Page 91 of 691 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

It must be the time of year for the spring cleaning , I’m a repressed hoarder, Partner can’t do with clutter so I have seven sheds dotted around , some at a lock up , this week I wrote out a work list for the week but seeing what a mess all my sheds were I thought I’d have a spring clean , I took 60 bike wheels out of one shed 60!! , trouble is I’m from the “ it might come in handy generation “ not the new throw it away .
    I see my mind mind like my sheds , overflowing with stuff I don’t need , wouldn’t it be great if you could have a mind tidy ? My sheds have tools for every job but buried under clutter , my mind has so much clutter of no use , past traumatic experiences I’d rather forget , past regrets that serve no purpose , if we could clear it out life would be so much easier starting each day afresh .
    Darksky , I said I was putting my dogs ashes in the river where he swam but partner and daughters said it was too cold , three years on he’s still on the book case in the living room , I give him a pat every now and then .
    is that vulva the estate version or hatchback ? Pretty sure nothing should be glued underneath.

Hi Buster,

Darksky and myself are not spring cleaning, we are moving! Not together, but hey, I'm open to new options.
    It's ok Darksky, just joking!
    And if you knew my partner, he's glued nearly everything that doesn't sit down except for me.

Buster.....the old 'it might come in handy' brigade has a member in you I see. My OH is a fully paid up member too. Non members of this elite club are driven mad by your antics In our garage I found a plastic bread tray full of old taps, door hinges, gate latches and various pieces of copper piping too small to be of use....but 'you never know'
    At least I managed to get the shirt pile down to about 30. My next target is the 8 pairs of black work trousers he'll never wear again.

i can see that happening with Ginge, I will be reluctant to let him go in the end and he will stay in the sideboard. If in doubt what to do...do nothing.
    Anyway, I'm off to B and q to get some no more nails for the tiny bits of skirting. Will probably end up in Dunelm trying to convince OH we need another pointless cushion. Cushions and candles are my Achilles heel.

catch you later

Ghost…Spillways

Darksky don't tell Buster that, he'll be round buying the contents of your garage. He can't resist a bargain.

Ah yes, cushions. Let me have a quick count up. Pause...
    30! From butterflies, 'there's no place like home', ones with poetry to a giant one that you could use as a pillow and fall asleep, which is what I do on many evenings.
    Books are the next thing on my list, oh my, this could take some time.

P. S. How do you get rid of cushions, I need them!

Just popped out this afternoon in between the hailstones.
    Went in to a shop that I didn't want to go in, but Mr C did. (The things you do for love).
    Had a head rush, stayed calm, left the shop like nothing happened, proceeded to the mini supermarket and finished off by having a 99' ice-cream by the sea.
    There, take that anxiety!

30 cushions?!!! Where does MrC sit?

This reminds me of the sketch in the BBC comedy Coupling where Steve is being pushed by his GF Susan into making a decision on fabrics & sofas

from the BBC TV series "Coupling," written by Steven Moffat
    Steve: What is this?
    Susan: It's a cushion.
    Steve: Right. Yes. Thank you for that. Very informative.
    (to Jeff)
    Steve: You got any of these?
    Jeff : No.
    Steve: Of course you haven't.
    (to shop assistant)
    Steve: You - are you married? Living with anyone?
    Junior Shop Assistant: No.
    Steve: Got any of these?
    Junior Shop Assistant No.
    Steve: Of course not. Okay!
    (to the women)
    Steve: You bring these things into our homes. They sit on our chairs. They watch our televisions. Now, I just need to know, on behalf of all men everywhere, I just need to ask, please... What are they for? I mean, look at them! Look at the chubby little b astards! Just sitting around everywhere! What are they, pets for chairs?
    (to shop assistants)
    Steve: Come on, you sell them. What are they for?
    Junior Shop Assistant: Well...
    Senior Shop Assistant: You sit on them.
    Steve: Ah! Ha ha ha! You see, that's where you're wrong! Nobody sits on them. Okay, watch this. Here's the cushion. I'm putting it on the sofa. Now watch me. I'm stting down. And what do I do on my final approach? I - oh! - move the cushion! You see? It's not involved! It's not part of the whole sitting process. It just lies there. It's fat litter! It's a sofa parasite!
    Jane: It's, you know... padding.
    Steve: Oh, padding! Now, that's interesting, Jane. See, I like padding. If I was, say, an American Football player, and all those big b astards running at me, I would say "give me some of that padding and be quick about it." If my job involved bouncing down jagged rocks I would say "in view of those jagged rocks down there, I'll have some of that padding, thank you very much." But Susan, Sally, Jane, this is a sofa. It is designed by clever scientists in such a way as to shield the unprotected user from the risk of skin abrasions, serious head trauma, and, of course... (drops behind sofa, then sticks head out) Daleks. Trust me girls, trust me on this one: you do not need padding to tackle upholstery. So please - once and for all, tell me why on Earth you would want me to sit on one of these?
    Susan: Because, if you pressed it firmly against your bottom, it might stop you talking!

Lee Evans does something similar about women and pointless candles. How no one is allowed to light them on pain of death because they are for decoration purposes only. I laugh because it's true.
    Cushions are not just for sitting on, they are a vital part of the rooms decor. Cushions need to go on every sofa in the house, every chair in the house and also they must be tastefully arranged in groups of at least three on every bed in the house. It's the law.

i didn't get one today but I have my eye on a new light shade for the dining room. B and Q have an offer on 6 large wallflower plants for 6 quid. It would have been rude not to

Glad you showed anxiety who was boss this afternoon Mrs.C. Whoop it's ass

Ghost…Spillways

Oh no, don't mention plants Darksky, that's another one of my weaknesses.

Terry, enjoyed the sketch.
    But you men just don't understand the importance of cushions which is why Mr C takes them off and puts them on the floor to sit down while I cradle myself into a nice little snug.
    And a bed is not a bed without cushions.

Had a bit of a rough day today , first the wind broke the gate hinge , then the door handle came off in my hand , then we had a water leak, it was only a small leak and I’m sure a small piece of copper pipe would have fixed it but I had none of the aforementioned items , at least I was comfortable on my partners 30 odd cushions , we are all only two paydays away from storing bottles of wee in the fridge , I’ve seen it .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Had a bit of a rough day today , first the wind broke the gate hinge , then the door handle came off in my hand , then we had a water leak, it was only a small leak and I’m sure a small piece of copper pipe would have fixed it but I had none of the aforementioned items , at least I was comfortable on my partners 30 odd cushions , we are all only two paydays away from storing bottles of wee in the fridge , I’ve seen it .
    Your best yet Busteryou made me spit out my cider

Ghost…Spillways

Page 91 of 691 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread Information