Thread: After several years of coping, HA returns! Cancerous/Cardiac fears

After several years of coping, HA returns! Cancerous/Cardiac fears

Hiya everyone, after confidently coping with my HA for some years now, i am being swamped by this fear.
    I have had a niggling pain in my left shoulder blade for over week now, intermittent, some times worst than others, it feels like its in the blade, then the back sometimes etc, as i type this, it feels like its midly in the right.
    I am in my head convinced its some sort of lung cancer, which then swaps to being an early indicator im going to have a heart attack.
    I have no red flags, in terms of weight loss, fatigue etc. I am getting over the cold thats been going around and im aware that can add to the soreness, but this is HA and its not simple. I am working 9-5, i am 29 and i exercise 3 times a week (last week i didn't as i was poorly) I dont have a cough, no changes to bowls, no loss of appetite (my belly is rumbling right now) and i only get short of breath when i get anxious, as i say i zumba twice a week and im ok with that like its tiing but no more than a normal person. Im writing this quite calmly but in my head i am 100% freaking out at work, ive applied heat to it and took painkillers but not much joy. I would gp to the doctors but after reading so many failed diagnosis stories lately im apprehensive. EUGH this is literally the worst.

Re: After several years of coping, HA returns! Cancerous/Cardiac fears

Hi-30 yr old here. Same left shoulder blade pain. Comes and goes. I’ve been told it’s tension of the trapezius muscle that runs through your neck and down to you shoulder blade. It’s scary. Scared me to pieces. I find that if I feel it and don’t fight the thought, just kind of say, “oh here it is again, no worries,” I handle it better. Also, try to encourage yourself to relax that area. I didn’t feel tense at all, but the more I focused on reminding myself to loosen my upper body, jaw, eyes, shoulders, etc. it calmed it down more. Tension is one of my biggest physical symptoms.

Re: After several years of coping, HA returns! Cancerous/Cardiac fears

Quote Originally Posted by Shivmarie View Post
    Hiya everyone, after confidently coping with my HA for some years now, i am being swamped by this fear.
    I have had a niggling pain in my left shoulder blade for over week now, intermittent, some times worst than others, it feels like its in the blade, then the back sometimes etc, as i type this, it feels like its midly in the right.
    I am in my head convinced its some sort of lung cancer, which then swaps to being an early indicator im going to have a heart attack.
    I have no red flags, in terms of weight loss, fatigue etc.
    This is not lung cancer, wrong symptoms, so you can stop worrying about that. One of the teachers (age 50) at a school I teach at, has early stage lung cancer. Her symptoms were very different from yours.

Thread Information