Thread: Hi, new member!

Hi, new member!

I found this forum by chance and I'm glad I did! To sum things up I've been suffering with anxiety for 3 to 4 years since I lost my wife to cancer. The strange thing is that for the 8 years that she battled with it I didn't suffer with anything other than an odd hangover! I'm 44 by the way! But now I get all sorts of things related to what I believe is anxiety / depression. It worries me because despite the loss of my wife who I loved with all my heart, I now have a new partner who I am very happy and truly in love with, I have a good job, a nice house, nice cars, some money in the bank etc. etc. but these mental problems just won't go away. I had a really bad panic attack about a year after my wife died which ended up with me in A&E. I really thought I was going to die! Before this I had no clue that this episode would be the start of my anxiety / depression journey but here I am posting on here! I generally keep things in check but just recently I have been getting this weird pushing feeling on the top of my head which is accompanied by dizzy spells and feelings of being spaced out and I get this strange out of body feeling which is really hard to describe. I did have the flu over Christmas and it took until the end of January to fully clear up so I do wonder if this head feeling is an after effect as I have been a bit bunged up but I also wonder if it's anxiety related? I've had my blood pressure checked and it is higher than normal but I do wonder whether this is due to my current lack of fitness and recent weight gain. I have embarked on a healthy eating regime and intend on getting myself back in to the gym but with the way I'm feeling at the moment I have no idea when that will be. I can't even imagine getting on a tread mill or lifting weights right now and this alone is getting me down. Anyway, if anyone can relate to this current condition I would welcome any support but in the meantime I (oddly) look forward to reading through the forum posts and threads. See you around!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Flapper and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi, new member!

Good morning Flapper.

First let me say, sorry for you and your families loss. The stress of going through such a tough journey can cause delayed stress to occur. My best suggestion would be to stay proactive. Even if you don't feel like the gym, simply go for a short walk, take your companion with you or a friend. It doesn't have to be anything intense or serious, just a walk.

Also follow your doctor's advice on the best course of treatment for your high blood pressure, let's not ignore that. I am not going to down play how you are feeling, I'm happy to read you are being proactive. Keep up the good work, maybe check into trying meditation or yoga. NMP has some excellent helps on all this things. Also don't be shy about being open about how you feel. NMP forum is a great sounding broad for whatever's troubling you.

Best to you on your journey Flapper. Be well my friend.

Thread Information