Hi all. I have been agoraphobic for 20 years, virtually housebound in all that time. Last November I was discussing some symptoms I had with my DR and he gave me an urgent referral to my local gyne hospital. I got there by taking seven 5mg of diazepam. I had to go back and took four 5mg of diazepam. After that the Drs would only prescribe me with two 5mg diazepam for each trip.

During one of the last trips to outpatients I started to have quite a lot of panic symptoms. I don't know why. Maybe because there were a lot of people there? Maybe because I had to wait a long time for the hospital transport home? Anyway, I managed to cope and the transport came soon after so I got home OK.

I had lots of tests and it was found I had cancer of the womb lining and had to go in for a hysterectomy. The morning I went in I took three 5mg of diazepam. I managed to stay in hospital for two nights (Three days.) On the way home I kept thinking, 'I'm outside, surely the diazepam have worn off by now. I'm not covered by them any more.' I just tried to focus on the journey (I do enjoy the ride there and back.) and managed to get home OK.

The trouble is I have to go to another outpatients appointments in a couple of weeks for my follow up appointment. (Discuss if I need further treatment, etc.) Although I managed to stay in the hospital previously it was in another department completely. I keep getting memories of the panic in my mind and I'm really worried about going back. Would anybody have some advice about what I could do? I know I would be described the two diazepam again but obviously they are starting not to work. I go with my mum already. (Thanks mum. ) I have also got in touch with Steps To Wellbeing but they haven't got back in touch with me again yet. (Probably all the snow.)

Any help/advice will be greatly received!