Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baby is here!

Re: Baby is here!

Hi all, sorry for delayed response. I am hanging in there. My anxiety goes up with lack of sleep, but when I do manage to get some naps in here and there I feel a lot better. So I think it is just adjustment and finding ways to take care of myself. My husband goes back to work next week, so I'm a little nervous about that as we have been taking turns napping/watching baby. We'll see how it goes. I have had some health anxiety re: baby, but trying to keep it in check. That also is much better when I am more rested.

Thanks for asking

Hi all, just posting an update as I have been so busy focusing on my girl to be online at all! We are doing really well. She is almost 3 months old - how did that happen so fast?! She is absolutely wonderful, smiling all the time and growing so fast.

I go back to work on Monday and am struggling with the return, but it has to happen. I worry about her forgetting who I am because I will be working 4 10 hour days a week and the having 3 full days off. By the time I get home, she (should) be in bed. I am trying to focus on the positive - for now, she will mostly be with my husband on the days I am at work except for a few days where he will be traveling for his job. On those days she will be with her grandfather (my dad) or my mother-in-law will come down and stay with us so she will be with people who love her. It is good for me to have 3 full days off with her as well, and I do need to get out and be around adults again.

Being a mom is exhausting for sure, but I never knew I could love this much! I wouldn't change it for the world.

Hi, lovely to hear an update. I know time is just flying by. Hope going back to work goes as smoothly as possible
    XX

Hi , glad to hear you and your daughter are doing ok and you are coping with motherhood, it won't be long before you are saying should she be walking yet ? Talking yet ? We all ask those questions .
    She definitely won't forget you and absence makes the heart grow fonder, she will soon be grandads little girl hope he's not a bad influence like me with my granddaughter
    Good luck with the return to work and good luck in general.
    Take care

I'm so happy for you swgrl x

Thank you, Vicky, Carnation, and Buster It's nice to hear from you! Buster, let's just say her grandpa recently gave my nephews squirt guns and encouraged them to use them inside my sister's house. She wasn't too pleased But that's what grandparents are for, right? The fun stuff! I'm sure you had some positive influences on your granddaughter as well

Wishing all of you the best

You sound very happy, swgrl09! Wishing you all the very best for your return to work-you will have the best of both worlds with your daughter being cared for by loving relatives and you having some time to be "yourself" in a work environment again xx

Congratulations!! And what a beautiful name you gave her

Get that thought out of your head - we never forget our mums! I believe there is a bond there that comes from being a mum and I often wonder if sons are more closely connected to their mums?

It's bound to be difficult to adjust back to work, I bet it's the same for many a non anxious person too. It's also a big change having to combine it all as opposed to concentrating on your baby. I wonder if you will return to lots of fawning mums in the workplace and loads of "awws"?

Glad to hear everything is going well. I bet the grandparents can't wait to look after her too. Your James Bond husband won't be jet setting quite as much though I bet?

Hi everybody ... can’t believe how fast time is going by. I have been so busy being a mom and working and apologize for basically disappearing into thin air! I hope you are all doing well. My daughter is 9 months old. How did that happen?? We love her so much! Hope you all are hanging in there with the holidays upon us. Luckily my husband isn’t traveling much for work this year so that’s been a huge help. I’m still at my job and love it - thank god after the mess I went through before!! Hope to say hi more than every 6 months but who knows lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information