Thread: Pancreatic Cancer Health Anxiety

Question Pancreatic Cancer Health Anxiety

Hello all,

This is only my second post on this site, however I have visited the site probably 100's of times. Recently I have been having abdominal pain, I saw a Gastro doctor. They preformed an endoscopy, CBC and abdominal ultrasound.

Endoscopy was good with slight inflammation in 2 areas but nothing concerning.

CBC as the doctor said was "perfect".

Abdominal Ultrasound showed "mild enlargement of my liver" and a 3mm polyp on my gallbladder. Again the doctor assured me that the liver is probably not at all enlarged and can't be measured in 1 clear image so these measurements are usually off because of the angle at which the technician took the images.

My pancreas was seen in the ultrasound and was reported as normal.

All other organs normal (kidneys, spleen, stomach)

HOWEVER- I am still worrying I have pancreatic cancer. I have googled 100000's of times and I am aware it is rare and that I am also too young for the common diagnosed age (I am a 31 year old female).

How do I make this STOP!!! Would you say this ultrasound should be enough to calm my fears??? I have been through this before with other diseases.... I wish I could let this one pass.

Anxiety/Hypochondria- Returned
    Current Treatments:
    CBT- Current
    Biofeedback- Current
    Daily Meditation- Current
    Exercise- 30 min 5 days a week
    CBD Oil- CW Hemp
    Pod Cast Listing To- The Anxiety Guy

Re: Pancreatic Cancer Health Anxiety

Girl I know how you feel. Even with tests there's that lingering fear that maybe it'll be something sinister. Looking up information about this type of cancer though is only making the matter worse; it's changing your perception. Most people would tell you that there is no way you could have this because of how unlikely it is, which is true. If the doctor isn't concerned it is a very good sign, worst case scenario get a second opinion, which very likely will help prove further that you're okay. I've been in the same boat using Google to change my perception. I have had this lingering feeling of a possible sarcoma that is extremely rare but there's always that small fear. My heart goes out to you because I have the same feelings! Hope over time you'll feel better and learn to trust Google less.

Re: Pancreatic Cancer Health Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by gflanagan86 View Post
    Endoscopy was good with slight inflammation in 2 areas but nothing concerning.

CBC as the doctor said was "perfect".

How do I make this STOP!!! Would you say this ultrasound should be enough to calm my fears??? I have been through this before with other diseases.... I wish I could let this one pass.
    Hi, this is a great result, the tests don't lie and the ultrasound was accurate, your pancreas was all normal.

You have to celebrate this result and let the doubt go. You're 31 and have your whole life ahead of you.

ps. there is a specific blood test for the panrceas, I guess you've had this and was normal too. Turmeric supplements are good for the bile ducts and pancreas, so grab some of these for added health.

Thread Information