Thread: Conventional or “natural”

Conventional or “natural”

The frequency of attacks or spells and how much it’s impacting my life has brought me to a place of integrating western medication (Lexapro) with my therapy, craniosacral therapy etc. It has also been suggested I see an herbalist instead of taking the Lexapro. I feel so GUILTY for some stupid reason if I decide to take the Lexapro, like I’m giving in to just take a pill. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Conventional or “natural”

This may be a cultural thing as I have found Americans to be more willing to accept antidepressants long term than we do over here but I think changing your attitude towards them helps. Taking them is a not a failure, change that thinking to it just being a med you would take to help you work on getting better like you may with anything physical e.g. you may take a PPI until you get yourself into a better daily diet.

Herbals can be helpful. You do need to check they are compatible with your med as some aren't. The interaction checker on Drugs.com is useful for this although it won't have everything as not all herbals are featured. So, you may need advice from a pharmacist on occasion.

A good place to look at herbals is examinesupplements.com. They detail if there are credible studies behind anything they review.

Thread Information