Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sucess in the past 6 months

My Sucess in the past 6 months

I dont know if any of you will remember me as i havent been on much here in the past 6 months but for those of you who do here is a brief history of what been happening to me.

Around november time i decided to go back onto my meds as i was going through such a bad time again the panic and anxiety was at its highest and i was drinking and awful lot to try and calm me down, my life was a mess , my kids didnt know really who there mum was as i was so wrapped up in myself and my anxiety, my home life was a shambles, i hated my job, basically i was a complete and utter mess. well idecided to go back on meds and was prescribed this time prozac, i was very apprehensivre about taking it but with a little encouragment from my freinds on here i started taking it. at first the side effects where awful, insomnia, vivid dreams etc but after a while i started picking up and started to feel normal again. once i had got back into a good frame of mind i decided i needed to stop drinking, and again i hve suceeded, i havent drank since november, ( dont get me wrong if i am out i have a drink but waht i mean is i am not drinking a bottle of wine a night lol)
    I then had st start putting my family as my priority and stop thinking about my anxiety all the time, i started by telling my friends on here that i wouldnt be able to speak to them for a while and that was the hardest thing i had to do, but i had no choice, if i hadnt of cut ties for a while i would still be where i was i think, because i needed to fend for myself and not rely on others( dont get me wrong this was what worked for me and may not work for others) i really missed my friends on here but i needed to concentrate on everything around me at first it was really hard not coming on here, i felt like i had withdrawal symptons lol, but after a while i got used to it and i started to enjoy playing with my kids and i even took up card making to pre occupy myself.

the next thing was my job, i absolutly hated my job and i used to panic all the time in work, so i eventually went for an interview within another government department, got the job and i have been there now for 6 weeks, and i love it.

my kids have got there mum back, my partner has got his girl back, i have got a new job and i dont drink to get me through the day and although i am not fully recovered and i am still on meds my life is a hell of a lot better, i think i needed to do one thing at a time and then it all eventually fell into pleace.

i would like to thanks all me friends on here for being so understanding towards my situation, they gave me the space that i needed. i think you are all great and you are always thought of, even though i am not often here you are always in my thoughts.

good luck to everyone and believe me this can be beaten it took me three years and i am still recovering but there is a life out there you just have to work out a way to go forward.

take care

Ruth x x x x x x x x

Re: My Sucess in the past 6 months

aww ruth that sounds great
    good luck hun and keep god work up
    bellxx

Hi Ruth

Thanks for dropping by to let us know how things are going, so pleased to hear of all your great achievements and how things are getting back on track for you. knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel gives us all hope.

WELL DONE !!

love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Well done Ruth for being so proactive!!!

All the best
    love Piglet

You're an inspiration Ruth,

so pleased for you - and thank you for sharing your very good news !!

oh well done you!
    what a lovely post to read...
    you have done sooooo well
    rach

Ruth you have no idea hun how pleased I am for you your a great lady and have been a great friend to me although tbh I'd be the wisest of the two I miss our sensible chats lol and I bet you miss my very posh voice A big big well done to you hun and big hugs for you and your family from me chuck xxxxx

P.S. BOOOOOOOOO HA GOT YE FIRST LALALALALA. XXX

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hi Ruth,

Wow and great well done to you hun. I am so happy for you. Of course you have been so missed but I am pleased that you have done so much for yourself. Thanks so much for checking in and letting us hear about your progress and the great successes you have achieved. Good luck for the future.

Hugs,

Laura

Ruth

How lovely to hear from you and so pleased things are going so well for you.

A HUGE well done to you and what a great thread to read.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thankyou all for you lovely replies, it means so much too me. I really wanst expecting any replies, i just wanted to shed a little light on whats been happening to me and show that things can work out eventually and maybe help others that are going through really bad times becuse believe me i have been there and had almost every sympton imaginable. Right i have to go out now im taking the kids to there summer fair, there is another first i wouldnt have attempted to go on my own before but now there is no stopping me!!!!!!!!

thanks again, and remember think positive and one day at a time and one thing at a time.

take care

ruth x x x x x x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information