Thread: My Sertraline experience :)

My Sertraline experience :)

I've been on Sertraline for over a month now. It started off horrible but got better and better. The first week i started on 25mg (which is a very low dose) i didn't notice anything good or bad on 25mg. Then after a week i went up to 50mg and felt like hell. I felt more depressed and tired etc on 50mg.

After 3 weeks i went down to 25mg again and felt great. I had some really good days and thankfully on this medication my libido is good too. The last few days i havn't been feeling so great tho and i'm wondering if 25mg is too low of a dosage.. I'm thinking about upping to 75mg but thinking about how bad i felt on 50mg im not sure what to do

Would it be worth it trying 75mg? Is anyone else on very low dosage of Sertraline? maybe im more sensitive to higher dosage

Re: My Sertraline experience :)

I am taking Sertraline 100mg and have been for 3 weeks..... it was a straight swap from 40mg Citalopram.

With any SSRI med you are going to get side effects going up in dose..... they will probably not be as bad as when you firsst started taking them but you will probably get them.

If you feel that medication is the right route for you and you feel that the dose isn't quite cutting it then maybe you should go up a dose.

Why are you thinking 75mg and not going back to the 50mg?

Also SSRI's take many weeks to actually help properly.... when I was on citalopram it took me bout 8 weeks to feel properly better.

If you decide to go up a dose then obviously consult your doctor and also stick with it... the side effects should subside the more the dose gets into your system.

Emmz.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

and yes 25mg is a really low dose.... maybe not enough to do much good (maybe a placebo feeling? ) I think the therapeutic dose of Sert is 50mg and above but not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239
    Lol I was just about to do that after I replied.... but you beat me too it!!

I am currently on my second week with this drug. I started the first week at 50mg and had some noticeable side effects and was fearful of upping to 100mg. I finally manned up and started the 100mg (50mg twice a day) and I do feel some side effects such as shakiness and chills, which I had the first few days at 50. Hopefully these will go away in a day or two also (been at 100 for two days now). Can't wait to be able to drive without feeling like I am going to black out.

Thread Information