Thread: Hi need help

Hi need help

Hi im 36 years old from Australia.
    Guess I'll start at the beginning. Around a year ago I think they call it micro cheating and my wife left me from here my life he gone downhill. I moved back in with my mum and started a new job hoping would help take my mind off things. I would try and talk to to my wife on the phone every day while driving between jobs but was always met with abuse and reminding me how bad I was. I figured it was going to be over forever and slept with the girl that I had messed things up with and a month later she was pregnant. Then my wife rang me soon after saying we will get through this and forgives me I had to tell her about the pregnancy and can guess how that went down. From here in I started having panic attacks driving through tunnels and would do everything to avoid then it was being stuck in traffic and continued to get worse till now I get panic driving any more then a few kms from home or anywhere that I feel a ambulance could not reach me quickly. Now the panic and feeling sick is so bad I have it no matter where I am even at home I have seen doctors they said it's anxiety I even seen a pycoligist but I feel no better. I believe this is my punishment for what I have done I am trying to make things work with the other girl but I also believe I resent them my life is such a mess I am facing losing my job I need this over if I am to continue life. Not good at writing hope this makes sense

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya RickyAus and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi need help

Hi Ricky
    Sounds like you have gone through it but you are young enough to pull all this around i find with anxiety i go back into the past a lot and all the what ifs but the past is something we can not change just learn from it ... for me living one day at a time works well and give your self credit where deserved when driving turn it round to thinking i did that and i was ok and im safe rather then the negative side ... we can make new memories each day ... i strongly believe if things are meant to be they have a way of working out regarding relationships .... stay strong there will be lots of good things ahead for you ... anxiety and panic is not nice but we do get through it its just finding ways to deal with it and talking is one of the best ways

It's so hard I startle every time I am almost asleep i have chest pains when I lay down my guts are a mess I have to sit up till I reach the point where I can't keep my eyes open then every night I wake back up around 3am in a panic. I am taking st John's wort 2 times a day because anti depressants scare me. I know all this is in my head but my stupid brain just won't leave it alone.

You are going through a tough time Ricky dont beat yourself up have a look at guided relaxation meditations on you tube there is some good ones but go for something that their voice doesnt get on your nerves !

I agree with the others. You’ve been through something quite traumatic, as you need to stop blaming yourself this way.
    Watching muscle relaxation exercises on YouTube is a great start. Also finding out how to control your breathing will really help with the driving. You could also learn some mindfulness techniques that will help you to re-focus your mind when the driving anxiety starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information