Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to live in?

What would you like to live in?

Hope this thread gets lots of replies. I'll start the ball rolling For me it would have to be a Victorian House not necessarily big but would have to have all the original fixtures and fittings in too like gas lights and the gentle hiss and glow from them fire places etc. The other thing I would love to live in and it's quirky all right would be a old style signal box one they are quite high up so you get nice views and they can be quite roomy inside too some are as long as 60+ ft and would even go as far as wanting some, if not all of the original equipment in sounds quirky all right but I would be in my element for sure Now whats yours? ATB

Re: What would you like to live in?

When we lived in East Germany a guy who my husband worked with lived in a converted signal box with his wife and 2 Kids, they loved it! My ideal home is the one I'm living in now in Wales, a bungalow by the sea But i've lived in some really awful places over the years too.

Cath ☺ x

Victorian Cottage, but with all the mod cons inside, but keeping the character of the property and with a garden adorned with colourful flowers and my favourite tree; a willow. Set in a friendly village and amenities you could walk to with quaint places to sit with views of tranquillity.

In a different Country, maybe a treehouse.

An old fashioned cottage, in West Yorkshire (Haworth)with a proper fire place and old fashioned furniture.
    Must have toilet downstairs and upstairs.
    A conservatory with blinds. A hot tub outside, and a secret garden.
    Food shops nearby and a Chinese take a way up the road.

In Scotland in an old cottage, on the side of a Loch, with no other properties in sight. It would have an open fire in every room, with a mooring for a boat and a couple of motocross bikes to rip about on my 10 acres of land.

A lighthouse, but an old one that doesn't have a working light.....as that would be a bit annoying after a while. The idea of round rooms and a sea view is so appealing, with plenty of rocks to watch seals and seabirds.
    Last edited by Carys; 28-02-18 at 17:53.

I'd love to live in a nice stone farmhouse
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Excellent replies Cath did you ever see the converted signal box? Sounds really nice like I said previously would like a old signal box to live in and even better with a old railway line running next to it that would be my heaven keep them coming ATB

My wife and I are watching a series on Netflix about oceanfront homes in the UK, Scotland etc. WOW! Gorgeous! As beautiful as they are, give me a custom log cabin with a view of the Blue Ridge here in Virginia (like this one) One can always dream right?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 28-02-18 at 20:53.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've always had dreams of weird and wonderful places to live and doing what I do I visit a lot of fantastic homes , a recent one was an old railway cottage in Derbyshire, it had the best views of the valley and the old chap lived alone since losing his wife but wouldn't move because of the views from his conservatory where he spent a lot of his time , he said when he first moved in steam trains used to go past lighting up the night sky .
    For me either a log cabin in a wood self sufficient would be good , or something bizarre like a London double decker on top of a cliff overlooking the sea , as long as it pis@ed off the local council I'd be content .
    Loved how specific magics list was , I think she's had this dream house a while
    As for the Victorian house ours is and with no central heating , we have to huddle round the fridge with the door open to get warm , seriously cannot afford to heat the house ,boo shiver hoo .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information