Thread: Chest Pain When Breathing

Chest Pain When Breathing

Hello Everyone,

When I woke up this morning, I had somewhat sharp pains when breathing. In the few hours I have been awake, they have dissipated and I feel a lot better and can breathe deeply with no pain. Maybe some mild mild soreness but no sharp pain

Does anyone know what causes?

I googled symptoms and it came up as pneumonia. Now I have just recently got over a cold that was mild but that was last week. Shouldn't pneumonia come right after? The cough I had from the cold lingered for about a week but then went away. W

Also I had some mild coughing as well after it went away. I think I am focusing on these symptoms to the point where they are perhaps manifesting symptoms like coughing that weren't there before?

I am 26 male. Don't smoke/drink exercise regularly although I have bad hypochondria. What are the risk factors for pneumonia?

Now I feel somewhat bad. This anxiety has just come out nowhere. Its terrible.
    Last edited by THoltz; 22-02-18 at 13:56.

Re: Chest Pain When Breathing

Hi , I am no doctor and this is not medical advice but I think if you had pneumonia the pain and other symptoms would have not dissipated after an hour or two . DON'T GOOGLE . How many times do you see that on here , stay away from diagnosing yourself on the internet . See your doctor if you are concerned.

I would guess in my non medical option is that you have slept in an awkward position and it's caused muscle tightness.

I know people who had pneumonia pains certainly don't go away within a few hours. Cough is a real hacking cough with lots of funky thick green mucus, you definitely would be quite ill if it was pneumonia.

So the pain went away several weeks ago but has resurfaced today. It started yesterday evening a bit and continues today but is not severe.. It still comes and go’s. Could this be a muscle spasm or something?

I went to the doctor the first time and he didn’t think it was pneumonia. I googled this symptom now and collapsed lung come up. I had a friend that had a collapsed lung and he was hospitalized.

What does everyone think?

Thread Information