Thread: Job worries and need some support

Job worries and need some support

Hello all, I hope that everyone is doing well. I am in need of a little support and advice, I have been told that my current contract at work is not going to be extended, this has caused me to spiral out of control in the last week or so.

A little bit of backstory, I have extreme OCD and anxiety normally relating to work issues or health issues. I graduated from university last May and was panicking for weeks about finding a job when a job popped up at my University and lucky enough I got the job. This job was originally contracted for 6 months, however, the contract was extended to 13 months in the end and will on the 31st of July and that's it no chance of an extension. Myself and the other 2 employees are looking for jobs (Meaning I already have two competitors who I deem better than me) and we are applying for the same roles both internally and externally. Now this is where my problem starts I have 5 months left but don't feel like I will get another job, I had an interview at a different university that went so badly it has knocked me back and ruined my confidence so much that I have started to fall back into my pit of depression and it's becoming obvious to my partner, colleagues and boss. All I want is to achieve something that I set out a long time ago a 5-year plan upon graduation to work at the university for 5 years then go into a field such as TV, Film or games. That was always the plan and it made me feel good when I got this job it felt achievable, but now I feel as once this contract has ended I will not get a job and all the experience I have gained over the year will be wasted. I just don't know what to do I'm so down and unhappy and feel as if I need some support or advice to keep my head above the water.

Luke

Re: Job worries and need some support

Breath. You got one job so you know it can be done. You didn't get another job - that's fate telling you that was not the job for you. Breath. Enjoy the next 5 months as much as is possible, everyday will have a slither of a silver lining so don't miss out on those joys. And keep applying for the jobs you really want. There are many competitors out there but none of them are you. Think positive = being seen as positive. Good luck.

Re: Job worries and need some support

hi everyone, i am new here and not even sure if i am doing this the correct way ha!! my reason for joining is i am due to return back to work tomorrow after a few days off and the thought of it has left me in tears several times today and i have a horrible sick feeling. this is not the first time i have had these feelings, feel them most sunday evenings before returning back to work.....

a few friends have advised me to go to the doctor but that frightens me and what if the doc doesnt think i need signed off??

any help or advice would be kindly accepted.

thanks

Thread Information