Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going cold turkey

Saw psychiatrist today : going cold turkey

Finally saw one at the local hospital and he'd actually read my notes. He is toying with the idea that I may have a mild form of Bi-polar or a personality disorder. He is reducing the Mirtazapine to 30mg and getting me to take 200mg slow release Quetiapine plus 100 mg fast release Quetiapine - all at night instead of split between night and morning. I am praying that he is right because there are some more effective treatments for these and it would explain why I am not getting any better. I am going into a suicide respite centre for 5 days next week and then seeing the shrink again on the 12th. He also wants me to see a psychologist for some proper talking therapy which I've never had. I am hanging onto a little bit of hope but I am still very frightened with waves of panic.

Re: Saw psychiatrist today : going cold turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Greycylinder View Post
    Finally saw one at the local hospital and he'd actually read my notes. He is toying with the idea that I may have a mild form of Bi-polar or a personality disorder. He is reducing the Mirtazapine to 30mg and getting me to take 200mg slow release Quetiapine plus 100 mg fast release Quetiapine - all at night instead of split between night and morning. I am praying that he is right because there are some more effective treatments for these and it would explain why I am not getting any better. I am going into a suicide respite centre for 5 days next week and then seeing the shrink again on the 12th. He also wants me to see a psychologist for some proper talking therapy which I've never had. I am hanging onto a little bit of hope but I am still very frightened with waves of panic.
    My doctors diagnosed me with PTSD and borderline personality disorder because i kept getting nightmares and cutting myself.

I know it's not for everyone but after 7 years the mirtazipine and seroquil is a great combination. They are both known to make you sleepy so i think your doctor was spot on with his adjustments during the day!!

I also take lithium and prazosin. And my nightmares are pretty much gone and my urge to self harm has reduced tremendously

Im glad you were able to see him and i hope this adjustment works for you!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Re: going cold turkey

Thank you for replying. I will be completely compliant with this doctor because I trust him. He was very good at explaining things and took time to make sure I knew what he was doing. He was very reassuring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information