Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondering if I need to go to urgent care

Wondering if I need to go to urgent care

So, I started getting a sore throat about two days ago. Yesterday the soreness went away, but the chest congestion and difficulty breathing, stuffy/runny nose began last night. I barely got any sleep because I couldn't breathe. I don't have a temperature at all, no body aches. Just the chest and face stuff. I'm starting to freak out thinking that it's the flu, and that's why I can't breathe! UGH help me out here.

Re: Wondering if I need to go to urgent care

You'd be really sick (fever, aches etc.) if it were the flu. Try Mucinex for the congestion. If the mucous continues to be an issue and/or is green/yellow, it could be a sign of infection. If it doesn't resolve in a week or so call your doctor but I don't think it warrants a visit to urgent care.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks so much for your reply! I keep telling myself that I don't have a temp, or the body aches, just more of the sinus stuff. This stuffy nose is no joke though! I don't think I have ever had it this bad! So uncomfortable

I would not go to urgent care for that. Sounds like you have a cold and a stuffed up nose. That's it.

Sounds like a bad cold really. Even if it WAS flu, you don't need to go to urgent care.

So I thought it was just a cold, I mean, it could still be. But, I took my temp and it was elevated, and I'm starting to get some little body aches. WHY am I so scared of it being the flu?! I'm absolutely terrified! I've been staying on top of taking ibuprofen, and drinking tons of water. Guys, I'm going bat **** crazy over here.

You are scared because the media has hyped you all up over there We've had loads of flu threads on here, and loads of people who have had flu....and not lost one of them

Over here we're more in the grip of the Killer Chiller or the Beast from the East aka Winter weather. Flu obsession appears to have taken a back seat for the time being.

Haha I would much rather have cold weather than whatever I have right now!

Maybe some Vick’s vapor rub would help. Also, have you tried a sinus rinse with distilled water?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information