Thread: New member

Hi, just joined , found out about this from Eleanor Morgan’s Anxiety for beginners book. Have always been a worrier, think my anxiety started about 3 years ago, always have stomach problems and explored medical diagnoses and had tests but nothing found. Started getting extreme bouts of nausea and after a while realised there was a pattern - usually involved eating out. Had CBT last year and seemed to have eased off but going away for Xmas caused a lot of anxiety- stomach, dizzy spells, difficulties swallowing, constant mind chatter ( for years) ringing in ears. Realise the extreme nausea bouts are probably panic attacks as also experience the disassociation people describe. Had one on Monday during late Valentine’s Day outing. Male, 55, happily married , kids, decent job. Can’t think how this has happened. Health anxiety meant I was convinced I had something serious wrong with me but as all symptoms can be explained by anxiety almost relieved and now need to learn how to cope better. Never had mediction but might go to drs unless things calm down.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Andrewb10 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information