mr C's mum and although they kindly left it all in the hallway, the bags were opened and exposed showing her jumpers, tops and slippers giving us a good visual of what she looked like. Why do they do things like this?
    Straight away I said to Mr C that I will put everything in the boot so he didn't have to handle it and left him talking to the staff. And on returning found him welling up while they talked about her as they knew her so well after 1 year.
    He's still upset now and that was over an hour ago.
    Plus it set my dizziness off again.

I don't know why Carnation. It wouldn't have taken a minute to close the bags.

Make time for yourself for sure. You are doing a brilliant job supporting Mr.C but don't neglect yourself. Take time out to breathe. I was going to say do your make up but I'm frightened you'll poke yourself in the eye again.

So everyone agrees about the cold water thing but no ones braving the shower.

Terry, doesn't the dog ALWAYS get blamed for everything. It part of their job. What's that smell.......Urggh the dogs farted...says guilty looking male. Cos it's always men, women fart glitter don't you know

Hi Darksky, hope you and Mr D are not in too much pain.
    I am keeping up my regime of exercising in the morning, meditation, power walking 500 steps, breathing exercises, sitting relaxing trying to draw something worth keeping, then feet up in the evening.

Getting back to the cold water thing...
    I've realised that's why I like sticking my head out the back door on a cold winter's evening. It calms me down.

Thanks for asking Carnation. My rib is actually not as bad as before. Still hurts and sore to touch but loads better. Stopped screaming

Mr.D is fine, just bruised and I've washed his jeans, which oddly didn't smell of wee. I'm not sure this dog isn't totally innocent.

There are times when our dog has what can only be described as "battery acid bum" as it's that bad. But his definitely differ to human ones so I can always tell when someone is lying

Dogs just put up with us though. Unconditional love is what a dog has in abundance.

Glitter, like that pooing unicorn toy they brought out for Christmas?

Page 67 of 692 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread Information