Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling desperate- pancreatic cancer

Re: Feeling desperate- pancreatic cancer

It is so incredibly unlikely to be pancreatic cancer. A 1 in 20,000 chance. (Genuine statistics). But why not get checked out, in case you have something else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    It is so incredibly unlikely to be pancreatic cancer. A 1 in 20,000 chance. (Genuine statistics). But why not get checked out, in case you have something else going on.
    I wouldn't think that ibs would cause non stop left side back pain....the pain feels like something swollen that somewhat burns inside.....
    I've read several stories on here of people who new friends or family that had pc in their 40's.....
    I don't want to leave my family or this world.....I love life....
    I sit here in pain wondering what my future holds. .....

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    Has anyone on these forums been actually diagnosed with pc ?
    I have every symptom except jaundice so far.....Im scared for my life every second......I'm in constant pain.....scale 5 to 6 as of the moment.....everything I eat makes my stomach grumble.....I've had diarrhea for over a week....

What worries me more than any of you guys with the pc fear is I think I'm developing diabetes after losing weight etc....
    I've had this pain for 8 months....
    This is no way to live.....I have no life....
    In the time I've been on the boards, I know of three people that have been diagnosed with cancer. All are doing well and none were PC. PC is an aggressive cancer. In the time your thread has been going, you would be extremely ill by now. Everything you describe goes right along with digestive issues exasperated by anxiety. Treat the root of the problem along with diet modifications like the FODMAP diet.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 22-08-19 at 13:32.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    In the time I've been on the boards, I know of three people that have been diagnosed with cancer. All are dong well and none were PC. PC is an aggressive cancer. In the time your thread has been going, you would be extremely ill by now. Everything you describe goes right along with digestive issues exasperated by anxiety. Treat the root of the problem along with diet modifications like the FODMAP diet.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fishmanpa I enjoy your help and replies....you are an asset to this forum.....

With all due respect I don't see how digestive issues would cause the constant left side back pain, non-stop burning thigh pain, blurry vision etc....I seem to be the only one on here that has diabetes symptoms with the pc fear.....

I'm one of the few people on here that has a very very strong fear of seeing doctors especially with this pc symptoms I have.....I don't want to be told any bad news......

Believe me, BadCompany, you're not the only one who's scared of seeing doctors. I neglected a very obvious skin tumour for half a decade before seeking medical help, and I'm so bad with hospitals I ignored an elbow injury that eventually shed a bone chip from the scab.

The vast majority of people on here are scared s***less, and the vast majority of HA people here have symptoms they believe to be serious to terminal. I'm most definitely one of them. However, I recognise that definite terror is a heck of a lot worse than the vague, fuzzy possibility of physical ill-health.

With all due respect......
    I went to GP and explained my symptoms......he said pancreas does not cause back pain.....he felt around my abdomen and said it was not tender.....I told him my research said otherwise......he stopped and looked at me and said that he was a doctor of 25 years and knew what he was talking about.......
    So he gave me several xrays and a regular cbc blood work that came back normal.....with normal biliburine and liver numbers.....
    Your other symptoms can be attributed to your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Your other symptoms can be attributed to your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    I'm not sure.....even when I get distracted the pain is still there and sometimes worse.....I wonder why I'm getting more symptoms........I pray I'm still here by Christmas and beyond.......

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Mine is going into year 2. So big! But she is still my little baby. Xxx
    Of course she is! So is mine.

Sorry for the thread hijack x

It's not a hijack...More a therapeutic intervention!

And my little baby is 28! Age ain't nothing but a number (says the OAP!)

I'm not sure.....even when I get distracted the pain is still there and sometimes worse.....I wonder why I'm getting more symptoms........I pray I'm still here by Christmas and beyond.......
    Have you got a history of health anxiety or any other anxiety disorder?

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information